Forums

Topic: Pinball FX 3

Posts 161 to 180 of 234

Spoony_Tech

@RR529 Champion's Pub is the one I am concerned about because of that reason. If they get into changing gameplay elements then that's crossing the line for me. My guess is they will not release that particular table till they iron some things out. If they can't include every gameplay element of the original table then that's going too far.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Tasuki

@RR529 I see what your saying but that's no excuse. If they knew that they wouldn't be able to keep the tables how they were, then they shouldn't have bothered to get the license from The Pinball Arcade. Either that or like I said they should have include a code or maybe purchase the non censored tables separately. Anyway as it is untill they do, they are not getting any of my money

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

SKTTR

So, these new Pinball FX3 tables are already available in The Pinball Arcade, correct?
What's the matter then? You can just buy the uncensored versions on TPA if you want them.
Or get the family-friendly alternative version of the same game on Pinball FX3.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Spoony_Tech

@SKTTR Not any more, TPA had to pull all Williams and Bally tables off the store front a few months back. His whole point is he would like what many are saying are the better versions both visually and the physics wise from Zen uncensored.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

rockodoodle

Got the new Williams tables.... In case u are curious, I am enjoying them. Recommended.

rockodoodle

Lroy

Thanks to a bunch of us from here and our little community retreat, the Adult Switch Gamers Discord, I’ve really been getting (back) into PINBALL FX3. We’ve been having weekly tournaments (last place picks the next table) and discussing our favourite table packs and generally chatting pinball.

The bug has bitten me hard and I’ve been buying DLC left, right and centre. The Williams packs are definitely my favourites due to their ‘Deep Engine’ improved physics. I’ve also ordered the physical edition of STERN PINBALL to get the eleven real-tables on there as well, lol!

Anyway, if anyone fancies adding me for some friendly pinball competition - I’m a far cry from our @Meppi but always willing to have a go - let me know and I’ll accept the invite.

Plus, if anyone has a hunch of what tables are upcoming, I’d love to hear about it. Equally, if anyone still plays the past versions of Zen Pinball in other platforms and has a strong recommendation for a table, be cool to hear it. There seems to be some differences in the catalog availability across different platforms for PINBALL FX3, licensing I’d imagine, hopefully that may get sorted out in the future as it would be ace to get an expanded library onto the Switch version.

Happy flipping!

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Lroy

Booted up my old ZEN PINBALL 1, 2 as well as MARVEL PINBALL on past generations (Wii U/3DS, PS3, Vita) and the FarSight Williams and Gottlieb pinball games from the Wii era. Be ace to get some of this content and the Star Wars pinball tables into PINBALL FX 3 for Switch at some stage. I’d love that PLANTS VS. ZOMBIES table to come to Switch. Hell, I’d thrilled to get PLANTS VS. ZOMBIES 1 onto Switch full-stop!

Edited on by Lroy

Lroy

Just picked up the UNIVERSAL pack of tables. Gotta stop buying table packs, that’s three (possibly even four) in less than a week, lol!

Lroy

Thanks to @fafounet for the heads-up: NL listed in their EU Switch eShop round-up that the Bethesda Tables Pack is on sale at the moment for under a £5. I’d held off buying this particular pack due to having little to no personal experience with any of these IP (Doom, Skyrim and erm... not even sure what the third table is based on, Fall Out maybe?). Anyway, for £5 I’ll bite.

Spoony_Tech

@Lroy Lol, you are hold up this topic all by yourself. I got a but burnt out on pinball after well over a 1000 hours combined over Wii U, 3ds, and Switch. Feel free to send me a friend request though if you like.

MERG said:

Lroy

@Spoony_Tech Ha! Ha! There’s plenty of Pinball chat going on over on the Adult Switch Gamers thread but thought I’d try and post here too, to see if any more folks fancy getting in on tournaments and sharing digital pinball chat.

If I recall correctly, I’ve noticed your name on the leaderboards and certainly seen you comment on pinball games on here before. The 1,000 hrs played doesn’t come as a surprise, lol! I’ll shoot you over a friend request when I next boot up my Switch.

By the way, I’ve been adding to my table collection across multiple platforms recently and was considering purchasing STAR WARS PINBALL on 3DS. I’ve not got a pinball game on the 3DS and would like to see how the 3D looks on my (New) 3DS XL. Plus, I don’t own any Star Wars tables on ZEN PINBALL 2 for Wii U/PS3/PSVita.

Would you recommend the game for 3DS?

Edited on by Lroy

Spoony_Tech

@Lroy I would definitely recommend ay the very least checking one of the 3ds table packs out. Once you see them in 3d you will want all your tables in 3d. I started out playing on my 3ds though and got use to the way it felt on there. Hiwever once I started playing hd versions I struggled to go back. The low res and 30fps just doesnt hold up.

The best of both worlds would be 60fps with hd graphics in 3d!

Oh and to add to this I'm on discord and there's a bunch of us on there as well discussing pinball if you're interested in more pinball talk. It's the Zen Studios section.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Lroy

@Spoony_Tech I think I might go for it then. I’d pretty much have some tables on all my consoles and handhelds. Of course, ideally I’d have them all on Switch (the perfect system for these games and many other genres). But not sure how long it will take Zen to get the rights/permissions they need to bring the Marvel and Star Wars tables to Switch Pinball FX 3. Cheers for giving me that last nudge I needed.

As for 3D, yeah that’s a big part of my curiosity and why I thought getting at least one set of tables for my 3DS wouldn’t be a waste or time or money. On a related note, have you ever tried ZEN PINBALL 2 on PS3 on a 3D TV?

I am assuming it’s only 30fps but I have a 3D enabled TV here and the glasses, so I should really go back to ZEN PINBALL 2 and give it a try one of these days.

Edited on by Lroy

Spoony_Tech

@Lroy Don't have the right tv for that but I would be curious as to how it looks. Sadly I will never get that chance. Oh and I added to my last comment, not sure if you even saw that as your comment posted right as I updated.

MERG said:

Lroy

@Spoony_Tech I’m not all that clued up on how Discord works. Only a member of the Adult Switch Gamers one a bunch of us from here created. Do you have a link or do I search from within the App? Using the Discord app on my phone.

Spoony_Tech

@Lroy Give me your discord name and I can send an invite. I still dont know how it all works myself lol. Invites are the easiest way as far as I can see.

MERG said:

Lroy

@Spoony_Tech I think I’ve worked it out. I need the Discord link to the Zen Discord you are talking about. I think it’s basically a code. Like the one @naviandmii has in his forum signature.

This is the Discord link to our Adult Switch Gamers Discord:
https://discord.gg/Qp469SX

Within that we have our dedicated Pinball Tournaments thread.

UPDATE: @naviandmii @sonofvon I copied this Discord link from @sonofvon ‘s forum sig. Seems to be saying invite expired. Any help?

Edited on by Lroy

Spoony_Tech

@Lroy I believe this is it....

https://discord.gg/NpNDkU

MERG said:

Lroy

@Spoony_Tech Cool, I’m in. Thanks for that.

Lroy

@Spoony_Tech Just tried ZEN PINBALL 2 in 3D on my TV. Amazing! Like having a higher res and huge 3DS panel in front of your eyes. Played PLANTS VS. ZOMBIES table and the NINJA GAIDEN table. Loved it.

Sorry, this topic has been locked.