Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 2,401 to 2,420 of 15,817

DannyBoi

There might not be a direct until E3๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Maxz

Prime Minister Abe has requested all schools be closed nationwide across Japan for the next month, and practically every major event has been scaled back or cancelled, which is fairly unprecedented when compared to any of the other diseases listed.

The last swine flu epidemic was over 10 years ago in 2009, and while it did impact the country (42 deaths and some school closures in Kansai), Nintendo Directs didnโ€™t exist at this point, so itโ€™s hard to draw any conclusions from this.

As for Ebola, Iโ€™m not sure if there were any cases in Japan whatsoever, so it would be strange for a Direct to be affected by it.

And as for standard influenza AKA โ€˜the seasonal fluโ€™, well... it is by definition โ€˜seasonalโ€™, and so happens every year, and companies typically carry on as usual (maybe with a employees off sick for a week or so).

While the disease in Japan is still in its early stages, large swathes of China have been brought to a standstill with tens of thousands infected and over two thousand dead. Even if Japan isnโ€™t directly affected by this, the halt to manufacturing is likely to have a knock on effect to the supply chain of any company sourcing products from this region. Including Nintendo.

On a less global scale, anyone with kids now has those kids at home for the next month, putting added pressures on parents. Almost no-one is Japan is unaffected by the effects of virus on some level. I think itโ€™s naive to say that Nintendo isnโ€™t affected.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Octane

@PikPi It definitely is. Production of hardware in China, and I wouldn't be surprised if they outsourced some game development in China as well, every company is doing that these days. And since Japan is bent on letting the Olympics happen, they're going to extremes to ensure the problem doesn't develop any further in the country. All schools are closed for a month, so it's not unlikely to think that business meetings and whatnot will be cancelled.

Octane

Bucky

I think after Animal Crossing is released there will be a mini direct that is focused on any games that will definitely be releasing in April and May

Bucky

DannyBoi

How long can they keep this silence up for?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Thannus

There's one rumor that's been floating around that correctly confirmed both the reveal and air date of the ACNH direct, as well as some of its content. Said rumor also states that the main direct would be set for the second week of March. Since it is a rumor take it with a grain of salt, but I'm holding on to some hope...

Edited on by Thannus

You're wrong until I say otherwise.

TuVictus

@Maxz @Octane Call me naive, then, I don't mind, but I won't be attributing anything to coronavirus until we're told as much, which I'm sure they will if that's the case.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

gcunit

@naive

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51726954

This is potentially affecting the entire global economy.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Anti-Matter

@gcunit
I just wonder from where Corona virus suddenly appear?
And i also heard some peoples claimed that the Corona virus epidemic was a sign of God's wrath. Those peoples used religion propaganda to justify the epidemic was a part of doomsday, there will be a lot of sinners then there will be a very dangerous disaster according from its revelation.
I thought it wasn't funny because of using religion propaganda.
Some peoples just want to take a chance by justifying their own claims for the sake of humanity.

Anti-Matter

gcunit

@Anti-Matter Well, if it is God's wrath, one can only hope that he takes it out on EA before he takes it out on Nintendo

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

GameOtaku

@Anti-Matter
It was bioengineered by China and it got loose or intentionally set loose.

Or it's a strain of flu that cannot be treated with the usual antibiotics. We overuse them so it'd make sense the virus would evolve over the ages.

But that's just my two cents.

GameOtaku

link3710

@GameOtaku

I mean, Coronavirus is a class of viruses that originates in animals to my knowledge. It probably came from a pig or chicken or something. There's a ton of naturally occurring viruses that could potentially infect humans that haven't yet so...

And in any case, antibiotics can't treat the flu no matter what. It's viral, antibiotics don't work on viral infections. The only solution for something like that is to vaccinate ahead of time. But since no one expected this to happen, it wasn't included in the yearly flu vaccine.

link3710

Octane

@link3710 Is that a thing in the US by the way, those annual flu shots? I've never heard of them over here.

Octane

OorWullie

@Octane There is an annual flu vaccine in the UK. It's free for over 70's and those with respiratory conditions. I've got asthma so I've been entitled to it since I was a lad. I haven't had one for several years though.

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Mr Mustard ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ
SW-6101-8403-1640

๐Ÿ•น๏ธ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards ๐Ÿ•น๏ธ

Grumblevolcano

I wonder if Nintendo's getting rid of E3 Directs. There's generally been equal spacing between general Directs before 2019 so like for the Switch era you had:

January 2017 Switch Presentation
April 2017 Direct (3 months later)
E3 2017 Direct (2 months later)
September 2017 Direct (3 months later)
January 2018 Direct Mini (4 months later)
March 2018 Direct (2 months later)
E3 2018 Direct (3 months later)
September 2018 Direct (3 months later)
February 2019 Direct (5 months later)
E3 2019 Direct (4 months later)
September 2019 Direct (3 months later)

So until 2019 the average was 3 months between general Directs, then 2019 was 4 months average. If there's a general Direct in March then the gap between September 2019 and March 2020 is 6 months and 6 months after that is September 2020.

Hence it could be that Nintendo intends to eliminate the E3 Direct in favour of just 2 general Directs a year.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoByNature

@Grumblevolcano im not sure I follow. If e3 were to be around, id imagine Nintendo would be inclined to offer something, even if it's ONLY a direct and not presence at e3. Now if e3 stops being what we know it as, or stops being e3 in General, i can understand Nintendo doing a direct whenever they please.

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

@NintendoByNature In the case of the 2 general Directs a year schedule, E3 would be Treehouse and show floor only like in 2016.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic