Forums

Topic: Nintendo loads up and prepares to dominate the video gaming industry with NX in 2017!

Posts 1 to 4 of 4

LetsGoRetro

"Retro, I literally can't even sleep because all I have been thinking about is how right you were about the NX being a home console and launching with Zelda. And, you were only off on the launch date by 3 MONTHS! How do you DO it?"

Whoa, calm down, @skywake and @octane. Let me explain!

I simply used common sense to figure out what makes business sense, and when they brought up certain topics based on the topics that were currently in discussion.

Octane- "Totally rad. Please continue..."
Skywake- "Yeah, for example, I NEED to know your opinion on how things are shaping up for the rest of 2016 to the NX launch that you were so right about before"
Octane- "Yeah, SO right."

Well, how I feel about all this, guys, is this: People are all over YouTube and are FURIOUS about there being nothing left in 2016 for Wii U besides Paper Mario. Me? Well, one more year doesn't matter to me, because I accepted years ago that this whole Wii U gen is one big wasted timesink, so what's one more year?

Do we really want them to try to pump out another 2d platformer to make sure there is one more game in 2016? Do we want 2 mediocre years for both 2016 and 2017 with a lame launch, or do we want to sacrifice 2016 to make sure Nintendo has enough ammo to come out guns blazing in 2017 and take over the industry again?

Mmmmm, I'm going with the latter...

Mark my words, Nintendo is BACK in 2017, baby. Expect to hear a lot of "I had given up on Nintendo, but wow did they win me back!"

A new 3d Zelda, a new 3d Mario, Pikmin 4, Luigi's Mansion 3, a beefed up Smash Bros, a new Retro IP, and God knows what else all probably within the launch window? This is looking freaking insane! You have to think Ninty's been working on getting 3rd parties back so let's add the typical 3rd party games into the mix, and let's guess all that work resulted in an exclusive title or 2 from lots of developers.

Well, Nintendo is ready to rule the world again. And I couldn't be happier. Closer your eyes, let 2016 fly by, and wake up to Nintendo being back with the incredible, deep and rich experiences they are known for!

LetsGoRetro

skywake

@LetsGoRetro
I think you will find that as soon as we got some actual information I changed my opinion to reflect said new information. I don't think you're some kind of nostradamus for just repeating what was the popular theory at the time. If I remember correctly your original theory was that Zelda U would skip the Wii U entirely and that the NX was launching in 2016. And by 2016 I think we all assumed we meant August-November 2016 so it's not really "3 months" before the actual launch.

From memory the two things I disagreed with you about was the timing and your confidence. I said that given the timeline it seemed unlikely that the NX could be a home console launching for November 2016. I thought they wouldn't skip a holiday launch. So in my mind a home console would have to launch in late 2017. So if all that was true I made the assumption that the NX was a portable because a portable could release with a far shorter period of development.

I'll also add that I have never really been negative about Nintendo's future. I never said that a new home console would spell doom. I just said that at the time, given the lack of information, a portable could have been on the cards. And I still think a portable is on the cards for 2017/18. The only thing that has changed is that it's now clear that the home console is coming first.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.