Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 3,161 to 3,180 of 15,807

IceClimbers

@Dezzy Most of 2019's releases were packed into the summer/early fall months in response to them missing their sales targets in the previous fiscal year due to a lack of titles in those months in 2018.

Given that Xenoblade is looking to be the only 1st party title at retail until August at the earliest most likely, it's pretty clear it wasn't planned that way.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Toy_Link

Assuming there's no Direct between now and June and the E3 Direct drops on June 9th, looks like we'll go about a week again between the release of a first party Switch title (Club House 51 games) without knowing the release date for any other Switch first party title.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

NapiLinkJC

@Toy_Link the game Good Job is also a Nintendo Switch first party title.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0086-9314-8714

Switch Name: NapiLinkJC

link3710

@IceClimbers Usually I'd agree with you, but I think if you take a look at this direct it was pretty clearly aimed almost entirely at games coming out in May or June. I think they're holding games even tighter than usual due to the circumstances, so a late May direct (instead of E3) could easily reveal retail titles coming in July if things are looking to be in better shape by then.

link3710

Maaryotyme

Where is the direct. Where’s pikmin.

I know it was a quick mini direct but it was full of mobile ports, ports from the last decade. Board games and FTP.

Edited on by Maaryotyme

Maaryotyme

NapiLinkJC

@Octane whoops my bad.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0086-9314-8714

Switch Name: NapiLinkJC

link3710

@La-weejee Did I miss something? There wasn't a single mobile port in that entire direct. We had:

Remakes/remasters: Panzer Dragoon, XC:DE, Mr. Drill Drillland, Burnout Paradise Remastered, Star Wars Ep 1 Racer, Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Acadamy
F2P: Ninjala
Recent Ports: Borderlands, XCOM 2, Bioshock, Catherine: Full Body
Eshop titles: Totally Radical Delivery Service, Shineskai into the Depths,
DLC: Animal Crossing, MUA3, Pokemon, Smash, Ring Fit Adventures
Other: Bravely Default II

No mobile titles in there that I'm aware of?

link3710

IceClimbers

My prediction for the second half of the year:

July - N/A
August - Pikmin 3
September - Mario Golf, Fighter Pack 7
October - Bravely Default II
November - Super Mario 3D World Deluxe, Pokemon DLC
December - N/A

Everything else is delayed to 2021 due to coronavirus, including NMH3.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Maaryotyme

@link3710 your right. I’m just upset there wasn’t anything for me. They looked like old games to me. I watched it till the end hoping for pikmin or some first party game.

Now we can all start again from the beginning and ask
“When’s the next direct”😂

Maaryotyme

link3710

@IceClimbers I'd wager we'll get at least one more new title. Given there were probably 6 non-port first party titles planned, I'd wager we'll see whatever the big summer game was supposed to be positioned as their holiday title. Something like Pikmin 4 or Paper Mario that usually wouldn't be a holiday tentpole title.

link3710

Agriculture

link3710 wrote:

@La-weejee Did I miss something? There wasn't a single mobile port in that entire direct. We had:

Remakes/remasters: Panzer Dragoon, XC:DE, Mr. Drill Drillland, Burnout Paradise Remastered, Star Wars Ep 1 Racer, Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Acadamy
F2P: Ninjala
Recent Ports: Borderlands, XCOM 2, Bioshock, Catherine: Full Body
Eshop titles: Totally Radical Delivery Service, Shineskai into the Depths,
DLC: Animal Crossing, MUA3, Pokemon, Smash, Ring Fit Adventures
Other: Bravely Default II

No mobile titles in there that I'm aware of?

Elder Scrolls Blades is a mobile game.

Agriculture

Grumblevolcano

Right so Q2 is:
April - Nothing
May - Xenoblade
June - Clubhouse Games, Isle of Armor DLC, Challenger Pack 6 DLC

My prediction for the rest of the year is:
July - Luigi's Mansion 3 DLC pack 2, Mario Maker 2 3.0 update
August - Pikmin 3
September - Bravely Default II, Challenger Pack 7 DLC, GBA games for NSO
October - No More Heroes III, ARMS 2 or ARMS expansion
November - Super Mario 3D World, The Crown Tundra DLC
December - Challenger Pack 8 DLC, Mario Maker 2 4.0 update

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoWiiDS

@FragRed Nicely spotted. I assumed it was a similar case to The Stretchers, in that the game is published by Nintendo, but developed by another studio, but I guess I was wrong.

NintendoWiiDS

WaffleKnight

@Grumblevolcano This is a good prediction, albeit one I hope isn't entirely true. Not releasing a single mainline first-party game (aside from AC:NH this year) would suck. Arms 2 would be interesting, though, as it seems they're trying to drum up interest for the franchise again.

Verbose edgelord.

Playing NO MAN'S SKY.

Octane

You know what would be useful for Nintendo. If they had a nearly completed game laying around they can release with little effort. Right? RIGHT?

Octane

link3710

@Octane To be fair, if that is the case and I was Nintendo I'd hold onto that title for the holiday season. It might be a port or remaster, but I actually has the potential to outsell any other game in the series thanks to current circumstances creating a lack of competition.

link3710

Cubs017

IceClimbers wrote:

My prediction for the second half of the year:

July - N/A
August - Pikmin 3
September - Mario Golf, Fighter Pack 7
October - Bravely Default II
November - Super Mario 3D World Deluxe, Pokemon DLC
December - N/A

Everything else is delayed to 2021 due to coronavirus, including NMH3.

That would be fairly disastrous for Nintendo, I think. They have to have something out there for people to get for the holidays, and I feel like 3D World isn't big enough. Bravely Default is pretty niche.

Cubs017

kkslider5552000

Am I the only one who thought it was bizarre how most of these games either are out today or at the end of May?

Like is late May considered their tentative date when gaming stores and the like will be open again?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic