Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 3,141 to 3,160 of 15,873

NintendoWiiDS

Is it just me, or did some of the games in that worldwide game collection give off Wii Play vibes?

NintendoWiiDS

NapiLinkJC

@NintendoWiiDS I definitely got the same vibe. My family and I enjoyed playing those games together on the Wii that’s why I’ll pick it up for the Switch so we can play together when they come to my apartment for a visit.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0086-9314-8714

Switch Name: NapiLinkJC

Neoguardian86

Was very surprised it got shadow dropped. Was hoping to see some surprise first party stuff. But nada.

For me, I’m most anticipating Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition, and Panzer Dragoon remaster which I’ll pick up this weekend.

CURRENTLY PLAYING
Switch: live A Live
Playstation 5: Assassins Creed Origins
Xbox Series X:
iOS: Final Fantasy 6 Pixel Remaster
3DS XL:

PSN : Neoguardian86
Steam : GhostinShell86

Switch Friend Code: SW-5194-5130-4929 | 3DS Friend Code: 5430-0557-6118 | Nintendo Network ID: Neoguardian86

Cubs017

Woof. Not much in there for me, but I'm glad that we at least got something. I guess I'll be sticking with Animal Crossing and my Xbox One until at least June or so...

Cubs017

NintendoWiiDS

@NapiLinkJC Same thing man, I feel like me and my family were the only beings in the universe who enjoyed playing Wii Play from time to time. I’ve been hoping for a new entry in the Wii series to somehow happen so this does seem like the next best thing; you even select a Mii as an icon. Seeing shooting range, air hockey, billiards and even tanks in a Nintendo developed title again just made me smile. Do you know if the game is getting a physical release?

Edited on by NintendoWiiDS

NintendoWiiDS

Diddy64

Happy to see that they talked more info about Bravely Default 2 and that its demo arrive today

Edited on by Diddy64

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Maxz

I thought Good Job looked like a riot. I’m knee deep in Animal Crossing at the moment so unlikely to pick up new games too soon, but if it’s well reviewed I’m definitely interested in getting it a bit later. I got some very light Goose Game vibes from it: cell shaded, objective-driven miniature chaos simulator. But more chaotic and less goosey.

Also glad to finally get the chance to play Burnout Paradise. Haven’t touched the series since 2, but it stands as one of the only realistic (well, realistic looking) driving games I’ve really enjoyed.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

gcunit

Virtually everything in that mini Direct is a BUY from me. Sure nearly everything was a port, but thankfully I barely own any of the originals (unlike Wii/Wii U ports).

Wasn't sold on the facial designs for Bravely Default 2, but the environments looked nice.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Anti-Matter

Oh, well... 🤨
Only ARMS Online Tournament that caught my interest. 😘
Guess i can consider other old games for my upcoming purchase on April 2020.

Anti-Matter

NapiLinkJC

@NintendoWiiDS yeah man it made me smile too to see Nintendo develop a game with these games in them. I just rewatched that section of the Direct and it seems it will be a physical release and digital download since they are accepting pre-orders now ahead of June release.

@Maxz I liked Good Job too and same for me as I got Goose Game vibes too. Looks like a pickup for me too.

veeflames

Clubhouse Games: 51 World Classics looks like something I'm picking up when it releases. 42 All-Time Classics on the DS was a great game, so I don't doubt this one will be fun too.

Ninjala is also looking more polished and less janky than last time I saw it. It's free-to-play too, so I'll probably check that game out too as well.

EDIT: Ah right, Burnout Paradise Remastered. I have the game on Steam, but for some reason it fails to start up after the first time I played the game. The game is rather fun too, so maybe I'll double-dip for Burnout, too.

For a Mini Direct, I walked away feeling pretty satisfied. Sure, no heavy-hitters for now, but I wasn't expecting that from a Mini. Besides, I figure Nintendo still has to figure out the logistics for those titles due to the current world situation. I'm not at all bothered, though. I have Animal Crossing to play right now, and I get to work on my huge backlog across multiple systems. Plus with the new games shown in the Mini Direct?

Oof.

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

NintendoWiiDS

@NapiLinkJC Thanks for finding that out, I couldn’t find the answer anywhere. Looks like I’ll be going physical then. I wonder how people will feel about the price tag though.

Edited on by NintendoWiiDS

NintendoWiiDS

NintendoWiiDS

It’s kind of funny that the only new title Nintendo themselves announced was Clubhouse Games. I wonder how much content they actually have to release this year.

NintendoWiiDS

FragRed

@NintendoWiiDS Isn’t Good Job a Nintendo game? I thought I saw their copyright on that one?

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

NapiLinkJC

@NintendoWiiDS it seems to be the first real mainline couch co-op and online game title of traditional games and not kid targeted party games. So I think for a lot of adults and families will see value in it just for the sheer diversity of traditional physical games on the most sought after video game console in the world.

@fragred good eye! I just went back and checked and you are correct it is a Nintendo title!

Edited on by NapiLinkJC

IceClimbers

Nice mini direct. It's blatantly obvious that coronavirus is impacting things however.

Look's like Nintendo's Q2 is Xenoblade in May, and then Isle of Armor and Fighter Pack 6 in June, plus free updates for ACNH.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Bolt_Strike

Meh, Mini Direct does pretty much nothing for me (aside from one or two third party games). Still waiting for the big reveals which are conspicuously absent.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Dezzy

IceClimbers wrote:

It's blatantly obvious that coronavirus is impacting things however.

Either that or they've deliberately planned to do the same as 2019, and have most of their releases in the second half of the year.

They have said before that something like 50% of all revenue comes from Q4 each year. That wasn't the exact figure but it's something like that. So maybe they've just decided to deliberately adjust to that fact.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

I think fall/winter 2020 is going to be like the first half of 2018 and then Q1 2021 begins a 2017 esque year.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@IceClimbers Technically, they have that 51 games in 1 pack coming out as well. Usually, I avoid multi-game packs like that, but that looks like it might actually have Nintendo's usual level of polish on it, and if the online play let's you play with friends I'd say it definitely would be worth it at the probably 20$ mark it'll be at.

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic