Forums

Topic: Pinball FX 3

Posts 121 to 140 of 234

nitake92

Ok I'll get the free table (Fish take )but the rest are going to be on a long waiting list since I bought enough when they were seemingly going away "forever" back in May

nitake92

meppi64

How about a little competition?

Untitled

Either Arcade or Tournament setups are fine for me.

Edited on by meppi64

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

monkeyspasm

I'm up for that!

I had a quick go at lunchtime and noticed that the controls are broken when vertical in handheld mode - you can't press the flippers simultaneously on the joycon at the bottom. Fine in vertical tabletop and (presumably) docked though.

Edited on by monkeyspasm

Switch Profile name - monkeysp

Switch Friend Code: SW-7394-3764-7014

meppi64

Hmm, I had no idea.
I'm playing in TATE tabletop mode or on TV most of the time. And always with a pro controller.
Unless I'm in bed late at night, then I play in TATE mode with joy cons, but have them disconnected from the system and use the triggers.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

nitake92

Been playing the new Fish Tale free table and it's quite ok compared to the other version on Pinball Arcade.
I have a question regarding the Walking Dead Table.

With Telltale closing down, is there a chance that this table might be going away, if so... is it a GOOD table to play? It's not that expensive but I'm trying to cut purchase since I've bought a little too much this month and planning to take a break from spending for games for a month or two until December.

nitake92

Spoony_Tech

@nitake92 I dont know if it will be taken away but there's a good chance it won't be offered on future consoles. Next gen might not get it if there is licensing issues.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

RR529

Been playing a lot of Fish Tales this morning, and love it. It has much more personality than the Zen original tables. Odd that they felt the need to censor the mermaid artwork on the sides of the cabinet (which I'm sure is something that'll annoy pinball buffs that prefer the tables to be authentic as possible, especially if it's a practice Zen engages in often), but I'll still probably grab the other tables.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

JoeDiddley

I’ve downloaded the tables, excited to give them a spin later. I have an old Williams collection (PSP) but never had Pinball Arcade, so I’ve always wanted to try more Williams tables.

Interested in people’s thoughts on how they compare to Farsights efforts.

Edited on by JoeDiddley

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

meppi64

@JoeDiddley
Bit of a preview for that.

Farsight:
Untitled

Zen:
Untitled

I have all Farsight tables on PS3, Xbox One, PS4, PSVita, Switch and a ton of older systems as well.
With that in mind, I have no problem at all in saying that the Zen tables at this point outshine them in clarity, resolution, sharpness and lighting.
And that's without even mentioning the physics...

meppi64

meppi64

Tournament Setup score for Medieval Madness for people interested in joining in:

Untitled

meppi64

FaeKnight

Joeynator3000 wrote:

Ugh...starting to hate this game...I keep losing the ball because it keeps going towards the outer edges or whatever. Sometime's I lose it right at the start of the game which is like....the most bs thing ever.

Decided to read the thread from the beginning before replying, and noticed this. And it made me laugh so hard since that "most bs thing ever" has always been a thing with Pinball. It happens on physical tables. It happens on virtual tables. It's just part of playing pinball. Sometimes, no matter how good you are, the ball just goes strait down the middle of the table and you can't save it.

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

RR529

I just keep going back to Fish Tales, and it's so comfortable to play with loose joycons. I'll definitely be adding the other Williams tables come payday.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Spoony_Tech

@RR529 They all feel really good. Not really feeling Junkyard but I did only play it once.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

FaeKnight

My only real complaints are that it's the same tables I've bought on PC in FX Pinball 2, and on Xbox in FX Pinball 2. Only there's a smaller selection of tables to chose from. Oh, and some of my fav tables haven't made it FX Pinball 3 yet.

FaeKnight

SKTTR

Are there really people out there who prefer The Pinball Arcade over Pinball FX3?
Zen might censor a naked woman but the gameplay feels much better.
Also The Pinball Arcade's presentation looks drab and cheap with menus like an old SNES game, in contrast Pinball FX3 and even the Wii U version (Zen Pinball 2) look modern and stylish.

@Spoony_Tech I'm surprised you only have 500.000.000 points on the new table?

Anyway, the new free table is fun. This is already the fourth free table for the Switch version, I think. Zen Studios are such a nice developer. I bought all of their Wii U pinball tables.

@FaeKnight Yeah, it's weird they haven't released all/any MARVEL tables yet. What else is missing? Nintendo consoles never got the Street Fighter and Ninja Gaiden tables I think. What are your favourite tables?

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Spoony_Tech

@SKTTR All in due time😉, I want to get through Hollow Knight before I really dive in. I had a couple hours with them this morning.

And yes, the 4th free although only 2 are free now.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

FaeKnight

@SKTTR I mostly play the Marvel tables (Spiderman and Wolverine are among my top favs), although the Star Wars Tie Fighter table is a hoot too. I also regularly play the Paranormal, Epic Quest, and Mars tables. Although the Mars table is more nostalgia for me. It's not a table I love, but it came bundled with Windows XP and Windows Vista, so I'm very familiar with the table.

FaeKnight

SKTTR

My first game in this series was actually Zen Pinball 3D for the Nintendo 3DS, so I have a fondness for Excalibur.
Then I got Zen Pinball 2 on Wii U and the first table I bought was Epic Quest which is still my favourite.
My favourite Marvel tables are Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers, and Deadpool.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Spoony_Tech

SKTTR wrote:

My first game in this series was actually Zen Pinball 3D for the Nintendo 3DS, so I have a fondness for Excalibur.
Then I got Zen Pinball 2 on Wii U and the first table I bought was Epic Quest which is still my favourite.
My favourite Marvel tables are Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers, and Deadpool.

I'm really missing GotG as of late. I guess I could still play it if I wanted to. Deadpool was just funny! I got to play Antman on the 360 a while back and really liked it. I would put it up there with some of Zens best.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

JoeDiddley

Thanks @meppi64

I started playing last night, until water started coming through the kitchen ceiling which distracted me somewhat.

But loving Fish Tales and Medieval Madness on first impressions, Junk Yard feels a bit like it’s filling out the collection.

Edited on by JoeDiddley

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

Sorry, this topic has been locked.