Forums

Topic: NintendoLife Nintendo Switch Game of the Month - May 2017

Posts 1 to 6 of 6

ncfcrulz

PLEASE COMMENT WITH YOUR VOTE AND WHY SO THAT DISCUSSION CAN BE CREATED!

Nintendo Switch Game of the Month Poll – May 2017

Semi Final 1/4 - https://goo.gl/azOmC1
Semi Final 2/4 - https://goo.gl/wpCo92
Semi Final 3/4 - https://goo.gl/8sVUet
Semi Final 4/4 - https://goo.gl/aZ8TY2

Top 3 and Ties in each will progress to the Final for this month

April 2017 - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (42%)

Zelda won the April award for this vote. No real blockbusters have been released in May but have people gotten bored of Zelda for the longevity of MK8? Or can NBA, Street Fighters or one of the indies suprise the leaderboard. Next month may bring the first real contender in ARMS and will also see a severe decrease in the amount of games in the Polls as release date titles will be dropped unless meeting the criteria below (BOTW etc) Will probably be down to 3 Semi Finals next month and maybe even only 2!

When I ran this on PS3 back in 2007... Resistance Fall of Man took the title for the opening 5 months! Before Warhawk was able to finally topple it...

April 2007 - Resistance: Fall Of Man 44.74%
May 2007 - Resistance: Fall Of Man 40.85%
June 2007 - Resistance: Fall Of Man 39.02%
July 2007 - Resistance: Fall Of Man 30.83%
August 2007 - Resistance: Fall Of Man 33.83%
September 2007 - Warhawk 53.92%

Structure
This is how it works. The idea is to vote for the game you have played in the respective month and ENJOYED THE MOST. Games eligible for the months poll will have to meet one of the following criteria

[*]Released in that month (This forum covers EU and NA Releases which obviously differ. The releases will be taken from Metacritic
[*]Released in the previous month (To give games released late in the previous month a chance)
[*]Finished 1st-12th in last months poll
[*]Previously finished 1st in any poll for the previous 6 months
[*]Previously finished 1st-3rd in any poll for the previous 5 months
[*]Previously finished 1st-5th in any poll for the previous 4 months
[*]Previously finished 1st-8th in any poll for the past 3 months

This structure typically gives 20-30 games each month that a player can choose to vote for. These are then RANDOMLY split into 2 or 3 semi-final polls with the top 4 or 3 respectively going through to the final poll

Each poll lasts for 3 days with the semi-final poll being released on 1st of the month

The winning game of the final poll will become the Nintendo Life Forums Switch Game of the Month and qualify for the end of the year championships.

At the end of the year the top 10 scoring games across the year and any monthly winners will compete in a final poll for Game of the Year.

Admin
The only thing I ask is when you vote just put a comment in the thread to keep it alive and fresh!

REMEMBER: It is important to vote ONLY for the game that has given you the most enjoyment in the LAST MONTH. THIS IS USUALLY THE GAME YOU SPENT THE MOST TIME ON IN THE LAST MONTH (Use this as a tiebreaker if you enjoyed 2 games equally) If you did not play a game in any of the polls or all the games you played you disliked please abstain from voting

Edited on by ncfcrulz

ncfcrulz

JaxonH

I'm confused. You've got 4 polls and I have no idea what month any of them are.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

ncfcrulz

JaxonH wrote:

I'm confused. You've got 4 polls and I have no idea what month any of them are.

Its all from May. The top 3 from each go through to the final. You vote for the game in each poll you have most enjoyed playing in May. If you havent played any or enjoyed any in a poll then dont vote on that poll

ncfcrulz

ncfcrulz

Personally I went for Zelda and MK8 as they are only 2 I have really played this month!

ncfcrulz

Eel

You don't need to create a new thread every single month.

The shortened links also make you look suspicious.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ncfcrulz

To be honest. Its not getting the attention I had hoped for. People just arent interested... Which is fair enough!

I think a new thread each month would be appropriate however agree with the short links...

ncfcrulz

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.