Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 3,221 to 3,240 of 15,860

BruceCM

Yeah but then there's been no updates, either, @link3710 .... So, no idea how much further they've got or anything I'd still feel safer thinking of it as next year, personally, until they say anything else

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Grumblevolcano

Another possibility to the Mario remasters situation is Odyssey 2. If you have Kingdoms based on 64, Sunshine and Galaxy you won't be able to tell between HD remasters of the original games in the Odyssey engine and Odyssey 2.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@BruceCM Oh I don't disagree, I was just correcting the claim that everyone was forgetting it only started development last year. It's been in development no less than 2 years, and as much as 3. I still don't think it'll be out either, but it's not that far out on the schedule.

@Grumblevolcano The questionable thing about that is we already got an HD Mario 64 rendition in the first one, why would they do that again in the second one?

link3710

Grumblevolcano

@link3710 Odyssey isn't the first time Nintendo has revisited Mario 64 in a different 3D Mario game though, Galaxy 2 (SMB 25th anniversary game) had a level from each previous 3D Mario game:

• Whomp's Fortress
  • Ricco Harbor (the area of Ricco Harbor where Shadow Mario steals Fludd)
  • Beach Bowl Galaxy (the stone area)

There may be others too but those are the ones I remember, haven't played Galaxy 2 in a long time.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

toiletduck wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

It'll just be part of their E3 (or notE3) Direct, if it's real.

I still don't really buy that it's real though. I bet it's been misreported in some way, and it ends up being a lot less impressive than it sounds. It's probably just straight ports of all the 3D games, presented in a single collection. That sounds like the sort of thing they might sell for the price of a full retail game. But if they were really "remastering" games like 64 or Sunshine, they'd sell those as standalone games surely. And release them months apart from each other.

So my prediction is 64 + Sunshine + Galaxy 1& 2 = Mario 3D All Stars - $60
then Mario 3D World Deluxe- $60

Mario 3D All Stars will all look and play identical to the originals but will be 1080p and 60fps.

That all still sounds really impressive

Yeah it still sounds like a great release. But I just meant that it sounds more economically believable. I mean Mario 64 is often regarded as one of the greatest games of all time. If they really did "remaster" it, I'm pretty damn sure they're gonna charge full price for that alone.

So the only possibilities are that it's either a much more lazy port, or they're charging a lot more than their normal retail price for the full collection.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

WaffleKnight

My confidence in the Mario leak is slowly deteriorating. It's possible that it's an April Fool's leak, similar to the Flipnote joke (which actually pissed me off because I loved Flipnote). The most likely scenario in my opinion is a deluxe port of 3D World, which is a pass for me because I don't buy Wii U ports on principle. I'm still going to hold on to the rumor though, because if it's true and they show off Super Mario All-Stars 3D in an upcoming Direct, they might as well just take my money now.

Verbose edgelord.

Playing NO MAN'S SKY.

Dezzy

Another supporting piece of evidence that it's real (or partly real) is that they posted that image of Mario on twitter last year which seemed to suggest something to do with Mario Sunshine:

TuVictus

eh, I wouldn't really take that as any indication of anything other than Nintendo wishing the fanbase a good summer using cute Mario references

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Dezzy

That would have been my interpretation, if they hadn't used the word "sunshine". That had to be conscious, it's such a specific word. Most people would just say "sun".

Grumblevolcano

I think given the release dates of the Direct Mini games, the next Direct will happen the same week as if E3 was still around. Any earlier and Nintendo would risk screwing over the 3rd party devs they spotlighted in the Direct Mini as most of the 3rd party games that weren't shadow drops come around May 29th.

Grumblevolcano

WaffleKnight

@Grumblevolcano I agree; it's got to be June. I believe the last first-party released planned is "Clubhouse Games" on June 5th; we're going to need something after that. However, as far as the actual week, I think it might be shifted around, forward or backward. Because of E3's cancellation, Nintendo has the opportunity to air the presentation whenever they wish, so it could be right out of the gates on June 4/5 or at the end of the month around June 25/26. My pipe dream is that Nintendo wants all of the titles showcased in the Mini Direct squared away so they can break out the big guns in June and drop some major announcements.

Edited on by WaffleKnight

Verbose edgelord.

Playing NO MAN'S SKY.

Tyranexx

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I think given the release dates of the Direct Mini games, the next Direct will happen the same week as if E3 was still around. Any earlier and Nintendo would risk screwing over the 3rd party devs they spotlighted in the Direct Mini as most of the 3rd party games that weren't shadow drops come around May 29th.

Agreed 100%. I'm not expecting a news drop until June now. Which I'm totally fine with. I have plenty of backlog and will also be getting both The Wonderful 101 Remastered and Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition in that time frame.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

link3710

@WaffleKnight While I do think they'll want most of them taken care of, It'll probably be before all of them. Mr. Drill Drill Land isn't until June 25th after all, and it's not big enough to wait for. But I'm pretty sure that's the only dated title that's after when the E3 direct would normally be anyways, so I don't see that as a reason it'd be pushed back.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

Mr. Driller DrillLand (June 25th), Trails of Cold Steel III (June 30th) and Catherine Full Body (July 7th) are the only games with specific release dates after June 5th so the normal E3 slot which would've been June 9th this year for a Direct would probably work the best and have those 3 appear in the 3rd party highlight reel that comes towards the end of a Direct.

Grumblevolcano

Don

So how likely is the Super Mario 3D games remastered rumor to be true?

Don

WaffleKnight

@Don More likely than most rumors, as it has been reported by multiple sources. But as far as confirmation goes, like all rumors, this should be taken with a heavy grain of salt. The fact that the leak was around April 1st doesn't help its chances.

Verbose edgelord.

Playing NO MAN'S SKY.

Don

@WaffleKnight
I do hope this turns out to be true. A lot of major franchises received remastered compilations and I have been waiting years for a Mario compilation besides Super Mario All Stars.

Don

link3710

@Don Technically, didn't Super Mario Bros Deluxe have both SMB and The Lost Levels? ...I really wish they'd resurrect that game, adding all the cool little secrets and a level select are features both game really need.

link3710

Dezzy

Don wrote:

So how likely is the Super Mario 3D games remastered rumor to be true?

Given the multiple outlets reporting on it, I'd say there's a good 80% chance that SOMETHING is happening. The details will probably be wrong in some way though.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic