Forums

Topic: Pikmin 4

Posts 101 to 120 of 262

Octane

So for the last two months I was sent to Siberia in 1974, on a mission to infiltrate Nintendo. And I can confirm Pikmin 4 is still alive. Barely, but still breathing. More coming soon.

Octane

TuVictus

Aw man saw the thread had a new post and was hoping for some announcement I must have missed

TuVictus

1UP_MARIO

Fantastic news. There is hope

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

ThanosReXXX

@Octane Aw man, don't do that. You can't just go around and play with people's emotions and give 'em false hope...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

porto

This is a general thread, right? So I can resurrect this one? I hope so. Sorry if not I wanted to make thread of something pikmin 4 related, but would like to put it here instead.

What do you think the main objective of Pikmin 4 will be? The first game was about collecting the ships parts, the second was about collecting Moolah, and the third was about collecting fruit. What would Pikmin 4’s be? Maybe collecting different species of animals? Or collecting pikmin even? Idk. I wanted to see if there was any news on it and/or what everyone else thinks.

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

jump

Are we 100% sure back in 2015 when Miyamoto was talking about Pikmin 4 he just wasn't talking about Hey Pikmin as the timing makes more sense than taking 5 years to release a game that's in nearly complete.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

porto

@jump Nintendo said after Hey Pikmin was released they were still working on Pikmin 4.

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Octane

@jump https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-14-miyamoto-pikmin...

But then again, Mario 126 was a thing until 2005/2006 iirc, when suddenly all of the Nintendo staff forgot about it and couldn't even recall it, including Miyamoto, despite being asked about it for several consecutive years. Either it never existed, or they have developed MIB amnesia tech over at Nintendo HQ.

Octane

jump

It wouldn't surprise me if he was actually talking about Hey Pikmin and just lost track of it's development/release date as it was last mentioned before it's release.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Octane

@jump Less than a month before the release of Hey Pikmin he was told by PR not to talk about it, but could only say that ''Pikmin 4 is still progressing''? That doesn't make a lot of sense IMO.

Octane

jump

@Octane The situation doesn’t makebsense otherwise Pikmin 4 would have been released by now so an answer that doesn’t make sense must be applied ;p

Not that I think it’s likely but it’s possible to me that as he wasn’t an active producer on the game he wasn’t keeping tracking of its progress and simply remembered the last thing he was told which may have been 2 months or 2 years before that. It’s why stock answers are normally given like how MP4 was progressing smoothly when asked about before it was binned and started again. I’ve seen directors at companies be completely unaware of their products and projects they themselves initially launched development on before.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

chardir

I'm hopeful (in a slightly backwards way) that they scrapped Pikmin 4 in order to start again on it. That would explain the extreme dev time. The fact that they released Hey Pikmin and the Pikmin 3 port means they are keeping the franchise alive.

Friend Code: SW-1014-2011-3950 (Switch name: Dii)
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: LMR-JBK-RWG

Octane

@chardir It's also possible that they're getting Pikmin 3 Deluxe out just to have a Pikmin game on Switch, and forget about Pikmin 4 until the next console.

Octane

Octane

Remember this game, Nintendo?

Octane

Qwertyninty

I’ve come to the conclusion this and other most wanted games are being held for the next Nintendo switch. Pro or version 2.

Qwertyninty

SquidOnTheRise

Along with F-Zero Ultimate Racing

SquidOnTheRise

Oswinner

I would love a Pikmin trilogy and/or a Pikmin 4. People say that don’t sell well but the numbers are actually fairly decent.

Original Release

Pikmin (2001 - GameCube) 1.60m
Pikmin 2 (2004 - GameCube) 1.12m
Pikmin 3 (2013 - Wii U) 1.27m

Re-Releases

New Play Control: Pikmin (2008 - Wii) 0.62m
New Play Control: Pikmin 2 (2009 - Wii) 0.49m
Pikmin 3 Deluxe (2020 - Switch) 2.04m

Combined Sales
(Original Release + Re-Release)

Pikmin (2.22m)
Pikmin 2 (1.61m)
Pikmin 3 (3.31m)

Edited on by Oswinner

Oswinner

I-U

Why did Nintendo make it for the 3DS when we have the Switch and why is the game a sidescroller now? This may have been the worst announcement from the Direct today.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic