Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 2,161 to 2,180 of 15,873

skywake

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@skywake New 3DS wasn't just about the c stick but also the extra power. It wasn't much more powerful but it was powerful enough for decent loading times in games like Smash and MH4U alongside more stable framerate in games like the Pokemon games.

The New 3DS was about putting extra momentum into regions that were starting to soften on the 3DS. With a change in hardware that was at that point almost no difference cost wise. Yes they did probably move the release of games/hardware to line them up but it would have been at the most weeks. Which is why the games that launch alongside hardware revisions seem to have super loose connections to the appeal of the revision itself.

Would BOTW2 make a great title to launch a "Switch Pro"? Of course. But if there's no Switch Pro this year and BOTW2 is ready to launch I doubt they'd delay BOTW2 specifically for a hardware revision. A Switch Pro launch is as valuable to Nintendo alongside BOTW2 as it is alongside pretty much any other first major release. And BOTW2 being ready and sitting on the shelf for a year is of absolutely zero value.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Dezzy

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@skywake New 3DS wasn't just about the c stick but also the extra power. It wasn't much more powerful but it was powerful enough for decent loading times in games like Smash and MH4U alongside more stable framerate in games like the Pokemon games.

Don't forget only the New 3DS played SNES VC games too. That was a pretty valuable feature to some of us.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

DannyBoi

If there is a direct next week, when do we think it will be?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Grumblevolcano

@DannyBoi Given no announcement on Friday, I'd guess announce on Monday to be on Tuesday with the type of Direct being Indie World. Nintendo hasn't announced their PAX East lineup yet so I'd guess either there's unannounced games in the lineup or they're going to follow Sony and cancel because of coronavirus.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DannyBoi

@Grumblevolcano Sabi and Zippo said two directs this month. And they hinted one of them was a general direct. With sabi getting a cease and desist from Nintendo, he was right.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Anti-Matter

The next Direct probably on the release date Sonic movie in Indonesia (26 February 2020)

Anti-Matter

GrailUK

I have a good feeling for next week. If I don't get more Xenoblade Chronicles news, Panzer Dragoon info and the Bioshock Trilogy getting confirmed, I might explo-

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Grumblevolcano

The "Where's the Direct?" spamming has calmed down a lot elsewhere after the Animal Crossing Direct was announced.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

Where's the Direct?

Octane

jtmnm

Where's the Direct?

jtmnm

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902 | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

The Direct is....
Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Select Start

Anti-Matter

StuTwo

DannyBoi wrote:

@Grumblevolcano Sabi and Zippo said two directs this month. And they hinted one of them was a general direct. With sabi getting a cease and desist from Nintendo, he was right.

I used to work for a company who were big on hiring ex-services officers. They once shortlisted a man who claimed to be ex-SAS. So they rang up to check references and got told “we can neither confirm nor deny that man ever worked for us”.

Naturally they took this as proof he’d worked there and gave him the job...

...and it later turned out he’d completely lied. He admitted it after he’d handed in his notice.

The moral of the story: 1 + 1 does not necessarily equal 42.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

Dezzy

@StuTwo

I don't think anyone's just taking the word of randomers on the internet. I think people are basing it on the fact that some of these people have correctly predicted things before.

One of those 2, I think it was Zippo, did specifically say Feb 20th for Animal Crossing.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

1UP_MARIO

Where’s the direct.

Barry said it was today.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Harmonie

You all are joking, but literally in the announcement for the AC Direct, I saw people complaining. Complaining about the lack of Smash information of all things. We had a Smash Direct last month, for crying out loud! Us Animal Crossing fans waited like eight months for any significant new info on the game (since the September Direct didn't show much new).

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Anti-Matter

The Direct is Somewhere Over the Rainbow 🌈

Anti-Matter

FragRed

@Octane I’m predicting part of the Direct will focus on Miyamoto sitting getting everyone excited about a new Pikmin game only to then laugh hysterically as he tears up all the documents and destroys the only computer with files for the first three games and the yet to release forth game and then just releases Hey Pikmin on the Switch without any resolution or graphical changes just to really rub salt into the wound

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic