Forums

Topic: Paper Mario: The Origami King

Posts 181 to 200 of 637

NintendoByNature

Im super pumped about this. Definitely looks to be a step up from the original I recently played through.

NintendoByNature

Ryu_Niiyama

That world looks amazing. So colorful and everything just pops! Really, really looking forward to this now.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

iKhan

I'm going to be honest, I'm excited, but I'm still worried about the progression system.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

link3710

Well, that new trailer has me rather worried. Partners are only in a few set battles, no sign of any level up system outside of increasing HP, the boss battles look horrible (though at least a bit fun possibly). I will say the ring system does look rather tactical, which means battles will certainly be more interesting than SS at least, even without partners. Probably CS too.

link3710

Octane

@link3710 The question is how tactical they will become. If they made this game with the idea that any 3-year-old should be able to beat it, then it's a wasted potential.

Octane

Anti-Matter

So, Paper Princess Peach was a "Beach" ?
And Stationary stuffs are Bosses now.
I do hope the 3D Things made a return as Summon Things.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Octane
Could you NOT mention any kind of rated 18+ stuffs references from your reply ?

Anti-Matter

Octane

@Anti-Matter Take it easy. It's just a reference to this scene from Death Stranding: Untitled

Octane

DenDen

Im very excited, its amazing im in for a good adventure!

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

kkslider5552000

I'm probably giving it too much credit, but the fact that the enemies and bosses are "things" that are specifically elements of the Paper Mario games people raged against is maybe really clever.

It would be like if in Metroid Prime 4, Samus had to battle an obnoxious monotone clone of herself who follows orders to a stupid degree.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Dezzy

So can someone explain what new info there is in this trailer, from the point of view of the past games.

i.e is it more like the good games in the series, or more like the bad ones?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Maaryotyme

I’ll be getting this day one.
Enjoyed ttyd
Enjoyed super paper mario.
Enjoyed colour splash.
I gave sticker star a chance.
Paper mario is a game you enjoy with a cuppa tea with the family

Maaryotyme

JaxonH

More new gameplay

@Dezzy
More like good games. It’s not a clone, that’s for sure, and still does some things the newer games did, but it’s the good stuff, not the stuff people hated. So at this point nothing people really hated has returned. And a lot of the stuff people loved from older games has returned, stuff people have been begging for, like partners, badges and the audience. Now it’s just a question of critiquing it on its own merits rather than how different it is from a 20-year-old game.

Copy paste from another post I made:

Weve seen partners return, even joining in battle sometimes, with tons of personality (TTYD callback). We've got the same items we could use in Thousand Year Door- POW blocks and the like (TTYD callback). We have permanent attacks (TTYD callback) with special, better attacks that arent one time use or permanent, badges return (TTYD callback) we've seen boss abilities gained after beating them, there's a unique boss that's not Bowser for the first time since the Wii (TTYD/SPM callback), with a varied lineup of non-traditional enemies such as Origami crabs, giant paper mache enemies, and even just the Origami Mario enemies which provide a nice change of pace (something we haven’t seen since TTYD/SPM), we've got the return of the TTYD audience (TTYD callback), special paper abilities standing on special areas (TTYD callback), a beautiful gorgeous sprawling world chock full of exploration and hidden Toads, mini games, etc, several unique characters (not all but more than I've seen in the last two games combined), a unique battle system that blends puzzle elements, they abolished the sticker/card based attacks everyone hated from the newer games (yes there are inventory based attacks in this game also but, in addition to your basic attacks, and even the inventory ones aren’t one time use- they just have weapon durability like Fire Emblem)... I mean, it may not be following a specific blueprint- it's definitely going in it's own direction, but a good one, with tons of callbacks and returning aspects from older games people loved, and some of the better aspects of the newer games, eliminating or tweaking the stuff people didn’t like.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

Screenshot compilation

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Anti-Matter

LOL
I saw Moltres / Phoenix as Boss Fight.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

Personally, I'm fine with Things as bosses. I'm probably one of the weirdos who wanted to see them return lol.

The trailer was certainly informative. It seems like the series's charm and funny writing are still there. However, I'm not entirely sold on the battle system yet.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

JaxonH

Things aren’t the only bosses either.

We’ve seen a huge turtle, a blazing fire bird and a giant squid sea monster. So there’s definitely a ton of variety.

BruceCM

I always wanted to fight a pack of colouring pencils .... Lols, it looks great!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic