Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 2,261 to 2,280 of 15,461

StuTwo

Tyranexx wrote:

F-Zero FFX that's due out in late 2020.

I absolutely never saw them crossing the F-Zero franchise over with Final Fantasy (and X at that!) but somehow the direct showed it will work and be fantastic. Samurai Goroh best watch out - next time he overtakes I'm summoning Bahamut to take him down!

Easily my most anticipated cross-over ever!

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

gcunit

dionysos283 wrote:

Fun fact:
... it will be the longest gap between Directs ever: 183 days!

Untitled

Some things... We. Just. Don't. Joke. About. EVER!

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Grumblevolcano

@Rexenokid I'd guess mostly the former, look at the reactions to an indie presentation being announced for example. The comments are mostly stuff like "this is a sign that the proper direct is near", "where's the real direct" and "nobody asked for this".

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Anti-Matter

Well, it's look like the Direct will be on March 2020.
It's already 26 February 2020 here.

Anti-Matter

alpacatears

I think my reason for wanting a direct to come out is so that I can budget and plan in advance. I only like to spend a set amount of my wages for discretionary purchases like games. I tend to always really like Nintendo's first party games and they often get first preference. Not knowing what will be coming out over the next few months has me hesitant to buy some of the third party games that are currently available. If for example, I knew that I wasn't a fan of whatever is released in April or May, then I'd look at what else might fill the gap.

alpacatears

Grumblevolcano

No Direct announcement at 2pm UK time, getting ever closer to the first year since Directs started that there's been no general Direct in January or February (I'm counting 2018's Direct Mini as a general Direct as it was pretty much a general Direct that wasn't streamed).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

redd214

You guys got it wrong, wait until 6:72pm, that's when the announcement will come!

redd214

Dezzy

FragRed wrote:

@Grumblevolcano I think people are scared it’s going to be a repeat of 2018. A lacklustre year in many people’s eyes.

Exactly. This is the Switch's 4th year. It should be the absolute peak of its lifecycle, and yet things are very quiet. 2018 was understandable because they really blew their load in 2017 in order to get that early momentum. The same shouldn't be happening now though. So why is everything so quiet?

People seem to have also forgotten that they have both their console and handheld divisions all working on Switch games now. We should be getting the equivalent of the Wii U and 3DS libraries combined (obviously a single 3DS game doesn't translate into a single Switch game though).
I really thought that at this point in time it would be like the second half of 2019....all the time.

I'm not entirely sure why that hasn't happened!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Bucky

I'm not worried. I hear Pikmin 4 is nearly complete and should be released soon...

Edited on by Bucky

Bucky

Youre-A-Kid-Now

A Nintendo direct needs to happen soon. The 2020 year is so bare with only 2 or 3 major releases announced yet, and Nintendo should announce some things soon. Even though I hope with all my being that there will be an announcement today, I am pretty sure that that will not happen.

Haiku:

Nintendo Direct
We need there to be one soon
Please Nintendo... Please

Youre-A-Kid-Now

Bucky wrote:

I'm not worried. I hear Pikmin 4 is nearly complete and should be released soon...

Where did you hear this from? Or is it just a suspicion?

Haiku:

Nintendo Direct

Youre-A-Kid-Now

Past 3:00 pm UK time... (3:20 right now...)

Haiku:

Nintendo Direct

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy Probably HD development, Nintendo had trouble in the Wii U era because of the jump from standard definition (Wii) to HD (Wii U). Now this is happening with the 3DS side as 3DS is a standard definition console meanwhile Switch is HD.

Grumblevolcano

Bucky

Youre-A-Kid-Now wrote:

Bucky wrote:

Where did you hear this from? Or is it just a suspicion?

Heard it from Miyamoto himself

Bucky

Grumblevolcano

Wonderful 101 Remastered launches May 19th in NA and May 22nd in Europe.

Grumblevolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano I would understand that jump to HD being an issue as that’s what caused no end of problems and headaches during the Wii U period. However at least those teams now know how to develop games in HD, and the Switch architecture isn’t so archaic as that of the Wii U so it should be helping speed up development times. With the 3DS teams, they have had 3 years to get to know the hardware and how to create HD games. Maybe Nintendo could do with scaling up their studios with either another one or two acquisitions or just opening more if that’s what is needed.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic