Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 1,181 to 1,200 of 3,072

link3710

I would not be surprised in the slightest if the entire first generation came along thanks to the general bias. I'm just afraid we'll only see about four to five lines from each other generation in comparison due to them putting all their eggs in the Gen 1 basket, again.

@SusieHaltmann I mean, assuming the GTS is back you should be able to find 10000 trades for whatever the corresponding Shield exclusive is when it launches if that helps.

link3710

Tyranexx

To be to the point: I like Sirfetch'd. A lot. Farfetch'd has needed an evolution for years.

I'm curious what the parallel exclusive for Shield will be.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

Sirfetch'd is my "Indonesian" fighter with its Bambu Runcing / Spear Leek as weapon. 😁

Anti-Matter

farrow000

@Anti-Matter Its based on British lancers.

I think Dunsparce might be the Sheild exclusive but with the lance theme of Sirfecthd makes me wonder if there is going to be a new horse Pokemon or a new form/evolution of Ponyta/Rapidash

farrow000

My Nintendo: SW-3219-1520-3721

Anti-Matter

@farrow000
When i saw Sirfetch'd weapon for the first time, it looked like Bambu Runcing / Bamboo Spear since here in Indonesia, my country there was a traditional weapon made by bamboo and cut diagonally to make it sharp like a spear.

Anti-Matter

farrow000

@Anti-Matter yeah but sword and sheild are based on the UK history and culture. Kings and Queens, medieval battles, punk rock, tea etc

farrow000

My Nintendo: SW-3219-1520-3721

Gravitron

@Tsurii with Let's Go I just named pokemon "NeedOddish or Need Bellsprout" and I was able to complete the dex very fast.

Gravitron

ITAFTRS

farrow000 wrote:

@Anti-Matter yeah but sword and sheild are based on the UK history and culture. Kings and Queens, medieval battles, punk rock, tea etc

If it's UK related, then please give me a David Bowie-Pokémon!^^

ITAFTRS

TheAwesomeBowser

StableInvadeel wrote:

They can use it for a cool animation or two!

Get real, man. This is the same company that committed Dexit.

Own up to Joy-Con Drift, Nintendo. We all know it's your fault

-Green-

I’m hopeful to see what balance changes and buffs they make for Pokémon’s this time around. Please buff Gogoat. I’ve got a shiny Gogoat who I would love to use if his stats and move pool weren’t so mediocre and bad.

The games come out in two months and I’ve been avoiding any leaks. Still waiting for that new innovation/feature(s) for the generation. So far Gigantamaxing/Dynamaxing and Camping are variations of things we’ve seen in previous generations with Megas/Z-Moves and Amie respectively.

I suppose the Wild Area is supposed to be the new big thing so far but I don’t know. It doesn’t really feel wow enough to excite me. Maybe all the open world games as of late have dulled me a bit

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

BlackTalon2

SirFetch'ed is definitely on my team. I'm having a Knights vs Dragons team.

So SirFetch'ed, Escavalier, Duraludon, Haxorus, Golisopod for now. I'm hoping Talonflame and Clawitzer are in the game too.

One thing i am thankful for in Sword and Shield, no more previous gen legendaries and mythical pokemon, it is long overdue. Those things ruined battle spot and link battles.

Thank God for Dexit.

VIVA CRISTO REY !

-Green-

That’s assuming Gamefreak doesn’t just introduce new Legendaries to take their place tbh. Last gen introduced around 20 or so legendarily tier Pokémon.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

toiletduck

Currently (finally!) playing through Ultra Sun for the first time. Man, this game for me is mediocre at best. I have the feeling I'm playing through a bad child's cartoon; it's so dialogue heavy. The trial approach doesn't click for me and the Z-moves feel like a redundant novelty (I felt like that about Mega evolutions also and I'll probably feel the same about dyna's). I miss gen 2/3/4. I started playing Ultra Sun to get excited for Sw/Sh, but the opposite is happening

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Heavyarms55

I'm getting really eager for these games. I've held myself back from replaying any older titles for a long time now. I can't wait to enjoy Sw/Sh on the TV and on the go!

Been since the Gamecube days that I've been able to do that! And honestly I do think it's partly because of the Gamecube Game Boy player letting me play the same games on the go and on TV that I love the Switch so much. Pokemon was the game I used the most back then.

I honestly think Sw/Sh look real fun and am very eager to play at this point!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

link3710

@Snaplocket Oh agreed. It's just... the details we've heard so far have taken the wind out of my sails with both the wild area and the tournament. I'm still super hoping they turn out wonderful, but I'm not expecting it at this point.

@toiletduck Ugh, yeah, the worst part is Pokemon Masters actually manages to rework Z-Moves and Mega Evolutions into a way that felt fun and natural instead of tacked on by combining them and not allowing them turn 1. But we'll probably never see that happen in the main games unfortunately. Dynamax... well there's no saving that from being a useless gimmick.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

Is it just me or did we have a lot more info on the games as a whole with previous gens at this point. Not just Pokemon but locations, things to do, etc.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic