Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 1,161 to 1,180 of 1,318

-Juice-

Creatures Inc did the models in X and Y, Game Freak did the art:
https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2013/10/23/5015194/how-g...
Creatures Inc does every 3D model:
https://cgworld.jp/interview/creatures-201707.html
Creatures Inc worked on the improved models for LGPE, as noted in the credits:
https://www.mobygames.com/game/switch/pokmon-lets-go-pikachu/...
Creatures Inc also did modeling for Sun and Moon:
https://cgworld.jp/feature/201707-cgw227GG-pokemon.html

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

Octane

@CanisWolfred But they talked about new high quality animations being the reason for the lack of national dex. Even the trainer animations are copy-pasted.

And all the 3D models for the Pokemon are made by Creatures; Pkmn GO, XY, Sun/Moon, and Sword/Shield all use the same Pokemon models and animations.

Octane

Zuljaras

@Octane So they lie about the reason the national dex is not happening for Sword and Shield?

I did not follow all the news about that because it is a ****storm in every thread about Sword and Shield.

Edited on by Zuljaras

Zuljaras

Octane

@Zuljaras Yeah, that's the point. Not so much that they're cutting the dex, but that they're talking BS when it comes to explaining why. They said the reason is that they'rw working on high quality animations. Even though all of them are the same as XY and Sun/Moon. Even trainer animations are recycled, and animations in general look very low budget. Now they're talking about having to redo all the 3D models, even though it's Creatures that does the 3D modeling for the Pokemon, and they're pretty much the same as far as we can tell.

Just say it's too much work to implement/balance 1000 Pokemon. No need to lie about it.

Octane

Zuljaras

@Octane Damn I can already see them adding older Pokemon to the game with patches and NOT allowing players to battle because one of them do not have the same version as the other.

At least they can share patches without internet but that is not the point.

Is this the start of the Pokémon Company downfall?

Zuljaras

Justifier

Game Freak should hire more people. Rockstar had about thousand people working on RDR2. Game Freak should be 500 strong at least.

Soldiers does not judge. Soldiers delivers judgement.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

Grumblevolcano

@Zuljaras They've already said Sword/Shield isn't getting more Pokemon post-launch. So then the 2020 Pokemon games have a different collection of Pokemon (some that weren't in Sword/Shield, some in Sword/Shield being cut) and the process repeats.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DarthNocturnal

I thought they didn't really say anything about more Pokemon being added via an update, other then “maybe“?

And even if they did, plans can change.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

CanisWolfred

@-Juice- I forgot to check back here, but I did find those sources. Weird that Creatures' contributions seemed to have otherwise been buried, because all other official sources I could find failed to note Creature's involvement. Even their official website only briefly mentioned that they helped with OR/AS.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

-Juice-

@CanisWolfred I'm not sure if they're being humble, or Game Freak just doesn't want them to have the credit. It could also be that since XY/ORAS were essentially being made at the same time, ORAS somehow took priority when it came to crediting. The joint partnership and cooperation might also muddy who gets written credit as well.

Edited on by -Juice-

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

Octane

On the topic of redoing 3D models. What's up with Hitmontop and his model? Why isn't he upside down, or rather, the right side up, as he has been in every game up until XY? That was his unique trait.

Octane

Tsurii

Fun fact (and a sad testament to the creativity of the Pokémon localization team..): Hitmontop's German name literally is Kapoeira. And yes, ze germanz spell capoeira with k 😛

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter

Octane

Morpheel wrote:

It would probably look odd constantly spinning and balancing too. In the older 3d games it does.

Yeah, I know. And it looks a lot better than having him stand on his feet.

Octane

Tsurii

The thing is... Hitmontop was never intended to constantly spin on its head. They just picked that pose for its sprite because it looks flashier. It has always stood on its feet in the Anime and the only exception for the 3D games are the ones that used the Stadium models. Even Mystery Dungeon had it stand and walk normally.

Edited on by Tsurii

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter

StableInvadeel

Yeah, before they had to choose an action pose for the sprite, and the stadium model seems to beaded on that.

In this current model they simply went for a more natural pose outside of attacks.

It's one of few big pose changes I don't really see as bad.

Edited on by StableInvadeel

Invading your ranch, taking your cows.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Venus_Adept

Interesting discussion about Hitmontop.
Let me introduce a new one:
I would like to know if Levitating Steelix is canon in the games.

Venus_Adept

-Green-

Probably much easier to animate too. So they don’t have to worry about it clipping into the ground and such

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic