Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 341 to 360 of 15,801

redd214

@ilikeike been saying this same thing for a while. Just give me a 2d or 3d remake of LTTP in BOTW engine and I will preorder instantly!

redd214

Grumblevolcano

A few days ago, there was a GoNintendo article about Wargroove releasing very soon on Switch so I could see @Whitewatermoose's theory of next week being Nindies focused maybe coming true.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

1UP_MARIO

Just want a 64 sunshine galaxy compilation like all stars but will never happen but I can keeping hoping

Something we been begging for since the Wii u

Untitled

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

FragRed

@Whitewatermoose I’m pretty sure there’s still indie games announced during 2017 that have yet to release, so I wouldn’t be at all surprised if there were games from last year not yet released.

I’m not too worried about indie games getting delayed etc as they’re small teams, sometimes just one or two people. So if they need to go silent until nearer completion then so be it.

It’s the bigger games getting delayed that can worry me.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

NintendoByNature

I'm actually fine with a nindies presentation next so long as we get a full blown direct early February. I love spending $15-20 on indie games to tide me over until the big releases as long they're quality titles like messenger, shovel knight and hyper light drifter(even hollow knight even though it bothers me to no end sometimes). But when those gems aren't releasing , I need some 1st party titles coming. Ports or new games. All are welcome

NintendoByNature

bluemage1989

@nintendobynature there will be those who love indie games and thats cool but for me they are generally just something to play between big Nintendo or third party releases. I dont deny there quality but i also get excited for very very few of them.

bluemage1989

NintendoByNature

@bluemage1989 I think were in the same mind set. Some thing to play but would rather have big titles. The indies hold me over in the meantime and it's nice they're usually at a budget price. Very few indies wow me like messenger shovel knight and hyper light drifter did. The others are nice little time fillers that keep me busy. But having bought my Wii u recently as you know, I'm probabaly taking a back seat to indies until i play some of the bigger titles and VC games on Wii u. Which I'm happier about actually. At least ill know most games will be high quality as the Wii u's library is well established by now and theres more than enough info and reviews on them to develop a good decision as to whether I should make a purchase or not.

NintendoByNature

GeoChrome

Whitewatermoose wrote:

Some indie skateboarding game that has a lot of people excited, is that coming to Switch as well?

If you mean Skater XL, it hasn’t been announced for any console and it’s still in Steam Early Access.

Whitewatermoose wrote:

I think 3rd party mobile ports similar to these below are likely. Which is why I said keep expectations in check:
iOS:
Ace Attorney trilogy, Monster Hunter Stories, NBA Jam, Pac-man CE DX, Modern Combat, Shadowgun Legends, Hearthstone, Puzzles and Dragons, GTA Vice City, Dungeon Hunter, Roblox, Total War, Dragon Quest compilation, Alien Isolation Blackout, Elder Scrolls Blades

The bolded games are confirmed to be on or coming to current Nintendo consoles. All of the others barely have a chance, and that’s a good thing. The only plausible games to come to Switch are P+D, GTA, DQ, and Hearthstone. Most of the others weee made for mobile in mind, except for Roblox. Roblox is kind of a tricky thing, since it’s only on PC, XO, and Oculus. Because it’s not on PS4, I doubt they would release it on Switch because it seems they don’t really want to be on consoles. Also, if it did come, Roblox would still be F2P, that’s how it has always been and always will be.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

DannyBoi

There has been notbing on Shadow Gun Legends. Could have been cancelled.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

bluemage1989

@nintendobynature yeah i think were definitely in the same mind set. I have been amazed by a few titles like Night in the Woods, Shantae, Hollow Knight and there are others that i could certainly say i have enjoyed but outside of those few i have named there isnt anything much that would get me really excited. Dont get me wrong i can look at a lot of the library and say yeah there are a lot of good games there just not the kind of games i want to play personally. I much prefer Nintendos own releases and the third party titles and if i run out of titles on Switch to play a lot of time i will play something from my WiiU/retro collection. I wouldnt want to sound like im hating on indie developers because they do a good job on a much smaller budget its only that what they make doesnt really appeal to me all that much outside of a few select titles a year.

bluemage1989

Venus_Adept

Stop seeking in the internet for some direct 2019 news or leaks is more difficult than quit the cigar

Venus_Adept

NintendoByNature

@bluemage1989 I pick up what you're putting down 😉 for real though the only two games in my indie horizon are shovel knight king of cards dlc and bloodstaind RoTN.. there may be one or two out there I forgot about but those are definitely on my radar. With that said I'll just continue to play some Wii u and whatever keeps dropping on switch. I have so much to play at the moment but for some reason I'm still clamouring for new switch content. Mainly because I want new zelda on switch. Oor even ports of Zelda games would make me happy. That's why I'm so hung up on a direct so i can plan out my next couple month's of games either on Wii u or switch

NintendoByNature

rallydefault

@GyroZeppeli
I am the source.

Seriously, though, uh... I thought I remembered seeing articles about Nintendo REALLY wanting to make Zelda more than an every 4-6 year thing (money's nice, yea?) as well as articles with insiders professing a new 2D Zelda is well along in development. So I'm just kind of putting 2 and 2 together.

In all honesty, though, I think 2019 is going to be the year of Metroid and Fire Emblem.

rallydefault

FragRed

@nintendobynature You won't likely hear any announcements this early in the week. It will either be tomorrow or most likely, Wednesday if they do bother to announce anything.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

DannyBoi

I'm going to be DIRECT with you guys. I think nintendo need to SWITCH into announcement mode as right now they are DOCKED in no announcement mode.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Grumblevolcano

Yeah, Direct announcements happen on Tuesday/Wednesday except in very rare cases like when the August Smash Direct was announced on a Sunday.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoByNature

@FragRed I think they've announced directs on a Monday for a Wednesday direct before but i could be wrong. The anticipation is driving me insane!

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic