Forums

Topic: Nintendo Labo

Posts 101 to 120 of 398

Roamer

These are destined to be left damaged and/or unused after one session. I just don’t see people having the patience and I don’t see them working very well. At least they’re biodegradable.

Switch: Dragon Quest Builders 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Valkyria Chronicles, Shin Megami Tensei
PC: Farming Simulator 22

chardir

Meowpheel wrote:

Will the robot thingy even fit an adult, anyway?

The variety pack seems like the best option for the casual adult.

Judging from the images the shoulder straps are long and the arm and leg strings coil around the hand and foot pieces so they can be set to the correct length for anyone.

Friend Code: SW-1014-2011-3950 (Switch name: Dii)
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: LMR-JBK-RWG

MFD

I wonder how many Switches will kick the bucket when something goes wrong playing with these things. Probably not as much as the amount broken by Dark Souls rage though

Edited on by MFD

MFD

skywake

@MFD
Suvrival of the fittest. If your Switch survives Super Meat Boy, Labo and Donkey Kong TF it has earned the right to play Dark Souls.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

MFD

@skywake Only to then end it's existence on your knee afterwards

MFD

ieatdragonz

Man going around the internet makes me thrilled at the ideas popping up. Gamexplain had some nice ones, like a Wii Sports collection of equipment for a new Switch Sports, and for the next Mario party an actual board with build-able pieces. My favorite one by far though was the idea of Skyward Sword remake with the joycons actually being a sword and shield.

Knowing Nintendo (and its audience), people might start thinking of this as a shoehorned in idea for their actual properties. But if I was a kid and offered to play Zelda with a real sword and shield I would jump on board so fast.

I'm wondering what other ideas can be out there, I honestly am not creative enough to think of any. If you got an idea why not post it? Could be fun

People might think I'm childish for my picture, and I am.
Favorite games: Super Mario Odyssey, Super Metroid, Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redemption, and Sonic Generations
If you like Kirby, then you are a person I can trust.

Octane

@ieatdragonz But you can already make that yourself. You could even do so on the Wii if you wanted to, nothing is stopping you.

Octane

ieatdragonz

@Octane You know you're absolutely right, this is just an idea for the future. Skyward Sword remake seems inevitable considering its the only 3D Zelda not re-released yet (except BOTW of course). Even still imagining it on the Wii Mote and Nunchuk is kinda lame, with that dinky wire coming out of your master sword

People might think I'm childish for my picture, and I am.
Favorite games: Super Mario Odyssey, Super Metroid, Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redemption, and Sonic Generations
If you like Kirby, then you are a person I can trust.

tummers

ieatdragonz wrote:

Man going around the internet makes me thrilled at the ideas popping up. Gamexplain had some nice ones, like for the next Mario party an actual board with build-able pieces

this would be AWESOME!!! how cool would it be to have a build-able board game that directly interacts with the switch on a tv?? too cool

tummers

Azooooz

So, here's my opinion about Nintendo Labo:

Before the announcement, I said that maybe Nintendo is going to reveal a peripheral for the switch that is accessible to both adult and children. When I first saw the video, my reaction was like: "what the hell is that?". Then after seeing the video multiple times and at slow speed, I thought that this is great idea, not only for gamers, but for developers as well.

Let me explain why this is a good idea for developers especially 3rd parties. What we saw in the video are new possible ways to play Switch, and if this succeeds, 3rd party developers will make peripherals for their upcoming games based on Nintendo Labo. For example: there's a segment where you press the pedal and control with steering wheel, and developers could make a peripheral based on that, but of course but with sturdy materials.

The price is somewhat acceptable, though I may never buy it. The software itself may cost about $60, the cardboard from Nintendo is $10. If I was 15 years old, I would be ordering it by now, but given that I'm 26 years old, I don't think I'll find time to play this game, but who know, time will tell. I'm ashamed to see that some fans expected a huge game announcement when Nintendo clearly said that there will be a new way to play that's aimed for kids and kids at heart. Even if they are joking about "Where Smash Bros. and Animal Crossing?" this is starting to get old.

Anyway, great idea. I can see that 3rd party developers would take some ideas from this. Hope that they consider doing a price drop for software only.

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

ThatNyteDaez

Well it's aimed at kids so, I don't get how this can fail or not. If anything, this isn't being touted as the switches main selling point. Note how this has surfaced almost a year after the Switch was released. No, this is a fun little extra for the families with kids too young to care about games consoles but can get something fun out of being creative and learning how to put things together in new, fun ways.

Don't really get all the negativity around this. No one on this site is the primary target demographic - yet we're all acting like we are? Like... what?

I'll admit I have absolutely zero interest in this, but it's not all about me, so what do I care? The same should be true for all of us.

Edited on by ThatNyteDaez

Never take anything I say seriously. S'all you buddy. ;)
Mainly play on my Switch but I have 3DS, Wii U and PS4 as well.
Fave game series include: Pokemon, Smash Bros, Splatoon, Disgaea, Bayonetta, Dragons Dogma, Phantasy Star & Arena of Valor.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1089-6841-7799 | 3DS Friend Code: 5455-9887-9271 | My Nintendo: ThatNyteDaez | Nintendo Network ID: Rhydas | Twitter:

Randomname19

Rembember the videos of people accidentally breaking something with a wiimote or while using Kinect?Its going to happen again with the robot kit.

Edited on by Randomname19

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

Swordsman83

pass like messi...

Currently Owned Switch Games: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Octopath Traveller.

Randomname19

@Octane I tried playing Skyward Sword with a shield and sword peripherals and it was really bad.I had to remove them every time i needed to use all the other items.

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

Dogorilla

I'm really looking forward to Labo but I'm interested to see whether the games will include as much content as a typical Nintendo release, or whether they'll just feel like tech demos. Imagine if the robot one had a full-length campaign and an online multiplayer mode...

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

MFD

@ThatNyteDaez I can see people's arguments. This, after all, takes time and resources to produce. Does anything else, like a game, suffer to have this made? I can see how people think that, and if so, they'd get kinda miffed about it. That, and how it could push Nintendo back into the "We're all for the kids" category by doing this.

That price for a mini-game and cart-board boxes, eh, to each their own. Only my rabbit would love those in my apartment, and that's tearing them to shreds

Edited on by MFD

MFD

TuVictus

Even though I think it's pretty silly, the ingenuity in getting something like the piano to work as it does is pretty impressive.

Just keep this farrrrr away from any actual franchises and keep the Nintendo dev teams on actual games and I'll be happy. I wonder what developers they used for this.

TuVictus

toiletduck

I'm not their target audience for this, but I like the idea and creativity. As long as:
1) This won't take up to much development capacity away from other games/projects (not only at Nintendo but also 3rd party)
2) I'm not forced into using stuff like this to enjoy future games to the fullest (e.g. need a cartboard peripheral to be able to controll Link optimally in a new Zelda game)

I don't expect any serious problems with either one of these concerns, so let's see where this might lead. I'd buy this day 1 if I would have kids in the proper age range.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Azooooz

Here's a press release of each Toy-con kit:

1- Variety Kit:
Toy-Con RC Car: Insert the Left and Right Joy-Con into your newly built RC Car and control its movement using touch screen controls on the Nintendo Switch console. The HD Rumble feature in the Joy-Con controllers will cause vibrations that move the car in the direction you choose. Materials to construct two RC Cars are included.

·Toy-Con Fishing Rod: Construct the Fishing Rod with an active, rotating reel that is attached by string to a cradle holding the Nintendo Switch console. Catch one of many exotic fish shown swimming on the Nintendo Switch screen by casting your Fishing Rod and unwinding the reel to lower the hook. Once you feel a vibration from the Joy-Con inserted in the reel, you must tug the Fishing Rod upward and crank the reel quickly to try and complete the catch!

·Toy-Con House: By inserting various assembled blocks into openings in the sides and bottom of the House, you can interact with, play games with and feed a cute creature on the front-facing Nintendo Switch screen. Each differently shaped block is detected by the IR Motion Camera on the Right Joy-Con inserted on top of the House.

·Toy-Con Motorbike: Insert each Joy-Con into an assembled set of handlebars to drive a motorbike on the Nintendo Switch screen. Pressing the ignition button starts the engine, while twisting the right handle activates the throttle. Leaning your body or turning the handlebars left and right controls the motorbike.

·Toy-Con Piano: After assembling a beautifully crafted 13-key piano and inserting the Nintendo Switch console and Joy-Con, you can experiment with your own musical creations by pressing different keys. You can even insert different assembled knobs to create new sound effects and tones!

2- Robot Kit:
Toy-Con Robot: Create a wearable Robot suit, and insert the Left and Right Joy-Con into the designated slots on the backpack and visor to assume control of the robot, which is shown on the TV when the Nintendo Switch console is docked. Enjoy a variety of fun game-play experiences, including Robot mode, in which you can destroy in-game buildings and UFOs.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Sorry, this topic has been locked.