Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 3,181 to 3,200 of 15,474

NintendoByNature

Not trying to be a Debbie downer but it was a disappointment for me. I'm glad we got something. But nothing really caught my eye. I can finally try arms which is nice. The bravely default demo will be nice to try out. But yea, nothing at all for me. Glad for everyone who got some good stuff they liked tho

NintendoByNature

Agriculture

It has been just over 200 days since Nintendo had their last full Nintendo Direct. Rumor has it that they were waiting to hold it at E3, but now E3 has been cancelled. Hopefully they will decide to have it soon, and hopefully it will contain some big releases from Nintendo and their second party developers.

Agriculture

RR529

@status-204, remember, they're going to be taking feedback on the demo to make it better.

Daemon X Machina was the same way. It got a rough demo early in the year, and a lot of people were prematurely turned off, even though they were using it for feedback to make the final game better. As someone who played the full game, it didn't have any of the choppiness that was present in the early demo.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Dezzy

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Am I the only one who thought it was bizarre how most of these games either are out today or at the end of May?

Like is late May considered their tentative date when gaming stores and the like will be open again?

I assumed it was just meant as "this will keep you busy until E3 (or not-E3), when we'll have some new stuff."

status-204 wrote:

Tried the Bravely Default 2 demo, and the performance right out of the gate was choppy, and the textures just looked unfinished and all different resolutions. Pretty awful stuff. Hard pass.

I didn't see anything like this.

The only issue I noticed was the world map textures taking a second to load, so the map very briefly looked untextured.

Everything else looked great.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Dogtanian

@Dezzy Yes you are right, they are clearly holding the big announcements back until when E3 was scheduled.

If Coronavirus has a major impact on the production of physical releases for the remainder of the year, I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to release some first party games as a digital now/physical later deal. In other words you would get a download code that lapses when the physical release is ready to be shipped.

Dogtanian

TOUGHDUDE94

I think there be a huge direct in June

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

DannyBoi

I wouldn't JUMP to conclusions with these next direct rumours.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Anti-Matter

@DannyBoi
Btw, are you happy now with Mini Direct yesterday ?
Something caught your attention ?

Anti-Matter

Bucky

It was a good enough direct for me. I expect they will have a full direct around when E3 usually is with some announcements for the rest I'd the year, including first party titles. I think the Arms fighter for smash and first pokemon expansion are both scheduled for June, so maybe around the same time as those.

If there is not a new first party title, it would not be a disaster for them to release a port this year. Super Mario 3D World seems like the obvious choice, but they also have the Zelda remasters (and who knows the status of the rumored Prime trilogy remaster). A lot of us have played these games, but there are many Switch owners who missed out on them.

Bucky

gcunit

link3710 wrote:

To be fair, if that is the case and I was Nintendo I'd hold onto that title for the holiday season. It might be a port or remaster, but I actually has the potential to outsell any other game in the series thanks to current circumstances creating a lack of competition.

Going by Nintendo's current release schedule, they don't need to wait until December for a lack of competition.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

DannyBoi

@Anti-Matter Yeah, it was good. And not sure.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Grumblevolcano

3D World is the remaining port that has the best potential, lots of Switch owners didn't buy a Wii U and 3D World was the 2nd best selling Wii U game where the best selling Wii U game is also the best selling Switch game (MK8).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WaffleKnight

I think Wind Waker HD has significant potential as well. But it seems Nintendo isn't very keen about Zelda ports right now.

Verbose edgelord.

Playing NO MAN'S SKY.

NapiLinkJC

@Grumblevolcano I am one of those people. I had a Wii but skipped Wii U and now I have a Switch so I never got to play 3D World, which I would love to play on the Switch as I have heard nothing but great reviews of the game. I have Mario Kart 8 on Switch.

Edited on by NapiLinkJC

Switch Friend Code: SW-0086-9314-8714

Switch Name: NapiLinkJC

link3710

@WaffleKnight It definitely does. It's the only title in the top 15 besides 3D World & Yoshi's Woolly World that isn't either: Intrinsically tied to Wii U hardware (Wii Party U, Nintendo Land), ported (MK8, NSMBU+LU, Breath of the Wild, Hyrule Warriors, Pokken) or have a sequel that has basically all of its contents (Splatoon, Mario Maker, Smash). The only other title on the list is Mario Party 10 but... yeah I think that boat's sailed.

I'd say looking at this, the list of potential ports by likely sales would be:

1. Super Mario 3D World
2. Wind Waker HD
3. Twilight Princess HD
4/5. Pikmin 3 / Xenoblade Chronicles X (Pikmin 3 had higher initial sales, Xenoblade's profile has grown since the original release, could be either way)
6. Star Fox Guard
Trashed reviews tier: Star Fox Zero, Paper Mario Color Splash

There's a huge gap between the top 2 and the bottom 4 though, and Guard is a title that would only sell well as a ~20$ eshop release, not a full retail game.

link3710

NintendoWiiDS

I wonder why Monolith Soft stated that the reason they wouldn’t be porting Xenoblade Chronicles X was due to a lack of budget. But they completely remade the original and added content to it and developed a sequel a couple of years prior.

NintendoWiiDS

WaffleKnight

@NintendoWiiDS Maybe because those two projects were already in progress and they didn’t have the time or resources? Just a guess.

Edited on by WaffleKnight

Verbose edgelord.

Playing NO MAN'S SKY.

NintendoWiiDS

@WaffleKnight Perhaps you’re right. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and the Torna expansion were both released prior to the director at Monolith Soft making the comment from what I remember so I don’t know. What I found a little weird about that comment, was that they said “recreating the game would be very difficult”. If the Wii U ports as of late are anything to go by, I’m not sure that a port would be that expensive or intensive compared to a brand new game, a large scale DLC expansion or a complete remake of the original with additional content. I understand ports are not easy to make; especially taking some relatively minor Gamepad features and the Wii U’s difficulty to develop for into account. But it surprises me that a studio at the size of Monolith Soft wouldn’t have a sufficient budget for that sort of task, especially considering Nintendo publishing the Xenoblade games.

Edited on by NintendoWiiDS

NintendoWiiDS

kkslider5552000

A few thoughts after a day:

-In a way, it's bizarre to me how Xenoblade Chornicles as a remake is now a big enough deal to start a Direct with a big thing (was clearly right next to Bravely Default 2's gameplay debut and a Pokemon update in terms of importance). This is the very game I saw Nintendo of America spend half a year trying to avoid releasing here, even after getting stupid levels of critical acclaim in its European release, despite the Wii desperately needing games in its last year and a half. They really learned their lesson after that.

-I feel like the character models in Bravely Default 2 are very meeeeh, which gets in the way of it being this HD console debut of the series. Maybe that's just me, but they're just unimpressive.

-Give Bioshock gyro controls

-Apparently Panzer Dragoon remake is somewhat meh and pretty expensive. That's a shame. Maybe I'll get it when its cheaper.

-As a contrast, that underwater Capcom Metroidvania thing is apparently really good.

-I don't get people's specific tastes, there's so many games here I would buy and play if I had the time and money. Every time there's a Direct I almost has to think of which games I'll just never get to, even though I want to. Give me the time and money to justify buying Xenoblade 1 again plz ;__;

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Grumblevolcano

@kkslider5552000 Xenoblade 1 did also end the September Direct. I think it's a mixture of how much the franchise has grown and how few games Nintendo has for the future (as in after Sword/Shield). Like if say they saved BotW 2 announcement for the September Direct instead of E3, BotW 2 probably would've replaced Overwatch.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic