Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 2,321 to 2,340 of 15,474

MrGawain

In the current Korona Virus landscape, I can see Nintendo thinking announcing games isn’t a good idea if they then have to delay them.

Saying that, the Switch celebrates it’s 3rd birthday on Tuesday the 3rd of March, so maybe they plan to mark the anniversary then?

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

link3710

gcunit wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Meanwhile I'm just playing through my backlog.

... while repeatedly contributing to the 'Next Direct' thread

How dare you call me out like that.

...but in all seriousness, I'm here out of habit and a love for making predictions more than any burning desire for a direct.

link3710

Krull

MrGawain wrote:

In the current Korona Virus landscape, I can see Nintendo thinking announcing games isn’t a good idea if they then have to delay them.

Saying that, the Switch celebrates it’s 3rd birthday on Tuesday the 3rd of March, so maybe they plan to mark the anniversary then?

So, what you're saying is: The 3rd Birthday Redux to be announced for Switch in the next Direct?

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

Anti-Matter

Let's pray for Japan so Corona virus epidemic can be stopped and Nintendo Switch can celebrate its 3rd Anniversary on 3rd March 2020.
Also, the Direct might be someday on March 2020.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@Heavyarms55 You information is clearly incomplete. I didn't leak everything...just 90% of the material. Leaking the remaining 10% will be on pain of interrogation by our supreme alien overl-I mean, legal action from Nintendo. Yeah, legal action.

Please don't send me back to Zebes....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Dezzy

Where are the actual game cartridges manufactured? Is that in China?

If there's a genuine delay in making retail copies of games, they should just release stuff digitally tbh. Then release physical versions at a later date.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

toiletduck

@Dezzy in short: that doesn't sell consoles. And why would that matter? Because new console sales lead to new software sales.

Your view makes sense from our perspective, but not from Nintendo's probably.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Dezzy

@toiletduck

Nintendo get more profit from software sales than they do from hardware sales. At this point in time, they're gonna make more money from their pre-existing install base, than they are from the potential future hardware sales.

Especially given the fact that the hardcore fanatic Nintendo fans all tend to buy the console early on, and those are the people who buy the most games.

DannyBoi

Can the corona virus have delayed the direct?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

toiletduck

@Dezzy yes but for us console owners in the end it doesn't matter that much whether a title releases this month or next. But yeah... let's agree to disagree 😉

toiletduck

neogyo

@IceClimbers exactly haha me too.
I just finally beat Goose Game and Dragon Quest XI, dipping into the Fire Emblem dlc, and Hyper Light Drifter. Going thru some short story titles like Lydia, Starman and Neo Cab, just started the old school Dooms. Plus catching up on some Smash and Tetris. Plentyyyy to playyy

What have you got going in the log??

nintendo is good for the soul

Grumblevolcano

The most likely reason there's no general Direct yet is Nintendo doesn't have any unannounced games that are near release and other Directs and social media posts have already revealed the important info for already announced games near release.

• Tokyo Mirage Sessions revealed with release date in September (January 17th)
  • Animal Crossing release date known in September (March 20th)
  • Pokemon Direct revealed Mystery Dungeon DX (March 6th)
  • Smash presentation revealed Byleth (January 28th) and Fighters Pass 2 existing
  • Fire Emblem DLC release date announced straight after Smash presentation (February 12th/13th)
  • Animal Crossing Direct revealed lots of info about the game

So unless Nintendo has shadow drops like Tetris 99 was last February, Nintendo doesn't need a Direct until at least March 19th (day before Animal Crossing) and even then they could extend the time before a Direct is needed by revealing the release date of an already announced game like Xenoblade in a random twitter post like with Yoshi last year.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

@toiletduck

Sure it matters. As I'd said earlier, I only buy a certain number of full priced retail games each year. If Nintendo don't end up announcing anything until E3, I'll end up buying The Last of Us 2 as one of my games in May. Whereas if they announce things earlier, I'll probably go with the Nintendo game ahead of TLOU2.

DannyBoi

@Grumblevolcano There could be a direct on the 10th March. There is maintence on the 9th march for Eshop all on the same day. It could be for that.

FragRed

@DannyBoi 10th March is a Tuesday. I’d be very surprised if Nintendo did a Direct on that day.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Bucky

They are waiting until March 12 to have the direct on my birthday

Bucky

DannyBoi

@FragRed I mean they could announce the direct for wednesday on a tuesday. Its not likely.

toiletduck

@Dezzy ok and now imagine that you don't already own a Switch, Mk8, BOTW, SMO and a few other titles... these people are actually in the majority. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying there's more arguments to make. In this case, I'm inclined to believe it's not a bad idea to wait a bit. If it's because of Corona, Sony and MS should face comparable challenges.

But again, I'm just trying to exchange thoughts and have a mindful conversation about the topic

toiletduck

DannyBoi

Lets be honest. Its 2018 again. Nintendo have nothing to show. There are a lot of games that have been rated, but not announced. Nintendo did remove information about nintendo directs from their american site. They are or were thinking of stopping doing normal directs. Maybe why we have had game specific directs this year.

DannyBoi

Nintendo do need to say something. If they announce that games are getting delayed, then fine. If they just say something, we know what they were going to do with their plans for 2020.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic