Forums

Topic: Nintendo Labo

Posts 181 to 200 of 398

toiletduck

@Tsurii don't make it sound like I wish them to integrate the cardboard into normal games... I'm totally with you!

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Randomlight

Just love reading all the froffing at the mouth over this, It's just so damned amusing. Ranting about paying for cardboard when they've probably spent more money on horse armour than the cost of the sets put together, now excuse me while I go finish my adult size gundam costume for April. And @JDORS if this idea is what you call phoning it in then you need to get on to nintendo asap as you must have some tripped out ideas that the world needs to play.

Randomlight

JDORS

@Anti-Matter - With all due respect, the purpose of first-party software is to sell the hardware. Therefore, it should be designed for all ages. Wii Sports is a perfect example of this. Labo is NOT going to sell the hardware. But Labo also sends the wrong message about the Switch. Remember that first Switch trailer showing all the young adults playing the console? The message was clear: This is not a kiddie console. But Labo says that the Switch is in fact a kiddie console. Are these Labo mini-games going to be awesome? I sincerely doubt it. I think Labo is a gimmick so Nintendo's developers can phone it in. We've seen this before.

JDORS

Grumblevolcano

@Tsurii Imagine if Labo was Retro's game

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JDORS

@Randomlight The software at first glance looks subpar. Since it's "for kids", Nintendo probably has reasoned that it doesn't need to be very good. A motorcycle racing game? There is already a wheel peripheral for the Joy-cons so why give us a cardboard one? And do I have better ideas? How about a great 2D Mario game? Now that's something that would sell gazillions AND sell the hardware, but Nintendo doesn't want to make it. If Nintendo is so intent on utilizing motion control, then how about a great miniature golf game which we never got with the Wii?

JDORS

Anti-Matter

@JDORS
Kiddie , Gimmick and so What ?!
I'm 33 years adult and i LOVE Kiddie stuffs.
It definetely sold for me !
Don't forget there are some customers like with Art & Craft ideas.
Maybe not sold for you, but sold for me.

Anti-Matter

Eel

All this talk about Yoshi being set in a cardboard world being a suspicious new thing and all I could think about is

Untitled

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Randomlight

@JDORS agree about the software if It's anything that breaks this it would be that, but all the hands on reports seem to be impessive but we do need to know more. A 2d mario is phoning it in though where's the inovation there.

Randomlight

Anti-Matter

Meowpheel wrote:

All this talk about Yoshi being set in a cardboard world being a suspicious new thing and all I could think about is

Untitled

Cute !

Anti-Matter

JDORS

@Randomlight - Nintendo doesn't need to necessarily "innovate" or be "different" it just needs to be better. And Labo isn't nearly as innovative as it may seem. There are STEM type toys such as robots that do the same things for far less cost (considering the Switch itself costs $300). Historically, Nintendo's "innovations" tend to be mere hardware gimmicks. Motion control was a true innovation. This is not. I'm just looking at this from a business perspective, and this is not something that is going to propel the Switch forward.

JDORS

JDORS

Classic Nintendo tried to be the best. Nintendo tried to make the BEST games. Today, it is like Nintendo has given up and says their games are ‘different’. Nintendo says, “The games are ‘different’ so they are the best,” when they should be saying, “the games are the best because they are ‘different'”. This isn’t Blue Ocean strategy. Hopefully, third parties can keep propelling the Switch forward. Labo will not.

JDORS

gcunit

@JDORS What does the Labo products topping the Amazon sales charts, and the jump in share price, tell your business mind?

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Eel

Aren't you a ray of sunshine.

Don't worry, we may one day see Nintendo stop pursuing weird new ideas and become EA. Should happen during the next 20 years, with some luck.

I mean, since they are making this, it definitely means they're not working on a new big mainstream "AAA" game. After all, these things work just like the character slots in Smash Bros.

Multi-million companies like Nintendo lack the resources to work on more than one thing at once.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Randomlight

@JDORS but the term phoning it in refers to a lack of inovation which this isn't (Nintendo turned an empty cardboard box into a piano that works), yes STEM toys exist but not exactly like this and think of it this way parent says no way I'm paying that for a new games console but now it could be be a games console with educational aspects so it may sell a few more units, and by using cardboard the cost effectiveness of this is phenomenal for very small outlay Nintendo could make big gains, the amount of teachers/gamers who are waxing lyrical about this on youtube show there could be a market.

Randomlight

Anti-Matter

@JDORS
BEST it doesn't mean have to follow 4K, VR, etc.
That Mindset should be FIXED.
Change the perception of "BEST" = must have to Beefy specs like Super PC.
No More Mindset like that.

Being DIFFERENT is Good.
You should ashamed for set your expectation for Nintendo too High.
They don't satisfy your Nonsense expectations.
They satisfy All people with OUT of the BOX ideas.
Wheter you like or not, they made their statement for being OPPOSITE of Sony & Microsoft.
When Sony & Microsoft do ZIG, Nintendo do ZAG. Zagalicious, dude !
Viva Nintendo !

Anti-Matter

gcunit

This JDORS account only registered today. 'Ignore' engaged.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Aozz101x

reggie said that labo was not intended to be for use of VR.
http://nintendoeverything.com/reggie-says-nintendo-labo-isnt-...

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Nicolai

Winklebottom wrote:

reggie said that labo was not intended to be for use of VR.
http://nintendoeverything.com/reggie-says-nintendo-labo-isnt-...

Makes perfect sense. I can't see the Switch being capable of quality VR.
And to be honest, swinging your console around with your head via a cardboard shell you build yourself is just asking for disaster.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Ryu_Niiyama

Considering how much time I've wasted fishing in zelda games, I want the variety kit just for the fishing mini game.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Sorry, this topic has been locked.