Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 101 to 120 of 3,072

-Green-

Ah yes. Can’t wait for the QA to tell us how Gamefreak managed the greatly creative task of remaking Kanto for the third time

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Grumblevolcano

@Octane So maybe the Direct is Let's Go DLC then

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

No livestream on NLife? Weird.

@Grumblevolcano It is strange that they decide to promote the old games after announcing the new ones...

Octane

Arcamenel

There will be designated times where they share more information about the new games and there are still sales to be made on LGPE. Part of the fun is the slow information drop they do.

Derrick
3DS FC: 1693 - 1069 - 1732

Octane

So err... That was that.

Octane

darkfenrir

holy shoot that loooooooooooooooks goooooooooooooooooooooooood

darkfenrir

DuskformLycanroc

Best direct ever. The games look amazing. I love 2/3 of the starters. Region is vibrant and looks like my home the UK. Can’t wait. Day one purchase. Hard choice to decide which to get. Looks like it’s going back to gyms and Pokemon gameplay I’ve enjoyed previously. That’s all I wanted.

3DS FC 5387-0811-6168

redd214

I'm sure the hate train is barreling down the tracks and will arrive soon, but just want to say I think it looks really good! That's 2 Christmas gifts already decided on

redd214

gcunit

I'm no expert on the subject, but it looked like they've erred on the side of playing it safe, with no obvious big departures from the visual design and gameplay that is already established for Pokémon. Probably great if you're a big fan, though a little underwhelming perhaps for others.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Octane

So quick thoughts:

Initial shots looked good, but I don't know if those were just cinematic shots for the trailer. Seems like pretty standard Pokemon fare to me. An upgrade over the 3DS games for sure, but the Pokemon models are still the same. Anyway, looks decent to me, not mind-blowing, but just good. But I definitely want to see the trailer a few more times.

Starters look good as well, although the water one is a bit generic.

The names for the games themselves are stupid though

Octane

Harmonie

That looks like an England region. I'm happy about that because I was so worried we'd get another warm/hot and/or tropical region. I'm so bored with those, and I love Europe. I've never made it any secret that I adored Kalos.

Otherwise, it does not appear to be revolutionary. That's kind of disappointing. However, the quality of Pokemon games is not immediately seen from trailers, at least not for me. What made Sun/Moon my least favorite Pokemon games (barring LGP/E, which I don't want to have to seriously count) was not evident in the trailers at all.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Namco

The region looks stunning, everything else looks pretty standard

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

jump

Those are some ugly starters!

Harmonie wrote:

That looks like an England region. I'm happy about that because I was so worried we'd get another warm/hot and/or tropical region. I'm so bored with those, and I love Europe. I've never made it any secret that I adored Kalos.

Kalos was meant to be French inspired.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Skid

I must say, this is one of the best set of starters I've seen.

-Scorbunny is adorable and lively! Fits the Chinese zodiac theme that is still debated. Reminds me off a Bugs Bunny in Disney style for some reason. (On no, bandaid. Incoming fighting type!!!)
-I wonder if Grookey will end up a massive gorilla. I feel this one ties with the most potential design wise for later stages with the water starter. Actually my least favorite design but still looks great.
-Sobble is a chameleon, so I'm automatically drawn to it. I also grew up a very shy person, there is another connection.

If I had to choose a starter today it would be between Scorbunny and Sobble. My Chinese Zodiac is the hare, and I'm generally a fire starter person. I've only chose a non fire starter in gen 4 and 6. Sobble, again, is a chameleon. Which is my favorite real life creature. I'm gonna have to see later evolutions to decide...

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413

Zuljaras

I was expecting things to be different but it looks just like a HD 3DS game.

They need to get rid off the grid based build of the world.

DarkRula

Looking good. Not as big an improvement in the battles as I've had liked to see [camera still seems locked behind your team most of the time] but it's a good first effort for a Switch game.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Ralizah

I doubt, after LGPE mixed everything up, that they would risk doing something weird with their main entry. They're giving their base exactly what they want. The game itself looks quite nice: reminds me of Yokai Watch 4. Very colorful environments. The starters didn't set me on fire, but, honestly, with how of these things there are, I'm just glad when we get half-decent designs now.

Now let me explore instead of leading me by the nose like in S/M and I'll be extremely happy.

@Zuljaras S/M's movement and world weren't grid-based, and this doesn't seem to be, either.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Anti-Matter

Aaaah...!!!
Dang it!
I was late to watch the Live Direct. 😕
I got the spoiler from the title i saw just now.
Anyway....
Pokemon Gen 8 = Pokemon Britain and Ireland ?!
I saw a building looked like Big Ben.
And the Sword and the Shield logo has a Wolf profile looking on it, so......

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Zuljaras

@Ralizah I meant that the world looks like it is grid built. At least from the trailer.

At least I hope that the game is HUGE with lots of stories and secrets in it. I want that mystery that Black and White as well as Ruby and Sapphire gave.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic