Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 3,101 to 3,120 of 15,822

Dezzy

If it is still happening today, I assume their thinking is that so many people are quarantined at the moment that you don't need to give people a day's notice.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

DannyBoi

It isn't happening today.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

FragRed

This may or may not be relevant regarding the Nintendo Direct, if games are ending up being delayed due to the coronavirus.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

1UP_MARIO

I feel it in my fingers. I feel it in my toe.

It’s happening soon.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

dionysos283

So at what time would you guys expect an unannounced Direct to take place? Or do you think they would announce it 1-2 hours before? 😕

dionysos283

FragRed

@dionysos283 Yesterday or Tuesday. Otherwise it’s not this week. I’m just not expecting anything from Nintendo for the next few weeks.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Don

They might announce a Direct is happening later today.

Don

mariomaster96

@Don If I were you, I wouldn't have too much hope. At most, they release a Direct Mini, but that too is very unlikely and would be a big disappointment after 200+ days, as Direct Minis never really announced any relevant games.

mariomaster96

Don

@mariomaster96

Just trying to be optimistic. I figured the reason they were announcing a Direct a day in advance was because people were at work and won’t be home in time to see the announcement to watch the presentation. Now most of us are home maybe there’s still a slim possibility of them telling us a few hours in advance to watch the presentation later today. I guess if there’s no Direct today at least we are getting the Star Wars Jedi Academy game on PS4 and possibly on the Switch too.

Don

mariomaster96

@Don Yeah sry for being pessimistic but after waiting over 2 month for a direct and not getting anything (not counting special directs like the AC direct) its very hard to stay optimistic
Also they announced the Indie Direct one day before they aired the direct last week where also many people already where at home

mariomaster96

Kasma

Nintendo can't hold a direct because they can't guarantee launch dates for any of the new software that they may show. There's no telling when people worldwide will be able to get into shops to buy physical, which limits the profit Nintendo can hope to make. Nintendo work to a well thought out cycle of hype, launch, hype launch for their products. Right now, they can't do that as there is no guarantee as to when these titles can be launched. Having a direct without release dates means that whilst they'll have some hype for a while, it will not fit into the cycle that has served them so well before hand. With all this in mind, it makes little business sense for Nintendo to hold a direct. It's best to respect that Nintendo is a business, and will make its decisions based upon potential profit, rather than clutch at vague hopes that they'll deliver something just so that we can be entertained. We had an Indie Direct because most of those games will be digital releases. I know this is pessimistic, and believe me I'd love to be proven wrong, but I just can't see any chance of us having a direct.

Kasma

Krull

@Kasma88 That’s certainly an argument, but Directs are not great on confirmed release dates anyway. Often it’s just “this summer” or “this winter”. And then, even when dates or ballpark times are given in Direct, they can still be moved without much compunction - see Dark Souls Remastered and Animal Crossing.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

link3710

@Kasma88 The counterargument to that is that Nintendo also has to make profit each year. They can't go the next 9 months without a single release. If that means a digital only release for a major title, than so be it, I'd think that's more likely than not releasing a game all year. And we're getting close to the cutoff for announcing games that'll come out this year.

link3710

gcunit

link3710 wrote:

...we're getting close to the cutoff for announcing games that'll come out this year.

There's no such thing as a cutoff, apart from when the year actually ticks over into the next year.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

FragRed

@link3710 What cut-off? Nintendo has up until end of June to announce their games. And I imagine with the exception of Xenoblade Chronicles Remaster, everything they have planned is for the second half anyway.

Grumblevolcano

@link3710 Not quite, sure the cutoff for spring/summer is close but Nintendo did announce Super Mario Party at E3 2018 for release in early October 2018. The main problem with @sixrings' idea of going all out at a replacement to E3 Direct and staying mostly quiet beforehand is facing up to their investors on May 7th.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

tzahn

I think it would be interesting if Nintendo just dropped a direct without notice. The internet might explode.

Love anything Zelda. Most other Ninty franchises too! Purposely vague...

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7039-2998 | Nintendo Network ID: tzahn88

tzahn

wink wink

Love anything Zelda. Most other Ninty franchises too! Purposely vague...

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7039-2998 | Nintendo Network ID: tzahn88

DannyBoi

What tzahn said makes sense. With every one at home, they don't need to announce it the day before. They could announce it on the day.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic