Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 961 to 980 of 15,799

TuVictus

Spanjard wrote:

4 seconds: Pikmin 4 logo

"we have restarted development from scratch so that pikmin 4 can satisfy all our fans' needs. We are happy to now introduce it as Hey! Pikmin 2, for the Nintendo 3DS"

TuVictus

Dezzy

I'm guessing we'll see some footage of either Animal Crossing or Pokemon, whichever is the Fall release.

In terms of hopes, given that I don't expect anything from any of my favourite Nintendo series (3D Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Xenoblade, and Fire Emblem is already covered), I'll hope for something a bit more realistic:
I hope they announce a new 2D Mario game. A new platformer but they've abandoned that over-used art style and gone for something completely new. Maybe cool 2D art like Rayman Legends style.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

gcunit

This is how the Direct will open:

White screen. Fade in Shinya Takahashi, giving his Metroid Prime 4 reboot message from the other week.

Very slowly... the camera zooms out...

We see the Shinya Takahashi message is being displayed on a screen.

Camera continues to slowly zoom out...

We see the screen is inside a darkened room, some sort of game development studio or similar...

As Shinya Takahashi delivers the line "We must let you know that development progress has not reached the standards we seek in a sequel to the Metroid Prime series..." the screen explodes!

The camera jumps back to reveal Samus Aran, her arm cannon smouldering.

Alarms start sounding. Samus turns to a nearby computer, a progress bar nearing 100%. We can hear raised voices and running footsteps in the background, getting closer. The progress bar hits 100% and Samus rips a memory stick from the computer, transforms into morph ball mode, and spider balls up the wall and into a ventilation duct just as doors burst open.

Samus races through the ventilation system, gunfire pelleting the duct all around her. Suddenly an explosion rips open the duct and Samus falls to the floor below. She jumps to her feet, face to face with Reggie, with a metroid on his head. Momentarily Samus tilts her head, pitying Reggie's plight, before she turns and runs. Reggie yells "Nooo! It's too late!" but Samus doesn't stop, sprinting through corridors, picking off enemies. She bursts through some double doors, into a tubular corridor, full of armed guards. She morph balls and spirals around the tube, evading the tumultous fire of bullets and lasers. With no apparent way out she speeds towards a frosted glass window at the end of the corridor... is that 'Retro Studios' emblazoned on the outside of the window?

Camera cuts to an external shot of Retro Studios offices. The window smashes as Samus's morph ball flies out. Transforming in mid air she lands on her waiting gunship, before jetting off into the sky. The camera pauses on the smashed window... Reggie stumbles into view inside. Falling to his hands and knees in anguish (metroid still implanted on his head), he looks up at Samus' disappearing gunship, and in one final effort shouts "Please understand!"

Cut to black screen and the title 'Metroid Prime 4' slams into view, followed by a caption below in retro computer text "... available after this Direct".

There follows 33 minutes of non-stop action sequences and intrigue, explosions and laser fire, music and effects, awesome co-op and online multiplayer etc.

That's my prediction.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Octane

@Dezzy I think Pokemon will do its own thing when the time is right. Could be any time from now until May. That's how it usually goes anyway.

Octane

Anti-Matter

OMG...
Several hours to go for Direct.
If i hear and recognize the sounds of Simlish language from the direct.....

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

@Octane

Are Pokemon games not usually announced in official Nintendo events? If so, I hadn't noticed that at all.
I'm not a massive Pokemon fan though. I like it just enough to be interested to see what they're doing.

Octane

Dear Nintendo fans,

We can confirm that The Sims 4 will never make its way on to the Switch, we cancelled every Sims project, and paid off every developer in order to prevent it from ever happening.

Yours sincerely,

EA

PS. buy anthem plz

Octane

HobbitGamer

@gcunit This is my favorite prediction 😂
“Please understaaaaaand!” 🤮

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Octane

@Dezzy X&Y and Sun & Moon were both announced in a special Pokemon Direct in January 2013 and February 2016 respectively. First reveals of Pokemon games aren't anything special usually. You're lucky if you get the names of the games and the silhouettes of the Pokemon on the box. From there on, it's a slow drip feed of new Pokemon reveals every month until the release in November. Maybe this one will be different, but I don't expect much from the first look at the games. There are rumours floating about that a special Pokemon Direct will happen next week or two week from now, but I'm not sure if they have any credibility; I haven't looked into them TBH.

Octane

Anti-Matter

Octane wrote:

Dear Nintendo fans,

We can confirm that The Sims 4 will never make its way on to the Switch, we cancelled every Sims project, and paid off every developer in order to prevent it from ever happening.

Yours sincerely,

EA

PS. buy anthem plz

Who said like that ??
Is EA really try to force peoples buy Anthem or else ??

Anti-Matter

gcunit

@Anti-Matter I think you can file that one in the 'Jokes' folder.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Dezzy

gcunit wrote:

@Anti-Matter I think you can file that one in the 'Jokes' folder.

Ironically the same folder I keep serious EA stuff in.

Magician

@Octane

Daemon X Machina 4 minutes
Luigi's Mansion 4 minutes
Third party sizzle reel 4 minutes
Indie sizzle reel 3 minutes
Fire Emblem 8 minutes
eShop-only games 3 minutes
Animal Crossing 4 minutes
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 4 minutes
"Surprise" Direct closer, Metroid Prime Trilogy

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Buizel

@Dezzy I can almost guarantee there will be no Pokemon. As @Octane mentioned, XY and Sumo both got their own directs, and I believe LGPE did as well.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Dezzy

Hang on, was the 2D Zelda and Mario Maker 2 predictions from the same person who correctly guessed the date?

HobbitGamer

@Dezzy Yeah, I think so. Though they also 'predicted' Mario Maker 2 last year, then said they were just guessing after it didn't occur. (Zell does not have a 100% track record, more like 70%)

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

TuVictus

Of all the things rumored that I hope come true, a new 2D Zelda and Metroid Prime Trilogy HD on switch are among my top wishes. I won't even mind if they put the Zelda on 3DS, I'll never get tired of two screen gaming, especially for games like Zelda where it's super useful

TuVictus

Dezzy

If they do Metroid Prime Trilogy, it damn well better have traditional controls.
Hated the motion controls in those games.

TuVictus

I couldn't care less for traditional controls, but if that's the only option, I won't complain. I prefer the motion controls 100%

TuVictus

Dezzy

Ideally it would have both options.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic