Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 3,241 to 3,260 of 15,822

LzWinky

It's also a big anniversary, so likely

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Kaile

Mario compilation sounds great. Switch is my third nintendo console after ds and gameboy so all those wii/wii u games would be new to me.

Kaile

Adnanilyas21

Would have preferred some Metroid love for once. Mario is pretty cool too

Adnanilyas21

nitrolink

I didn't realize this until yesterday: apparently Yoshio Sakamoto, the main producer of 2D Metroid, is currently working on those Japan-exclusive NES visual novel remakes (Famicom Tantei Club 1+2). This makes me question if a new 2D Metroid is happening anytime soon.

Edited on by nitrolink

nitrolink

link3710

@nitrolink If you take a look at his history and consider development times, it looks like he's always on 2-3 games at any given time. Depending on how the remakes are being handled (I assume a single team is doing both), he's most likely on at least one other project.

link3710

DannyBoi

The size of the download for the physical versions of Borderlands the legendary collection and Xcom 2 is ridicolous.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

BongoBongo123

I just hope Nintendo don't charge full price for hd remakes of Mario 64 and Sunshine. They could bundle 64 and Sunshine, and then bundle Galaxy and 3D World.

BongoBongo123

BongoBongo123

What I'd really love is a hd zelda collection. I would pay full price for a hd Ocarina of Time.

BongoBongo123

Dezzy

@BongoBongo123

I guarantee if they bundle anything, it'll be 64+Sunshine+Galaxy1&2.
Then Mario 3D World by itself. It's one of the best looking games on the Wii U so can pass as a brand new game to all of the people who didn't have a Wii U.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

JoeDiddley

For me a remaster like Mario or Zelda makes sense this year as it’s more likely new games will be delayed.

But its Nintendo so you never can second guess them, which is half the fun!

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

Don

I wonder if there’s any chance of a full regular Direct this month (Impatiently waiting for confirmation of the Super Mario HD collection rumor) and also when we will get more NES and Super NES games for the NSO.

Don

Grumblevolcano

@Don I think because of the Direct Mini, we won't see another Direct until at least June. As for NSO, timing has been random since the addition of SNES games:

• Batch 1 - September 5th 2019 (20 SNES)
  • Batch 2 - December 12th 2019 (2 NES + 4 SNES)
  • Batch 3 - February 19th 2020 (2 NES + 2 SNES)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Don

@Grumblevolcano

June seems pretty far away. Hope the Direct will be worth waiting for. Based on the release frequencies for NSO retro games I guess we might get an update either later this month or next month. I hope we get at least either Super Mario RPG or Earthbound in the next update.

Don

Grumblevolcano

@Don It'll be interesting to see if Nintendo reveals the date of the next general Direct after the investor meeting like they did in the case of E3 Directs or stay silent until 1-2 days before like non-E3 general Directs.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Anti-Matter

I think i will buy less than 5 Switch games on this year 2020 due to my priority right now to build more Sony games or other Nintendo games that i haven't have yet.

Anti-Matter

kkslider5552000

dionysos283 wrote:

So do you guys think we'll mostly get remakes / remasters this year?

...it depends on if that rumor on tons of 3D Mario remasters is true. If yes, probably. If no, no. But I don't think its gonna be like 2018 unless all the new games are delayed.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Noble_Haltmann

It's hard to say. The first half of 2020 has had nothing but remasters/ports in terms of first party games except for New Horizons (Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Xenoblade, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon) so I feel like they have big plans for the second half (probably especially holiday at this time) for both old and new games. It's been leaked that there 2 more Wii u ports are coming this year, as well as allegedly ports or remasters of the previous 3d Mario games and a new Paper Mario.

If I had to guess, I'd say no to Prime Trilogy coming this year even though I 100% believe that it is coming and even that it's been completely done for years and Nintendo's just been sitting on it. I think they're gonna wait until closer to the release of Prime 4, which based on the timing of job listings for it is still pretty far off. I want it sooner rather than later though. I played the first one on GC and LOVED it so playing it in HD sounds amazing. I also really wanna finally play the other 2 and get super hyped for 4!

Also, there's apparently a new 2D Metroid in development as well according to leakers. Could be a Samus Returns like remake of Super Metroid or Fusion. Also can I just say I really hope the box art for MPT looks like the one in the article that @dionysos283 posted, because that looks awesome! Idk where it came from and I know it's not real because it reuses Samus' Smash 4 render, but still really cool!!

One of two people in the world who thinks Sunshine is the best Mario game.

Grumblevolcano

I'm going to predict that Odyssey 2 is the main upcoming new game for the year and that game ends up essentially being the end result for those 3D Mario rumours outside of 3D World kind of like how Starlink's April 2019 update was the end result of the Star Fox Grand Prix rumour.

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic