Forums

Topic: Nintendo labo kit 4: VR

Posts 141 to 154 of 154

gcunit

Just built my goggles this lunchtime. Fantastic. Had more fun in my first hour of LaboVR discovery than I did with PSVR. And the image quality really doesn't seem much different.

Tossing those toy animals about in Animals Galore was just the best 'simple fun' I can remember, I was laughing like a mentally deficient 9 year old.

Not sure when I'll get round to building the blaster, next week hopefully, but I absolutely love the potential I've just seen, and now desperately hoping Nintendo make some deeper, fleshed out games.

Breath of the Wild is just the icing on the cake. Though I think it pays to be familiar with the game beforehand otherwise you'll be running around not knowing what anything is until you're right on top of it due to the blurriness. I saw what I guessed was an unexplored campfire off in the distance. Surprised I'd missed it previously, but excited to find out what it was, I raced straight for it. When I got there... Tabantha Bridge Stable.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

HobbitGamer

@gcunit I can second that simple joy. I was playing the bird adventure the other evening, moving my body all over the place, flailing the wind pedal like crazy. just laughing and smiling the whole time, yet trying to concentrate as if i'm playing SMB.

Working on my headset this weekend since I dropped the truck at the shop.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

1UP_MARIO

I tried the Mario odyssey vr mini stages and I like it. Also has bonus videos.
Haven’t tried BOTW yet

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

RR529

Tried out Mario last night & had a good time. Just with the main LABO content the low resolution is very apparent compared to PSVR, but with that said the art style goes a long way to help it, and you can zoom in on Mario when he's further away to keep up some clarity.

I'm not expecting tons of support, but if they occasionally add support (even as small as the SMO stuff) to the odd release here and there, at $40 it would be a great entry point to budget VR.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

1UP_MARIO

Tried zelda for an hour. It’s actually really good. I did take off motion head tracking after 15 minutes but playing about with the settings I just use the right stick as normal camera movement.
All the reviews were really bad but it’s actually playable. It’s kind of like playing on the 3ds with 3d on everything pops out.
Was fun. Quite a nice bonus

onex

Yeah, I'm glad I didn't write it off entirely, seeing a lot of people saying to turn off motion aiming. Will give it another go later today.

onex

gcunit

@onex Yet, don't turn it off, just don't overuse it. Anyone trying to play the game using head tracking to rotate the camera instead of using the right thumbstick like you normally would is doing it wrong.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

1UP_MARIO

HobbitGamer

Yup, I did some Zelda at lunch and intend on playing a bit more before Live PD comes on.
It does remind me of OoT3D, only with the added benefit of not hurting my eyes 😂

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

1UP_MARIO

A good video to watch on your switch YouTube app through the vr goggles displaying how virtual boy games will look like and more

RR529

Played some BotW (for about 40 mins) and I must say I came away really impressed. Things are a bit blurry, but much better than I anticipated (I never had problems distinguishing things in my immediate vicinity, and even battled a silver bokoblin, one of those big muscular Yiga Clan guys, and a mini-guardian in a shrine). In addition to the combat scenarios I did a lot of gliding, visited a great fairy fountain, and warped to one of the Divine Beasts looking up at it, which was a really cool moment (I also put the camera low to the ground and just ran through the grass, which was awesome). I doubt I'll play through the game again like this (I rarely replay games as it is), but I'll definitely come back to fool around in it like this more than I will the LABO VR games proper.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

HobbitGamer

I saw in my US system newsfeed there’s already a downloadable VR Garage game available. Launch it from the article and it pulls the schematics in VR Garage, where you can name & save if for good.
It’s a whack-a-mole game with aliens as the moles. Sounds neat, and it’s free. Will try it out tomorrow since I’m grinding Hyrule Warriors now.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

HobbitGamer

FYI; Another VR Plaza minigame offering for free is in the Switch Newsfeed.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

CaPPa

I finally found a Blaster kit and got to play it over the weekend. It really is quite good for some pick up and play fun. I tried Mario Odyssey too but was so so on that.

When Labo first released the thought of a Labo Samus arm cannon seemed a cool idea. Now with Labo VR I'm imagining a full on Metroid Prime VR Labo game, with NGC/Wii level graphics, scan visor and the obligatory arm cannon. Well one can dream.

CaPPa

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic