Forums

Topic: Pinball FX 3

Posts 141 to 160 of 234

RR529

SKTTR wrote:

Are there really people out there who prefer The Pinball Arcade over Pinball FX3?
Zen might censor a naked woman but the gameplay feels much better.
Also The Pinball Arcade's presentation looks drab and cheap with menus like an old SNES game, in contrast Pinball FX3 and even the Wii U version (Zen Pinball 2) look modern and stylish.

1. You'd be surprised. I had a general pinball thread opened in the other gaming section of the site, and while it doesn't get much activity nowadays, most of the regular commenters at the time preferred TPA over Zen (most of them were fans of real tables though, which at the time Zen didn't have, so that may be changing for them).

2. What makes the censorship odd though is that the mermaid wasn't naked, or even risque, it was a pretty run of the mill rendition (I noticed they removed the cigar from the fisherman's mouth as well). I concede it's definitely not a big issue in this instance, but I wonder if their strict stance on this sort of thing will prevent them from even considering certain tables (Such as Bride of Pinbot & Scared Stiff) where a certain level of sexiness is part of the core of the theme.

3. I very much agree that the level of polish Zen brings to the tables (in both gameplay & presentation) is amazing, and the most important thing.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

wyzworld76

@meppi64 Thanks for the add! I'm over on the other forum as Wesman! Miss ya over there! Your score is really amazing on Medieval Madness! How do I join up for this tournament?

wyzworld76

Switch Friend Code: SW-5115-1729-4603 | My Nintendo: Wesman | Nintendo Network ID: SW-5115-1729-4603

Spoony_Tech

@wyzworld76 It wasn't a tournament, it was a classic score he was challenging everyone to beat.

If anyone want to add me my code is in my sig.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

wyzworld76

Ah, oops! Thanks for the info!

Cool, I'll add ya!
Nice to meet ya, - Wes

wyzworld76

Switch Friend Code: SW-5115-1729-4603 | My Nintendo: Wesman | Nintendo Network ID: SW-5115-1729-4603

meppi64

@wyzworld76 Hey there.
I kinda got burned out on message boards and all the negativity that comes with it, especially over there.
Thought it would be different from the old place, but it quickly turned into the exact same thing so I didn't want to get frustrated all the time with the fanboy wars and overall nastiness that goes on there, so I called it quits.
Haven't been on here much either as I tend to just hang out with a small group on our old people discord.

Had a pretty good run with Medieval Madness during that particular game.
But there's tons of room for improvement as I almost completely wasted 2 balls. Luckily I could grab a couple extra balls.
Again a good example of why you don't throw away a game because the first ball drains super quick. You never know what might happen on the next one.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

wyzworld76

@meppi64 I remember people stated you left, and were worried, and I went and looked at your post history, and the frustration you were feeling. That definitely sucked to read, and I completely understand. There's a lot of ego grandstanding, people wanting to always be right above all, and social commentary and political stuff always going on there. I'm glad this site offers a break from that, and I'm glad to see you posting here, and adding me on the Switch!

I usually restart after a terrible first ball, but now I'll be reconsidering that each time because of you, haha! Really a fantastic game by you, and I bet you definitely got into that Pinball Zen groove when reaching it, literally and figuratively!

Edited on by wyzworld76

wyzworld76

meppi64

@wyzworld76 Yeah, I wiped pretty much everything I could find the day I asked a mod to close my account.
And once she did that, she went back and restored one post from a couple of days prior where I commented on their dumb censorship rule for certain games like Gal Gun, Dungeon Travellers and Omega Labyrinth. For which they banned me for a couple of days. To make it look like that was the reason why I left despite me explaining in PM my reasons.
A low blow on their end, but then again, I don't expect any better from most of the mod team there. Same old, same old, I guess.

I tended to restart the game as well after a really bad first ball, but that somehow seems to get you in a cycle of losing them more often. lol
Strange how that works.
That game did indeed feel very strange. Almost like it played itself.
during it I even posted this on the discord in the pinball thread there: Oh boy! In the middle of a really nice game of Medieval Mandness. On ball 2 and already at 106 million.
Not having any idea that I would end up doubling that score.
Haven't played yesterday, so I'm eager to get back to it. Really loving Zen's work here. It's night and day from their other tables.
I'm hoping we don't have to wait on the next Williams pack for too long.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

monkeyspasm

I've added a few of you as friends so we can hopefully get some pinball hiscore action going

Are there any tournaments ongoing?

Switch Profile name - monkeysp

Switch Friend Code: SW-7394-3764-7014

Spoony_Tech

@monkeyspasm I belong to a group that does weekly tournaments called the Hyna Gang. We have about 20 or so members and are primarily Switch users but we get scores from Xbox and Steam users as well. This weeks table is Fish Tales, if you like to join let me know.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

ArtheXavier

@Spoony_Tech I would love to join as well. Just got into Pinball FX3, too!

Switch Friend code: SW-1992-7925-5001 | Nintendo name: Arthe

Spoony_Tech

@ArtheXavier Sure thing, you can follow us here https://m.facebook.com/groups/852508328095094/#=
Or here
Check out Hyna Gang (@HynaGang): https://twitter.com/HynaGang?s=09

Or if you don't want to do either of those you can just search for Constantin on your Switch via the tournament page on FX3. Atm he's the one making the weekly tables.

He also posts daily updates on the leader boards in those 2 links above. If you like you can also add me and search for tournaments your friends have played in. Either way there's lots of choices you can do. We chat on discord as well.

MERG said:

meppi64

Alright. Time to get serious!

Untitled

meppi64

Tasuki

Anyone know if they added uncensored versions of the Bally/Midway tables yet? I won't buy it yet till they do so but haven't heard anything as of yet.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Spoony_Tech

@Tasuki Nope and doubt it will come any time soon. I have heard they're uncensored on steam I believe but that's likely it for a while unless they want to change their rating to teen.

MERG said:

Tasuki

@Spoony_Tech That's a shame then it will be a no buy for me. I find it odd how Pinball FX is so worried about censoring it but The Pinball Arcade wasn't. Hopefully they see the error in their ways and do release an uncensored version. Till then I am voting with my wallet.

My Backlog

Spoony_Tech

@Tasuki At least take advantage of the free table Fish Tales and see for yourself how they run.

MERG said:

Tasuki

@Spoony_Tech For me it's not how they run but the fact they had the nerve to change the table because they didn't like this or didn't like that. It's fine if they want to censor their own tables but you don't get a classic I.P. and change it because you are offended. If it offenends you why get it?

It be like me getting the I.P. for say Terminator then deciding oh robots killing people offends me let me remake Terminator and instead of all the violence I cut it out to get a G rating. Well.if that's the case why would I have got the I.P. then in the first place?

As I said it's fine the want to do a censored version but the very least they can also have the normal versions too in the game some how. Kinda like the infamous blood code for Mortal Kombat on the Genesis.

My Backlog

Spoony_Tech

@Tasuki It's everything to do with they have an everybody 10 rating and alcohol and tobacco raises them to a higher rating which they need approval for.

Tbh I don't really see the big deal. On Fish Tales they removed a couple od cigars and covered the mermaid more. You're not even looking at those while playing anyways. I enjoy pinball and the core experience is there, cosmetic means nothing to me.

MERG said:

RR529

@Tasuki, @Spoony_Tech, while I agree that the censorship isn't a big deal on their current lineup of tables, they have admitted that they'll be removing a gameplay element from The Champion's Pub (I think it's a gambling themed mode), and changing actual gameplay is definitely gets sketchy for me.

While nothing has been said yet about these tables, IMO it does raise questions about what kind of changes they'll have to make to the Elvira tables, Jack-Bot, and Bride of Pinbot amongst others, if they even choose to release them at all.

My guess, though I'm sure they'd never admit it due to an NDA, is that Disney wants them to keep an "all ages" rating as a condition for their Marvel & Star Wars licenses.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Sorry, this topic has been locked.