Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 1,121 to 1,140 of 3,072

Heavyarms55

I like Sentret and Furret but they did kinda suck. Very cute but they really had nothing else going for them until 4th gen added sucker punch. And when the best thing you have going for you is a non-stab conditional priority move and a cute design? You have a whole lot of nothing. Still better than Patrat and Watchog, they aren't even cute.

Man, I am honestly really itching for these games. I've been holding off replaying the older titles because I don't want to overload on Pokemon right before the new games. Looking at the list of confirmed Pokemon so far has really done a lot to make me not mind the national Pokedex thing. Had they played favorites with gen 1, again, and we had mostly gen 1 and gen 8 Pokemon I'd have been much more annoyed.

I do hope we get a few more starters from other regions though, maybe at least one starter from each other gen. We know Charizard is there already, so my choices would be Cyndaquil, Mudkip, Piplup, Snivy, Froakie and Rowlett.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Heavyarms55

Professional pessimist please stop. Looking at the variety we've already seen, plus the fact that they showed Charizard but haven't shown Blastoise or Venusaur yet, leads me to believe my idea is more likely right.

Eel

To be fair, we have never ever seen a starter family represented in a game without its elemental neighbors to go along with it (in a main game, at least).

So if they want to have more starters, I'd realistically see them giving us full sets. So yes, venusaur and blastoise.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Heavyarms55

That's a fair argument I can't discount really. But also this game has already broken some traditions so I wouldn't say you can count on that idea anymore.

Heavyarms55

Lots of new details in the Direct today. I figured trainer customization would be back, nice to see it fleshed out more! Lots more classic Pokemon confirmed today too. Looking like, while the game wont have everything, it will have a very very healthy Pokedex in my book! The new teapot Pokemon looks cool but I find the idea of a Tea-based Pokemon letting its trainer TASTE it to be really uncomfortable. lol

iKhan

We seriously haven't had any non-starter fire types announced yet.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Anti-Matter

Curry is not UK based dish, right ? ๐Ÿคจ
Looks like Japanese Curry style based on the Direct.
But wait a minute....
I still questioning about some Pokemon's food diet.
Looks like there were some Herbivore Pokemons enjoy Meatatarian Curry.

Anti-Matter

RR529

@Anti-Matter, I think curry is popular in the UK thanks to large amount of Indian immigration (as it used to be a colony).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tyranexx

I like the look of Pokemon Camp. It reminds me of secret bases back in gens 3 and 4. It's a neat way to implement Pokemon interaction in these games as well.

Making curry looks interesting. I'm not sure how many recipes I would bother to find in the game, but I'd at least mess around with it a time or two. XD I've never had curry IRL, so now I kinda wanna try some....

The two new Pokemon were kind of meh to me, but I don't dislike them either.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

farrow000

@Anti-Matter Curry became popular in the UK when they controlled India back in the day, it's also the most common foreign cuisine in the country with their own versions.

I love the tea pokemon that is very British but I'm hoping they have a pokemon based on the welsh dragon.

Edited on by farrow000

farrow000

My Nintendo: SW-3219-1520-3721

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
Psst...
I want to make Dubious Curry like on BOTW. ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
Wanna see the reaction after tasting the Dubious food. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter It wouldn't surprise me if there's a Dubious/Junk/Bad Curry option. XD

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

MsJubilee

They went all out on the customization! I love it, might just buy it for that alone.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Heavyarms55

I've gone from insanely pumped about this game - when first confirmed - to extremely aggravated - with my own disappointment with the Pokedex thing, and then with just how negative everyone and every conversation became - and now I am right back to super excited. I'm itching to play this game! Feels like I haven't played a real Pokemon game in like 3 years. USUM didn't count because 85% was just S/M copypasta and Let's Go Pikavee, while not terrible, was just not that great. And I haven't allowed myself to replay any Pokemon games recently because I've got an almost out of control backlog of other games growing now.

I'm very ready for this game - I don't care what the haters have to say - I think it looks good and am eager to try it. Feel free to laugh at me if I end up not liking it, that's fair. But don't think I am gonna have to worry about that!

Edited on by Heavyarms55

DarkRula

So has there been any jokes anywhere about the reason the national dex was cut was to make room for the curry dex yet?

A good showing, with the trailer giving us a better listen to what I think was the wild battle theme. The camp is actually a neat idea, letting us see the 'mon playing around together. And I think I might just recreate that segment in the trailer of the Eeveelutions at the camp when I can.

Also, if this customisation is as in-depth in options as they say it is, maybe I'll finally be able to get pretty close to my profile picture this time.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

darkfenrir

@DarkRula I don't see jokes, but I do see a lot of people getting angry on "they can make 100+ curries but not complete pokemon dex???"

darkfenrir

DarkRula

Yes. Because there's no difference at all between 100 similar models with no animation to more than a thousand models that need plenty of animation for varying different scenarios.

Honestly, people. You're as bad as those review-bombing Switch games 'cus you can't have them on PS4.

DarkRula

DarkRula

It certainly is not the absolute best it can be, but considering the behemoth this franchise is, the only way games will change is if sales tank to the point where they absolutely need to revitalise the main series. And as said, the franchise is a behemoth. Chances of that happening are zero.

DarkRula

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic