Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 381 to 400 of 1,308

bluemage1989

@nintendobynature i am always looking for something for Switch. I bought Star Link and Wolfenstein so that should arrive in a while and theres a few more Switch games i have liked the look of that ill no doubt pick up but even i run out i have plenty of retro stuff i have not played or at least played in years so i can be patient when i have to be.

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Switch: Super Smash Bros: Ultimate, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, Arms and Mario Odyssey.

N64: Top Gear Rally.

Mega Drive: Streets of Rage 1, 2 and 3.

SNES: F Zero and Donkey Kong Country.

Grumblevolcano

Looking back at the reveal times of the Nindies presentations, if there was one this week it would've been announced already. Nintendo gives 5 days notice for those.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

fortius54

I have to say I’m a little frustrated with Nintendo. They seem to be coasting, right now. They’ve stopped updating online with the upcoming games, My Nintendo Rewars sucks, and the lack of Nintendo Directs considering what they’ve said to expect this year is troubling.

I would have expected a Direct by now to give us some indication of what we will be sure to see befor E3. I’m a Nintendo apologist to a fault, but my patience is running thin.

fortius54

Nintendo Network ID: mitchell_rsvl

troy258

I have the feeling that Nintendo only wants to release yoshi, Daemon x machina, Fire emblem and animal crossing before q3. We are not getting a new game in february, Yoshi releases in March, April is a third party month (Final fantasy, Dragon's dogma) May is probably fire emblem, June could Be deamon x machina and July could be Animal crossing. Hopefully they have a few other third party games or a WII U Port to announce as a Suprise. Town, Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3 and SMT V probably won't release in 2019 because they already have Pokemon, Luigi's mansion and Marvel ultimate alliance 3.

Edited on by troy258

troy258

troy258

I think we will be getting a Nindie's direct this week: https://twitter.com/thepeekybird
(He got other things right , he teased marvel ultimate alliance 3 reveal during the game awards)

Edited on by troy258

troy258

FragRed

It's pretty obvious what's happening. Nintendo has cancelled all Directs going forward and Yoshi's Crafted World will be the last console game they release due to rumours being true that Apple are indeed buying Nintendo and all future projects will be iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Apple TV exclusive

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

DannyBoi

@troy258 I sincerely doubt they will have a nindies as the first direct of the year. Also, clicked on the link and it says the page doesn't exsist. Presume the comment was deleted.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

troy258

@dannyBoi link doesn't work it's just a Gif of nintendo+indies. And it indeed would be weird to have an indies presentation but i would not be suprised if it happens at this point. @Whitewatermoose also suspects this. But we will just wait and see, I thought it was worth mentioning.

Edit: fixed the link: https://twitter.com/thepeekybird

Edited on by troy258

troy258

chardir

I wonder if Labo 4 was scheduled as February's release.

Friend Code: SW-1014-2011-3950 (Switch name: Dii)
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: LMR-JBK-RWG

DannyBoi

I personally think there are too many indies being announced for the Switch.

gcunit

DannyBoi wrote:

I personally think there are too many indies being announced for the Switch.

You're right. The last thing we want right now is choice. It's just getting out of hand. Give me one game and then just shut down the eshop please. Enough is enough.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

troy258

We need choice but we need a little bit more quality control on the e-shop.

troy258

DannyBoi

You can tell there are way too many indies because my Switch news feed is always announcing new indie games, there are always announcements for Indie games on Nintendo Life. Plus Nintendosaid that they want 30-40 indie games on Switch a week. It seems every new game announcement is for an indie game. Case in point, new game announced this week, Among the sleep coming soon. Another indie.

troy258

My exotic farm 2018 (released in 2019...), Dying reborn, Fight of gods, Bubble shooter DX, vacine, Vroom in the night sky, My little riding Champion and Unicornicopia should not be on switch. And I get that it's difficult to decide which games are allowed and which are not but I don't think a single soul has enjoyed any of the games i mentioned. So indies can stay, but try to filter out the shovelware.

Edit: My exotic farm is a reskin of My farm 2018 and they have an upcoming game called my Arctic Farm 2018. (it's 2019...)

Edited on by troy258

troy258

DannyBoi

The Kind of indie games that we need on Switch are games like: Firewatch,Lone Survivor, Stardew Valley. Quality Indie games. Not indie games scroggles the dog farts out for a quick buck.

troy258

@dannyboi totaly agree, I also don't have any problem with games that aren't great, good or bad. We just need to get rid of the bad stuff.

troy258

chardir

troy258 wrote:

My exotic farm 2018 (released in 2019...), Dying reborn, Fight of gods, Bubble shooter DX, vacine, Vroom in the night sky, My little riding Champion and Unicornicopia should not be on switch.

The only one of those I've even heard of is Vroom, so I don't see how these games existing is doing anyone any harm. Generally Nintendo has to decide in advance of the finished game what is going to be released. They don't necessarily know what will end up as a bad game. If they had a higher quality bar then you can be sure some games you do want would be blocked. And then other devs would be put off developing for Switch if there was too much risk of their game being blocked from release.

Friend Code: SW-1014-2011-3950 (Switch name: Dii)
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: LMR-JBK-RWG

troy258

@chardir they shouldn't exist that's the point, and they are doing people harm, if someone buy's it you can't refund it. I'm all for indies but these are barely games. You can't reskin the same game three times and call it a different game. Indies are coming to switch because they were barely visible on steam, because of all the shovelware. And what's going to happen if they aren't visible on switch anymore, because of all the shovelware? They are going to go to a different place, and then we will be left with shovelware and no good indie games.

Edit: If nintendo doesn't want to do quality control, let us, the gamers give ratings.

Edited on by troy258

troy258

DannyBoi

At this point the Eshop(Switch) is becoming like the Google Play Store.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic