Forums

Topic: Nintendo Labo

Posts 121 to 140 of 398

Anti-Matter

Azooooz wrote:

Here's a press release of each Toy-con kit:

1- Variety Kit:
Toy-Con RC Car: Insert the Left and Right Joy-Con into your newly built RC Car and control its movement using touch screen controls on the Nintendo Switch console. The HD Rumble feature in the Joy-Con controllers will cause vibrations that move the car in the direction you choose. Materials to construct two RC Cars are included.

·Toy-Con Fishing Rod: Construct the Fishing Rod with an active, rotating reel that is attached by string to a cradle holding the Nintendo Switch console. Catch one of many exotic fish shown swimming on the Nintendo Switch screen by casting your Fishing Rod and unwinding the reel to lower the hook. Once you feel a vibration from the Joy-Con inserted in the reel, you must tug the Fishing Rod upward and crank the reel quickly to try and complete the catch!

·Toy-Con House: By inserting various assembled blocks into openings in the sides and bottom of the House, you can interact with, play games with and feed a cute creature on the front-facing Nintendo Switch screen. Each differently shaped block is detected by the IR Motion Camera on the Right Joy-Con inserted on top of the House.

·Toy-Con Motorbike: Insert each Joy-Con into an assembled set of handlebars to drive a motorbike on the Nintendo Switch screen. Pressing the ignition button starts the engine, while twisting the right handle activates the throttle. Leaning your body or turning the handlebars left and right controls the motorbike.

·Toy-Con Piano: After assembling a beautifully crafted 13-key piano and inserting the Nintendo Switch console and Joy-Con, you can experiment with your own musical creations by pressing different keys. You can even insert different assembled knobs to create new sound effects and tones!

2- Robot Kit:
Toy-Con Robot: Create a wearable Robot suit, and insert the Left and Right Joy-Con into the designated slots on the backpack and visor to assume control of the robot, which is shown on the TV when the Nintendo Switch console is docked. Enjoy a variety of fun game-play experiences, including Robot mode, in which you can destroy in-game buildings and UFOs.

I still curious about Piano.
Can we play LABO Without proper cardboxes ?
What if i replace the cardboxes with plastic version ?
What if i put the keys on Wrong position (Do on Re position) or Not putting all the keys ?
Wonder if IR Camera can recognize their positions , order and material chosen.

Anti-Matter

Octane

@Anti-Matter Provided the keys are the same shape, it doesn't matter where you put them. The IR camera only detects the reflective sticker. So if you only put one key in, you can only produce one tone.

If you replace the cardboard with plastic, I'm pretty sure it'll explode.

Octane

Ryu_Niiyama

I just want somebody to play the Peanuts theme song on the Labo piano...what, am I the only person that thought of Schroeder when looking at this?

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Anti-Matter

@Octane
Hooshaa... !
I believe my Right Joy Cons will not angry to me & explode if i replace the cardboxes with plastic.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Ryu_Niiyama
Ooh..
How about Revolutionary by Chopin or Mad Moon Sonata by Beethoven ?

Anti-Matter

RancidVomit86

Therad wrote:

Bunkerneath wrote:

First thing I thought....What a load of S***, wow a load of cardboard, well at least its bio-degradeable.

Where is Virtual Console?

Yeah how DARE they make stuff you are not interested in?

Dude you got to get off this childish reaction of getting bent out of shape because people have an opinion not in line with yours. It's a forum, giving opinions and discussing is literally what it's for.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

veeflames

@Ryu_Niiyama Haha, playing the Peanut's theme on that piano is EXACTLY what I want to do with it, so much so that I went ahead to watch a video about someone playing the theme on a piano. It's probably going to be a bit more difficult, seeing as the Labo piano only has 13 keys (and the piano in the video was a standard one), but I'm pretty sure it can be done.

I think I should also mention that I can't play the piano, but a guy can dream.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Ryu_Niiyama

@Vee_Flames Good reason to learn right? And games can lead to real instruments. If somebody told me I would actually end up playing taiko and performing on stage with a troupe after liking the Taiko no Tatsujin series I would have laughed. Yet I've been playing for 4 years. Do it...live out your Peanuts Theme dreams!

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Haywired

As long as Labo remains its own distinct thing and they don't start shoehorning it into regular Switch games, then I guess it's fine. The Switch has such a clean and elegant concept/message, I don't think it's wise to muddy it so soon with all this crude cardboard stuff. Hopefully it can act as a vessel to channel all their gimmickyness into and leave the core system/library relatively unscathed.

Haywired

StuTwo

This has the potential to be huge come Christmas. It’s a perfect present.

I think many of the naysayers honestly don’t realise just how big “making” is (or how expensive).

From a marketing perspective it’s a masterstroke from Nintendo. It positions Switch as a real family console - and one that’s genuinely “wholesome”. Plus it’s not outwardly childish either. It’s sedate and clever enough to appeal to a much older demographic.

It’s also strange enough to demand loads of attention from the mainstream media reaching places even the best video games can’t reach.

I’m predicting it now - Mario and Zelda Labo kits down the line. Just like the way that Lego make licensed sets.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

OfNullAndVoid

@Meowpheel But they could put a blueprint for a steering wheel online so you could make your own cardboard steering wheel for Mario Kart 8 (and maybe other racing games?). Other games could follow the same idea. In a way this could lead to people using their own creativeness to make cardboard peripherals for existing games, and then putting the blueprints online for others to enjoy.

Also, while Nintendo is using cardboard here, it doesn't exclude other materials. What if you have a 3D printer? Print your own peripherals! Or maybe you have some Legos lying around? Build a Lego peripheral!

While I'm personally only mildly interested in this, I definitely like the idea behind it, where parents can have fun with their kids making these peripherals, whether it is for the games included in Nintendo Labo, or potentially other games. It could also potentially be interesting for those in education, particularly in STEM classes.

Switch FC: SW-2457-0400-2143

MFD

@OfNullAndVoid "Your own peripherals" doesn't make Nintendo any money though

If anything this is a good reason for Nintendo to say "Get your kids their own Switch so they can get creative with this, while you buy yours"

Edited on by MFD

MFD

Grumblevolcano

@Octane Nintendo Labo Mario Kit, includes different Mario powerups which without the Labo kit you are small Mario for the entirety of the new 2D game, New Super Mario Bros. Switch: Dark Souls edition

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Eel

@OfNullAndVoid except this is not just a simple accessory for the controller. These are part of the game itself.

If you want to print or build a steering wheel, you can do that right now and use it with Mario kart without compatibility issues or needing permission from Nintendo.

Labo toys are be made out of cardboard, but that doesn't mean that everything made out of cardboard is suddenly now a Labo toy.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

OfNullAndVoid

@MFD I have a feeling that's exactly what Nintendo is hoping, and probably win some parents over to get a Switch for their kid.

@Grumblevolcano How about a Dark Souls: Labo (Torture) edition - And you thought this game was tough enough already

Switch FC: SW-2457-0400-2143

Octane

Yeah, the difference is that nobody is stopping you from making all kinds of cardboard crap to glue to your Joy-Con, but Labo doesn't work without the cardboard. You need the piano to play the music game. Unless you stick the reflective stickers on your fingers and you somehow manipulate the game using your hands...

Octane

-Green-

I love arts and crafts, and I enjoy doing silly things. I wouldn't mind messing around with this stuff in the future. A bit of child-like fun in my life every once in a while is good.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Sorry, this topic has been locked.