Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 361 to 380 of 15,874

GeoChrome

DannyBoi wrote:

I'm going to be DIRECT with you guys. I think nintendo need to SWITCH into announcement mode as right now they are DOCKED in no announcement mode.

This is the worst set of puns I’ve ever seen, it’s Adam Sandler quality .

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

NintendoByNature

@DannyBoi I just went back and checked the past two years. Regular directs, minis, and nindies, excluding e3 or directs focused on 1 game and I saw quite a few that were on Wednesdays( at least in North America). It was about the same for Wednesdays as it was for Thursday's. I think we can get a direct on any day really. I even saw some on a Tuesday

NintendoByNature

Switch_Man

I can't see there being one, unless it's for a specific game. Nintendo pretty much showed off all the games that are coming this year by way of the September Direct. I mean there's NSMBUD, Yoshi's Crafted World, Daemon X Machina, Fire Emblem 3 Houses, Town, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion 3, Next Gen Pokémon, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Bayonetta 3 (hopefully), Metroid Prime 4 (doubtful). I mean sure there's room for some games, lest they're ports of Wii U games, which I don't mind. But I wouldn't expect one this month focused on really new games. Maybe for release dates though....

Switch_Man

Dezzy

skywake wrote:

Don't read too much into install bases, the attach rate on the 3DS wasn't particularly high and the Switch is doing very well on that metric. Consider this, the Switch has ~40% of the install base of the 3DS but Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has sold ~70% as many copies as Mario Kart 7.

Yeah that's true actually. Install base has very little correlation with the sales on an individual game. A good example to prove this point is the 3D Mario games. Mario 64, Mario Galaxy, Mario 3D Land, Mario Odyssey all sold around 10 million despite being on consoles with hugely different install bases.

It obviously means there's a particular 10 million people who like those games and that once they've all bought your console, additional console sales are meaningless with respect to 3D Mario.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

IceClimbers

I think we'll get a Direct on Valentine's Day and Piranha Plant will launch that same day. I'm guessing the plan was always to have a February Direct to line up with Piranha Plant's release.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Ralizah

@Switch_Man I guarantee you there will be at least one or two big releases revealed for 2019 over the course of the year. We never know every notable release that's coming at the start of the year.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Switch_Man

@Ralizah I agree, it's just that probably won't happen until E3 though.

Switch_Man

Ralizah

@Switch_Man I don't know. This is the company that barely revealed anything at E3, only to announce major games like Luigi's Mansion 3 and Animal Crossing in some random Direct a few months later. You never know what Nintendo is going to do.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

bluemage1989

@nintendobynature i am always looking for something for Switch. I bought Star Link and Wolfenstein so that should arrive in a while and theres a few more Switch games i have liked the look of that ill no doubt pick up but even i run out i have plenty of retro stuff i have not played or at least played in years so i can be patient when i have to be.

bluemage1989

Grumblevolcano

Looking back at the reveal times of the Nindies presentations, if there was one this week it would've been announced already. Nintendo gives 5 days notice for those.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

fortius54

I have to say I’m a little frustrated with Nintendo. They seem to be coasting, right now. They’ve stopped updating online with the upcoming games, My Nintendo Rewars sucks, and the lack of Nintendo Directs considering what they’ve said to expect this year is troubling.

I would have expected a Direct by now to give us some indication of what we will be sure to see befor E3. I’m a Nintendo apologist to a fault, but my patience is running thin.

fortius54

Nintendo Network ID: mitchell_rsvl

troy258

I have the feeling that Nintendo only wants to release yoshi, Daemon x machina, Fire emblem and animal crossing before q3. We are not getting a new game in february, Yoshi releases in March, April is a third party month (Final fantasy, Dragon's dogma) May is probably fire emblem, June could Be deamon x machina and July could be Animal crossing. Hopefully they have a few other third party games or a WII U Port to announce as a Suprise. Town, Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3 and SMT V probably won't release in 2019 because they already have Pokemon, Luigi's mansion and Marvel ultimate alliance 3.

Edited on by troy258

troy258

TheAwesomeBowser

@Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Looking back at the reveal times of the Nindies presentations, if there was one this week it would've been announced already. Nintendo gives 5 days notice for those.

The last regular Direct was one day's notice.

Own up to Joy-Con Drift, Nintendo. We all know it's your fault

troy258

I think we will be getting a Nindie's direct this week: https://twitter.com/thepeekybird
(He got other things right , he teased marvel ultimate alliance 3 reveal during the game awards)

Edited on by troy258

troy258

FragRed

It's pretty obvious what's happening. Nintendo has cancelled all Directs going forward and Yoshi's Crafted World will be the last console game they release due to rumours being true that Apple are indeed buying Nintendo and all future projects will be iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Apple TV exclusive

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

DannyBoi

@troy258 I sincerely doubt they will have a nindies as the first direct of the year. Also, clicked on the link and it says the page doesn't exsist. Presume the comment was deleted.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

troy258

@dannyBoi link doesn't work it's just a Gif of nintendo+indies. And it indeed would be weird to have an indies presentation but i would not be suprised if it happens at this point. @Whitewatermoose also suspects this. But we will just wait and see, I thought it was worth mentioning.

Edit: fixed the link: https://twitter.com/thepeekybird

Edited on by troy258

troy258

chardir

I wonder if Labo 4 was scheduled as February's release.

Friend Code: SW-1014-2011-3950 (Switch name: Dii)
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: LMR-JBK-RWG

DannyBoi

I personally think there are too many indies being announced for the Switch.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic