Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 2,241 to 2,260 of 15,866

fortius54

I imagine they’ll have some sort of a Direct in March. At this point we really don’t have much after Animal Crossing. I’m a little surprised Pokémon is releasing the same month as AC. They could have held off until April for that one.

As it stands, it seems like there will need to be something that drops between the Direct and E3.

fortius54

Nintendo Network ID: mitchell_rsvl

DannyBoi

There may not be a direct this month. Unless they are having one on Thursday.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Dezzy

Ugh how tiresome Nintendo. Guess I'll go and buy a few PS4 games instead.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

DannyBoi

@Dezzy I know. It is getting irratating.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Grumblevolcano

@fortius54 April is the least important month of the year for Nintendo regarding game releases because that is when a new fiscal year starts so a game releasing in March adding extra sales to the current fiscal year instead of April adding sales to the new fiscal year looks a lot better in the April investor meeting. I'd imagine the most we're getting from Nintendo in April is DLC/updates like the next Smash fighter.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

redd214

@DannyBoi dude relax, it will happen eventually. Just be patient getting yourself worked up day after day after day is not going to make it happen any sooner, you're wasting your own time and energy. Take your mind off things by...... Playing some video games

redd214

Anti-Matter

@DannyBoi
Chills.
No need to feel irritate if there is no Direct at the moment.
While waiting the Direct, you can play other games you have.

Anti-Matter

DarkRula

Go relax and do some farming on your handheld. Take your mind off things and just be in the moment (and a tractor).

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Grumblevolcano

@Rexenokid I get why, nothing's happening after Animal Crossing and that is less than a month away. How much this affects people depends on how much backlog they have.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WaffleKnight

The last chance for one this week is Wednesday morning. They usually announce the livestream on their Twitter at 7 AM PST.

Verbose edgelord.

Playing NO MAN'S SKY.

Grumblevolcano

@WaffleKnight Given Pokemon Day celebrations, I'd say last chance for a Direct announcement is in 4 hours. The Animal Crossing Direct was announced at 10pm UK time which was different from the usual 2pm UK time announcements.

Grumblevolcano

link3710

@Grumblevolcano Yeah. We still have Trials of Mana, TW101, and uh... Supermash? With dates beyond March. But that's basically it, almost every game has a release by March 31st.

Which is fine by me, the Switch has soooo many games. But yeah, the release calendar hasn't been this bare since... Uh... Ever as far as I remember.

link3710

Dezzy

@Grumblevolcano

Lol have you been making me check the news at 2pm every day for no reason then?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

1UP_MARIO

Did I miss the direct. I went to the toilet

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano I think people are scared it’s going to be a repeat of 2018. A lacklustre year in many people’s eyes. And regarding Smash Bros, I think April is too early for next DLC fighter. I think Nintendo will save it for E3 when they’ll need all the announcements they can get.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

@link3710 I was talking about 1st party stuff but even if you also look at 3rd party, Trials of Mana is the only one with an actual release date (April 24th). Wonderful 101 is a guess of April based on reward tiers (no specific release date), December Indie World games are also not specific release dates for stuff past March (e.g. Supermash is May but not specific release date).

@Dezzy We don't know if Animal Crossing was a one off or the new setup, just keep an eye at both times.

@FragRed 2018 was fine until the 2nd half. Sure if you own a Wii U and didn't want to double dip it would've been boring but still by mid-January you knew the basic lineup for the first half which had Q2 a lot more packed than it is now:

February - Bayonetta 1+2
March - Kirby Star Allies
April - Labo
May - Tropical Freeze
Spring - Hyrule Warriors (confirmed to be May in March Direct), Mario Tennis Aces (confirmed to be June in March Direct)

Really the big downfall for first half of 2018 was the Dark Souls delay, the fact that a big 3rd party release was releasing the same day on Switch as the other consoles but then got delayed on Switch and released 5 months later. A similar situation of which happened with DOOM Eternal this year.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

link3710

@Grumblevolcano Yeah I was just pointing out that this extends to third party as well, far beyond the norm. No release dates at all in Q2 and beyond (besides Trials) is pretty weird.

link3710

FragRed

@link3710 Not just no release dates but a lot of yet to be announced third party games are being spotted getting ratings in various countries.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

IceClimbers

@link3710 Disaster Report 4 and Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 have specific release dates, but yeah past that the entire release schedule is a mystery.

There's several 3rd party releases that need updates that could very well be Q2 or early Q3 titles: SpongeBob, Lego Star Wars, Jedi Academy, Crystal Chronicles, Panzer Dragoon Remake...

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Tyranexx

1UP_MARIO wrote:

Did I miss the direct. I went to the toilet

YES. It was SO. AWESOME! They showed some new BotW 2 footage (though it was mostly a teaser still), came out with release dates for Bayonetta 3, Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, Bravely Default II, AND they surprise-dropped a demo for the newly announced F-Zero FFX that's due out in late 2020. They also announced that Pikmin 4 is officially in the works and have confirmed a new Pikmin Collection in the meantime (with a Fall 2020 window). They also had a Smash Ultimate segment that revealed the newest fighter (Non-Specific Action Figure).

Last but not least, they announced that Mother 3 is finally coming to the West.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic