Forums

Topic: Nintendo NX Arrives March 2017!

Posts 21 to 40 of 175

Vinny

This year will be 2015 Part II: The Software Drought Strikes Again for Nintendo.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Octane

VelvetElvis wrote:

This is so fascinating. Looking at their release schedule, Nintendo is just about shuttering its doors for an entire year to prep for the NX.

With amiibo Festival and Ultra Smash, you could argue that's what they've been doing since last year. I just hope it pays off...

Octane

shaneoh

Tsurii wrote:

shaneoh wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

This pretty much guarantees that Wii U will have new game reveals at E3.

While I probably wouldn't get it myself, there is certainly be room for a main Animal Crossing game on the Wii U.

Ugh...don't even think of starting that one again. I'd love to see it happen but it won't.
Nintendo just don't seem to care anymore at this point.

If they didn't care we wouldn't be seeing any games for the Wii U

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

DjLewe78

NX "Wont" be at E3 for the viewing public.
But somewhere in that huge building will be a door.....

1 up !

VelvetElvis

Octane wrote:

VelvetElvis wrote:

This is so fascinating. Looking at their release schedule, Nintendo is just about shuttering its doors for an entire year to prep for the NX.

With amiibo Festival and Ultra Smash, you could argue that's what they've been doing since last year. I just hope it pays off...

True, true. Apart from the reliable 3DS, they seem to be focusing on low-budget console and smartphone games to keep the company at the bare minimum of relevance. Seems like the NX could serve as a sort of reboot for Nintendo, in a lot of ways — I'm hoping for that payoff, too.

VelvetElvis

Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

Octane

Ehh.. Pikmin 4 this holiday for Wii U? Anyone? That game was practically done last year according to Miyamoto.

Octane

DjLewe78

The NX delay is surley for more games at launch, better marketing and maybe cheaper better chips!
Perhaps they had it ready and the reveal of a more powerful PS4 and XBOX made them renegotiate for a better deal on the same chips they use?

1 up !

Akane

2015 was the year of spin-off releases and announcements. Zelda: Tri Force Heroes, Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer and amiibo Party, Metroid Prime: Federation Force.

I hope they won't continue the trend this year at E3 but the news about NX and Zelda getting released in 2017 along with the FE and AC mobile games makes me believe they'll introduce us to Luigi's Mansion: Minigame Mania, F-Zero Management Simulator, and Kid Icarus Trading Card Game. Throw in a game that only uses amiibo, possibly a Splatoon amiibo Party and all expectations for Nintendo's future are low enough for me slip on them like on a banana peel.

Vendetta-Strada - A mafia game forum
Currently playing: Hyrule Warriors Legends, Pokémon Shuffle

Nintendo Network ID: NonEgo

Akane

VG247 has this interesting tidbit:

"The company said that it intends to enter the “smart device” business with its new games machine, as video games remain the core focus for the company’s profitability."

What. NX is a smart device now?

Source: http://www.vg247.com/2016/04/27/nintendo-nx-hardware-will-lau...

Edited on by Akane

skywake

@Nego:
I'm pretty sure that's a bad translation or a misunderstanding on their part.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

DjLewe78

A smart device capable of playing the new Zelda is what interests me!
What the hell are they hiding back there???

1 up !

Akane

@skywake: Most likely yeah since I haven't found other sources say it, and I don't think they would get Zelda run on it as well as on the Wii U.

I don't think it would necessarely be a bad move if they didn't make it just straight up a smart device but make it appeal more to gamers.

FragRed

@Nego: That depends on what you call a smart device and if you remember Sony trying that with the PlayStation mobile? That flopped big time. Gamers don't won't buy it and casuals have phones and tablets already.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

skywake

@FragRed:
Forget the "casuals", gamers have phones and tablets already. The idea of a Nintendo phone is an old one but it's not a particularly good one.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Vinny

The sales expectations for the Wii U this year are 800k units, the same as the GC in its last year (2006).

Edited on by Vinny

Akane

@FragRed: The thing about smart phones and tablets is that they expire quickly: they get easily broken and get replaced by newer models fast. Just take a look at Apple releasing a new iPhone and iPad model once or twice a year. So "casuals have phones and tablets alread" doesn't really mean that much. I do acknowledge though that people tend to go with the brands they already use which is especially true with Appleheads.

What I was talking about was a handheld / smart phone hybrid, essentially a handheld gaming device with added support for smart phone features like voice and video calls, texting and the likes. Since gaming-on-the-go has shifted its focus on smart devices, it would make more sense for Nintendo to create a smart device of their own instead of a new dedicated handheld device like the 3DS with limited network abilities. IT would still be primarely a gaming device of course.

Would it make the owners of Apple products abandon their beloved brand? Unlikely. But what it would do is provide for an alternative to those who enjoy gaming on devices especially built for gaming and don't want to carry too many devices with them wherever they go. I don't have a smart phone myself and I don't see any reason to get myself one (I do have a Windows tablet but I rarely use it) but if Nintendo did something like this, I would most likely let my current mobile phone retire.

Edited on by Akane

WebHead

Huh, March is interesting for sure. Then again PS2 for Japan and 3DS for NA and EU launched in March as well.

My guess: they tried for 2016 but the games simply weren't ready.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

DjLewe78

A Nintendo mobile is a BAD IDEA! Just the fact that word Nintendo is at the front of the word will scare off millions looking to but a serious smartphone. Fact.

Here's the definition of a smart device..

Category:Smart devices
A smart device is an electronic device, generally connected to other devices or networks via different protocols such as Bluetooth, NFC, WiFi, 3G, etc., that can operate to some extent interactively and autonomously.

So maybe the handheld will conect with your mobile while you play?

Edited on by DjLewe78

1 up !

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.