Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 3,201 to 3,220 of 15,873

DannyBoi

Its the investors meeting tommorow. Should be fun seeing what Nintendo has to say.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

gcunit

DannyBoi wrote:

Its the investors meeting tommorow. Should be fun seeing what Nintendo has to say.

I imagine investors meetings are not immune to coronavirus disruption and that whatever meeting goes ahead may differ from the standard sort, if one goes ahead at all.

@kkslider5552000 I too was a little subdued by the Bravely Default character models. Environments looked nice though.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

DannyBoi

So there's a rumour that flipnote studio is coming to Switch. And apparently tommorow.

TuVictus

Ooh, is that the messaging system from the 3DS? Was a bit unwiedly to send messages, but I liked the spirit behind it. Would like to see how they improve upon it

TuVictus

DannyBoi

Does anyone think that flipnote studio will come to Switch?

toiletduck

NintendoByNature wrote:

Not trying to be a Debbie downer but it was a disappointment for me. I'm glad we got something. But nothing really caught my eye. ...

Exactly how I felt. There was actually nothing in there that really appealed to me. But I'm glad so many people are happy with what they saw! I still have some backlog to deal with and a few games I'm eager to play again.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

NintendoByNature

@toiletduck yea exactly..im deep into animal crossing and ff7 which will keep me busy well into end of April when trials of mana drops.

NintendoByNature

Dezzy

NintendoWiiDS wrote:

What I found a little weird about that comment, was that they said “recreating the game would be very difficult”. If the Wii U ports as of late are anything to go by, I’m not sure that a port would be that expensive or intensive compared to a brand new game

Not all ports are equivalent.

Imagine for example, if the Wii U had 3 CPU cores running at 1.2GHz, and the Switch had 4 CPU cores running at 1GHz. Based on the various reports, those numbers are fairly accurate. (for the sake of argument lets just assume those CPUs are identical in every other way)

What you'd find in that scenario is that a Wii U game that only required 1GHz of that CPU in order to run at 30fps, would transition very easily onto the Switch. It would just use the first 3 CPU cores and leave the last one alone, and would therefore run at 30fps just like on the Wii U.

But what if another game required all 1.2GHz of those Wii U cores in order to run at 30fps? You couldn't just directly copy it over onto the Switch, because the Switch cores only run at 1GHz. In order to port it to the Switch, you'd need to rewrite all of the game logic to run on 4 cores instead of 3, otherwise you're going to be taking a hit to the framerate. Then imagine the game logic involves that required an absolute arseload of testing and bugfixing (like for example, the biggest open-world map in any single player RPG ever made).

To be clear, I have no idea if this is the actual reason. But it's probably something a bit like this, and it's just a clear example of why some things are easier to port than others.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

NintendoByNature

With This whole Mario 35th anniversary thing being stirred up, wondering if they'll do a seperate Mario direct for that pre or post e3, or if they'll tie it in to their e3 direct. Sorry if you guys covered this yesterday, i was absent from this thread mostly.

NintendoByNature

Dezzy

It'll just be part of their E3 (or notE3) Direct, if it's real.

I still don't really buy that it's real though. I bet it's been misreported in some way, and it ends up being a lot less impressive than it sounds. It's probably just straight ports of all the 3D games, presented in a single collection. That sounds like the sort of thing they might sell for the price of a full retail game. But if they were really "remastering" games like 64 or Sunshine, they'd sell those as standalone games surely. And release them months apart from each other.

So my prediction is 64 + Sunshine + Galaxy 1& 2 = Mario 3D All Stars - $60
then Mario 3D World Deluxe- $60

Mario 3D All Stars will all look and play identical to the originals but will be 1080p and 60fps.

Edited on by Dezzy

NintendoByNature

Yea I'm also in the same boat that it's not truly real, or at least the way it's supposed to go down. If i had a guess, I would say a bundle of mario64 and sunshine in 1 package and then another package of galaxy 1 and 2. I would say both would be $40 but knowing Nintendo it would be full price. Id grab both collections if I'm being honest, even at full price.

As for being apart of e3ish, I feel like if most of this IS true, there's too much to talk about and it would require a mini Mario direct, but who knows..

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

Maybe 64, Sunshine and Galaxy end up being extra game styles for Mario Maker 2 and the reveal is in such a way that you think it's a collection?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

NintendoByNature wrote:

I would say a bundle of mario64 and sunshine in 1 package and then another package of galaxy 1 and 2. I would say both would be $40 but knowing Nintendo it would be full price. Id grab both collections if I'm being honest, even at full price.

Part of why I don't buy this rumour is because I would happily pay $60 for a Galaxy 1&2 HD collection. They have to do almost nothing. Just upscale to 1080p and 60fps, then incorporate another control scheme so they work in handheld mode. I'd buy that day 1, because I really think those are possibly the 2 greatest games Nintendo have ever made.

NintendoByNature

@Dezzy I only played a small bit of galaxy 1 and nothing of 2. So id be all in on those. Sunshine is the only other mainline Mario game I haven't played.

NintendoByNature

Heavyarms55

@Dezzy I'd buy that for sure. I'd also buy the ports or HD remasters of 64 and Sunshine. The way I see it, they should be released in collections/combo packs.

64/64DS/Sunshine Collection
Galaxy 1+2HD
Paper Mario Collection
Mario Sports Collection.

These games don't even need to be remakes for me, just upscale ports with updated control schemes for modern controllers. I'd drop 240 bucks plus tax right now if they dropped them right now.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

TheAwesomeBowser

Refined predictions based on the recent Mario leaks and Mini Direct (which tbh wasn't that great apart from Smash and Good Job):

Y E S : 3D World DX (all but confirmed now 🦀), NMH3 release date/window, Pikmin 3, 3rd-parties, indies

P E R H A P S : SMM2 update, Prime Trilogy (seems Nintendo is more focused on bringing its Wii U collection to Switch atm), Pikmin 4, Mario Remasters (sounds slightly too good to be true, especially around April Fools)

N O : BOTW 2 (everyone seems to forget that it just started development last year), Smash Fighter 7 (Covid-19 is apparently affecting development so I wouldn't expect it for a while), F-Zero (as long as Nintendo is standing firm on its "each new title must innovate" rule, it's not happening)

Own up to Joy-Con Drift, Nintendo. We all know it's your fault

toiletduck

Dezzy wrote:

It'll just be part of their E3 (or notE3) Direct, if it's real.

I still don't really buy that it's real though. I bet it's been misreported in some way, and it ends up being a lot less impressive than it sounds. It's probably just straight ports of all the 3D games, presented in a single collection. That sounds like the sort of thing they might sell for the price of a full retail game. But if they were really "remastering" games like 64 or Sunshine, they'd sell those as standalone games surely. And release them months apart from each other.

So my prediction is 64 + Sunshine + Galaxy 1& 2 = Mario 3D All Stars - $60
then Mario 3D World Deluxe- $60

Mario 3D All Stars will all look and play identical to the originals but will be 1080p and 60fps.

That all still sounds really impressive

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

link3710

@TheAwesomeBowser BotW2 did not start development last year. According to interviews, we know it started somewhere roughly around December 2017 (when the Champion's Ballad came out) and there was no break in development, as BotW2 started as part of BotW's DLC. It was only announced last year, and that came with a whole cutscene already completed.

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic