Posts 121 to 140 of 146

zionich

I was also excited to check out some BoTW VR.... I am sad....its the 25th =*(

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

onex

I'm hoping it comes by 9 pm EST, or else no VR BotW for me tonight.

onex

HobbitGamer

Same here, otherwise I won’t pay attention to the time and won’t sleep.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Anti-Matter

TheDonutGamer wrote:

does anybody know when the botw and mario odyssey vr updates come out?

Bite some apples from Snow White, have a "Nice Dream" and when you wake up, the LABO VR update has been released. 🤣

Just kidding. 😅

Wait several hours until you can download the update.

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

@Anti-Matter or play 3DS till you fall asleep 😂

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Grumblevolcano

The updates are out now.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

onex

Yup, just downloaded. About to try this out!

onex

onex

Well, it works.. Haven't tried Mario yet (and probably won't get to for a few days), but BotW turned my stomach a bit. Lol
I'll give it another go tomorrow now that I have to charge the Switch, but man.. That first run caught me off guard with the camera movement.

onex

HobbitGamer

@onex How is it? I’ve got an empty office tomorrow and am very tempted 😂 (EDIT: I popped it in for a bit, got over the lurch quickly, and love it. Even fought a Hinox to see what that’s like. Had a “woah!” Moment when I used Revali’s Gale and then dropped bombs from above. Definitely playing this at lunch)

@Octoguy I’m loving the VR Garage! Still learning my way through because TONS of new nodes and logic were added, in addition to many assets.

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

onex

@AlohaPizzaJack Honestly, it's a bit awkward since you have to hold the goggles with one hand. You can either run or jump, but not both. So I sat in a chair with my head held back to keep goggles in place. 😅

I'm unsure if my head position had anything to do with the queasiness, but it's possible. I just played a few hours of Astro Bot earlier this week, as well as Wipeout VR last night with no issue, so who knows.

Edited on by onex

onex

HobbitGamer

@onex Ah, I added my experience right before you replied. Yeah, the controls took a hot minute to get into. Weird how just arm placement being different threw me off. My only gripe so far is that some HUD elements are difficult to view. But I play in Pro view now anyway, so I don’t really check my hearts often. I’ll definitely be looking to fashion a better head strap setup soon.

#MudStrongs

gcunit

Just built my goggles this lunchtime. Fantastic. Had more fun in my first hour of LaboVR discovery than I did with PSVR. And the image quality really doesn't seem much different.

Tossing those toy animals about in Animals Galore was just the best 'simple fun' I can remember, I was laughing like a mentally deficient 9 year old.

Not sure when I'll get round to building the blaster, next week hopefully, but I absolutely love the potential I've just seen, and now desperately hoping Nintendo make some deeper, fleshed out games.

Breath of the Wild is just the icing on the cake. Though I think it pays to be familiar with the game beforehand otherwise you'll be running around not knowing what anything is until you're right on top of it due to the blurriness. I saw what I guessed was an unexplored campfire off in the distance. Surprised I'd missed it previously, but excited to find out what it was, I raced straight for it. When I got there... Tabantha Bridge Stable.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

HobbitGamer

@gcunit I can second that simple joy. I was playing the bird adventure the other evening, moving my body all over the place, flailing the wind pedal like crazy. just laughing and smiling the whole time, yet trying to concentrate as if i'm playing SMB.

Working on my headset this weekend since I dropped the truck at the shop.

#MudStrongs

1UP_MARIO

I tried the Mario odyssey vr mini stages and I like it. Also has bonus videos.
Haven’t tried BOTW yet

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

RR529

Tried out Mario last night & had a good time. Just with the main LABO content the low resolution is very apparent compared to PSVR, but with that said the art style goes a long way to help it, and you can zoom in on Mario when he's further away to keep up some clarity.

I'm not expecting tons of support, but if they occasionally add support (even as small as the SMO stuff) to the odd release here and there, at $40 it would be a great entry point to budget VR.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

1UP_MARIO

Tried zelda for an hour. It’s actually really good. I did take off motion head tracking after 15 minutes but playing about with the settings I just use the right stick as normal camera movement.
All the reviews were really bad but it’s actually playable. It’s kind of like playing on the 3ds with 3d on everything pops out.
Was fun. Quite a nice bonus

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

onex

Yeah, I'm glad I didn't write it off entirely, seeing a lot of people saying to turn off motion aiming. Will give it another go later today.

onex

gcunit

@onex Yet, don't turn it off, just don't overuse it. Anyone trying to play the game using head tracking to rotate the camera instead of using the right thumbstick like you normally would is doing it wrong.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Sorry, this topic has been locked.