Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 3,121 to 3,140 of 15,874

Samasaurus

@tzahn How did you do that??? Say it again we might get another!

Samasaurus

MsJubilee

My direct thirst has been quenched!

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Kasma

Just popping up to say I’m glad to have been corrected! 😂 Enjoy the direct, guys!

Kasma

TuVictus

Woo! So happy to be proven wrong about no direct this week. Was pretty good

TuVictus

FragRed

So that guy on Twitter was correct? Huh. Fancy that. Yet I still think after watching it, they could have just waited till June to do a proper Direct as apart from a remaster of Xenoblade Chronicles, there wasn’t anything of note being announced.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Octane

PIKMIN 4!!! Cannot wait!

Octane

-Green-

It served its purpose. Which was to announce upcoming games to public and too keep people updated. It was fine overall

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Grumblevolcano

I'm glad I was wrong and a Direct did happen today. The list of upcoming games I'm looking forward to has barely changed but it's better to know that to plan backlog strategies (I'll probably just go back to my Wii U and play XCX if my Switch and XB1 backlog is completed before XCDE as XCDE's existence pretty much confirms no XCX for Switch until at least a few years into the future).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

tzahn

@Samasaurus A blind squirrel something something… Educated guess with all the rumors going around and some credible people hinting at it. The more I thought about it, there's not really a huge need to announce it beforehand. The people who would be hyped at the announcement will still watch the video. And it may spread to others who are curious from everyone else talking about it. Viral marketing. The fact that it was a Mini Direct made even more sense. Announce the bigger ones and shadow drop the smaller ones.

Love anything Zelda. Most other Ninty franchises too! Purposely vague...

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7039-2998 | Nintendo Network ID: tzahn88

dionysos283

Am I the only one here who's disappointed about the Direct?
Not even one new first-party game was announced, not even a port. I didn't expect much. But I at least thought we would see one new game and maybe 1-2 ports (Mario 3D World anyone?).
Is this what we waited 7 month for? 😕

dionysos283

1UP_MARIO

Nothing for me but there must be something for someone.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

LzWinky

There was a direct. That’s all that matters.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

redd214

Borderlands, Burnout Paradise, and Good Job all look great. Was hoping for another wii u remaster or some Zelda news but I thought it was pretty good overall. My kids are excited about Ninjala too!

redd214

DannyBoi

I have a theory on why they did a mini direct rather than a full one. What was in the mini direct was part of a bigger normal direct to come. They wanted to get something out before the investors meeting.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

link3710

It occurs to me that with 2K finally onboard (well, the main releases from last gen anyways), that only leaves what... Rockstar (Red Dead, GTA), Warner Bros (Batman Arkham, Injustice) and EA (too much to count) as still avoiding bringing the best of last gen to the Switch out of the major developers? The list is shrinking rapidly of what possible major ports could continue coming over the next few years.

link3710

TuVictus

A portable GTAV would be pretty awesome, in my opinion. And an Arkham collection? I might actually play through them if they did

TuVictus

NotTelevision

Pretty much all good games, but I feel a lot of this has already been on other platforms for centuries. A first party surprise would’ve been welcome.

Xcom 2 will be a perfect portable game and finally we get the Panzer Dragoon Remake. So fantastic news there.

NotTelevision

Dezzy

I knew my unjustified optimism would bare fruit eventually!

Bit disappointing it was just a mini, and very light on first party stuff. But Xenoblade and Bravely Default both looked incredible, so I'm happy with that until E3. They'd better have some serious big announcements at E3 though, or this is gonna be a mighty disappointing year overall.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

NapiLinkJC

I enjoyed that Mini Direct an am looking forward to picking up the Bioshock Collection as I have always thought I would enjoy that series. Happy to see updated features for Ring Fit; I’ll download it later today after work. Arms fighter for Smash is going to be cool and I think the Clubroom Games will be fun to pick up for when my parents come to visit.

However the addition of features for Animal Crossing and Pokemon did nothing to help which of the two I’m going to pick up first.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0086-9314-8714

Switch Name: NapiLinkJC

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic