Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 1,321 to 1,340 of 3,072

Grumblevolcano

@iKhan Maybe it would convince the Pokemon Company to allow Pokemon to stop being an annual franchise. All annual franchises except FIFA will probably burnout one day.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DarkRula

I tuned in for an hour sometime into the third extra hour of the GameXplain stream. I kind of agree with them that giving it a bit more activity would have helped keep people around, but I don't think it needed to be to the degree that they were talking about.

Although it would have been awesome had two random trainers just walked into the clearing and started having a battle.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Eel

@Octane we don’t really know the size of the thing so it may as well be rapidash size

@iKhan: it would probably just kill the rpg series. They are no longer the central focus of the franchise, and basically are simply used to introduce new monsters and ideas. However, they already underperform compared to mobile and merchandise, so if this is a big loss, it’s likely they simply will interpret that as “the fans don’t want this kind of game anymore”.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Joeynator3000

...Eh, now I'm more glad that I did that meme thing, seems fitting now. xD

Random whisper: ....Loooooooooserrrrrrr.....

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Tyranexx

I liked the concept of the "live footage" stream, but the execution could have been a lot better IMO. I tuned in on and off for a few hours and ran it in the corner of one of my monitors at work. I finally gave up a few hours in as I hadn't seen much besides the Pikachu near the beginning, some Morelull, heard a few cries, and saw a bush towards the left of the screen waggle every now and again. I figured if anything of note was shown, it would be reported.

I do like how Galarian Ponyta looks. I'm eager to learn more about it.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

jump

sanya_exe wrote:

I didn't know you created a meme, why didn't you mention it?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Octane

I just learned that Sword and Shield have a permanent Exp All, and there's no way to turn it off. That's incredibly stupid IMO. Already wasn't a fan of the change from Exp Share to Exp All, but I don't understand why they simply don't give us the choice to turn it on or off. What happened to ''player choice''?

Octane

darkfenrir

Granted, from one of the screenshots I see it seems to be scaled depending on level so...

darkfenrir

Octane

@Tsurii

Game Informer wrote:

During our trip to Game Freak for this month's cover story, we learned a ton of tidbits about Pokémon Sword and Shield and what went into making it. One of the smaller, yet interesting pieces of info we learned involves Exp. Share, an item that splits the experience earned in battle to all Pokémon in the player's party.

According to director Shigeru Ohmori, Pokémon Sword and Shield does away with this item. However, when we followed up with Ohmori about whether that means we need to train up each individual Pokémon, he confirmed to us that every Pokémon in your party gets equal experience automatically as you progress through the game.

Octane

Haruki_NLI

@Tsurii It's the same system featured in Let's Go....which you cant turn off...

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Joeynator3000

jump wrote:

sanya_exe wrote:

I didn't know you created a meme, why didn't you mention it?

I did....o.o
I posted it in the last page or so here. I didn't flat-out call it a meme otherwise it would become less funny, lol

EDIT: After NL stopped being a poop I decided to put a link to it in my sig. -w-

Edited on by Joeynator3000

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Heavyarms55

Still nothing but negativity on this thread. Sad. Not really sure why people with nothing positive to say follow this game so closely. I think the 24 hour stream did exactly what it was intended to, it got people talking and wondering and introduced a new Pokemon. You didn't have to watch nonstop for the whole time, there just had to be someone watching at all times. And with it being a global stream that was easily accomplished. I just kept it open in another tab while I was online.

I'm really getting eager to play these titles. If we can get Gallarian Ponyta at anything resembling a decent point during the story, I absolutely want to use it. Gallarian Weezing too! And a certain bird-knight! The rumor mill has been working over time and for once, I really hope it is true. People are saying Gallarian Ponyta evolves into a winged unicorn, or "alicorn" I guess they are called in mythology? Whatever the case, I would absolutely love that! Pegasus knights are among my favorite Fire Emblem units and I would love breeding a bunch and naming them after my faves from across the franchise! Fairy/Flying would be an awesome type! Imagine stab brave bird and play rough on a Pokemon with Rapidash's very respectable attack and speed! Yes please!

Another interesting rumor is that Gallarian Ponyta has a split evolution, with the females becoming Alicorns like above, but the males becoming dark or dark/fairy without wings - I've heard there is some Norse mythology to back that idea up - though I don't know the details.

Another rumor suggests that the counterpart to Sirfetch'd will be a dark/flying evolution for Chatot. Which could be interesting. I could see a special based dark flying with boom burst and dark pulse being pretty cool.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

link3710

@Heavyarms55 Can't speak for anyone else, but I've been following pretty closely hoping for something to turn my opinion around. It's not like I want to not be excited about a new generation's Pokemon game for the first time ever. Everything from Red/Blue to Sun/Moon I've been hyped for the launch of, it feels weird not to be.

link3710

Heavyarms55

@DarthNocturnal I believe the Valkryie rode horses like I was talking about, winged unicorn also apparently called "alicorns". I don't know about Odin's horse though, if the rumor is about it being dark type is right, why would Odin ride and evil horse? Dark type in Japanese is literally "evil" or "demon" type. I don't know nearly enough about Norse mythology to say.

On an unrelated note, I never got to take the mythology course in high school because my very religious mother considered it paganism...

@link3710 Well I don't know what to say. We're getting a load of new Pokemon, in HD for the first time. In a region based heavily on the UK/vaguely Europe. It's a real Pokemon game on the Switch stated to have improved multi-player mechanics making it easier to get competitive level Pokemon. The game will feature a free roaming wild area with changing weather and different spawning Pokemon, multi-player co-op raid battles for the first time and even version exclusive gyms. In my book the only downside is the limited Pokedex - but even that choice I personally think was the right one and something that was likely inevitable.

link3710

@Heavyarms55 Honestly, I don't have a problem with the limited Dex (or Dexit if you will). It was inevitable, and even if I don't think this generation required it the next likely would. And assuming they keep the dex around 600 or so per game, I think that's a fine amount. Heck, even the 457 Pokemon in the Kalos dex was a perfect number for the main game, though I think you need the other ~150 for the post-game. The best part is if most of the drops are legendaries and mythicals. Limit this gen to Zerora (had limited availability near the end of gen VII, let people use it more), Mew (from Let's Go), the new ones, Gen IV's if they're planning remakes and two or three more to give out during the gen. That's more than enough. Legendaries are the same, we don't need Kyogre, Groudon, the Musketeers, etc. We could easily cut it to about 770 just with a decent trimming of those. Then cut some of the more repeated mons that no one actually uses (we don't need every gen's Pidgey/Rattata counterpart for example, and Illumise and Volbeat missing a gen wouldn't be a big deal), and you honestly should be almost there.

What's bothering me is... well... the lack of anything new that I like. Competitive stuff I don't care about, so those improvements are meh. The region so far hasn't impressed me at all in design. The Wild Area I'm afraid is going to be an utter slog from everything I've seen, rather than the fun place it should be. And even if the main game was awful, I'd be happy if we finally got a decent post game. We haven't had one since B2W2, and even that one was a small step down from Platinum/Emerald. Though, I guess asking for that in the first release of a generation is impossible anyways. So uh... yeah. I guess it's less that I dislike what I've seen (outside of Gigantamax, which I actively loathe) and more that I haven't been wowed yet. The wild area should have been that but...

link3710

Quarth

@Heavyarms55 I haven't been very active on this topic, but just wanted to say that this is the first Pkmn game I have been really hyped about since the GBA days (have played most gens, only missed out on Sun & Moon/US&M). I believe this will be great!

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Heavyarms55

@Quarth I'm glad someone has something nice to say, for once! Thank you! I'm pumped for these games as well! It's not even worth responding to the haters out there anymore, but I'm happy to see someone else interested in the game! I'll have to throw you a friend request later on Switch. Maybe we can battle sometime after the game comes out. Or do some raids!

Heavyarms55

@DarthNocturnal I've had a lot of patience with GF over the years, I want to say that, because of how other major Nintendo titles like Zelda and Smash have now had DLC, that instead of Pokemon Gun/third version, we will get a DLC add on.

That, or I think Pokemon Sword2/Shield2 is very possible. I feel like with what they were saying about major and minor league gyms changing every so often, that we could get sequel games set in the same region, a few years later, like we did with Black2/White2.

Joeynator3000

....Pokemon Gun, FINALLY, a Pokemon FPS.

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic