Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 2,141 to 2,160 of 15,474

Octane

Zelda is coming this year. Mark my words.

Octane

NintendoByNature

If we dont get botw2 we'll at least get a zelda port.

I'd also love some cadence dlc with a newly inspired map of MM, zelda 1, or other.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

@link3710 I wouldn't be particularly. Platinum has a lot going on with Platinum 4 so Bayonetta 3 could be later than 2020, BotW 2 I think will launch alongside a new Switch revision (which Nintendo confirmed isn't happening this year) and SMTV is probably MIA until Atlus is finished with Persona 5 ports, spinoffs and sequels.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@Octane I mean, literally every portable system and all high selling consoles (top loading NES, SNES, Expansion pack/DD on 64, Wii) have gotten a notable revision, so chances are slim of it not happening here.

link3710

Anti-Matter

A lot of peoples are waiting for BOTW 2.
But, i'm waiting for A Knight's Quest in physical release (Switch or PS4 version, bring it on!)

Anti-Matter

Octane

@link3710 Isn't the Switch Lite already that though? Still, I don't see them holding back a game for just a revision. I don't recall the Switch Lite releasing alongside a prominent game.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@Octane
Switch - BotW
Switch Lite - Link's Awakening

So my prediction is: New Switch - BotW 2

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@Octane Oh I agree on the no holding back a game for a revision part, but the Lite is different. It's like the Wii Mini or 2DS in that it removes features instead of being an enhanced revision to become the new flagship model.

link3710

Octane

@Grumblevolcano I'll take it back then. But I think you're looking for patterns that don't exist.

Octane

NintendoByNature

@Anti-Matter looks pretty decent. I think it reviewed well on here. I actually would like to see when oceanhorn 2 makes its way to switch. I think it was confirmed for switch wasn't it?

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

@Octane Every version of a system has had a 1st party release alongside it like with 3DS revisions you had:

3DS XL - New Super Mario Bros. 2
2DS - Pokemon X and Y
New 3DS/New 3DS XL - Majora's Mask 3D
New 2DS XL - Hey! Pikmin, Miitopia

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

link3710

@Grumblevolcano While this is true, they just... y'know... seem to take the nearest game to release and align it with the release. Outside of the 2DS, (which was the same for the Lite dropping near Pokemon on Switch) none of those games have any connection to the hardware releasing.

link3710

skywake

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@Octane Every version of a system has had a 1st party release alongside it like with 3DS revisions you had:

3DS XL - New Super Mario Bros. 2
2DS - Pokemon X and Y
New 3DS/New 3DS XL - Majora's Mask 3D
New 2DS XL - Hey! Pikmin, Miitopia

Your last example kinda screws your point a bit. Also with the 3DS revisions the hardware released at different times alongside different software in each region which also breaks it. Eg the 2DS alongside X&Y? Makes sense, 2DS is a budget system and Pokemon is a mass appeal game. Same with Majora's Mask and the New 3DS given the camera controls.....

but the New 3DS launched earlier in Australia and here it launched alongside Pokemon OR/AS. Which doesn't really fit with what the New 3DS was about at all. It just happened to be the big release that was coming out when they wanted to launch the hardware here. I really don't think they hold onto software for hardware revision launches. Entirely new platforms? Sure, but not revisions.

@The_Korean
Some people take controversial stances purely so they can say they "think for themselves".....

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Grumblevolcano

@skywake New 3DS wasn't just about the c stick but also the extra power. It wasn't much more powerful but it was powerful enough for decent loading times in games like Smash and MH4U alongside more stable framerate in games like the Pokemon games.

So in the case of "New Switch", I think it would be powerful enough for BotW 2 to run at a stable 30fps throughout the game on both docked and handheld modes meanwhile playing on the base Switch a number of areas would run like Korok Forest in the original BotW. Similarly with Metroid Prime 4.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

klingki

@The_Korean I wouldn't pursue it. No matter what you do, there are always going to be people that don't like BotW, even though it is generally considered to be one of the best games of all time. Maybe they just want to troll, maybe they genuinely don't like it, but it's their opinion to have. Specifically with Anti, he's got his own set of values and preferences that are never, ever going to change (and that's totally fine), so there's no reason to bother with it. If you like BotW, that's all that really matters. Don't stress about what other people think.

Edited on by klingki

klingki

Anti-Matter

Do i have to play Zelda games to be called a Nintendo gamer ? ๐Ÿคจ
I have no interest with Zelda games, even i have bought BOTW 3 years ago but i still neglected the game.
But, i have interest with other games with some Zelda game vibes, created by 3rd party or indies.
The games like Evoland: Legendary Edition, Yonder the Cloud Catcher Chronicles, A Knight's Quest, etc are in my radar.
It's about matter of taste.
Just like i choose the best outfits for me.

Anti-Matter

klingki

@The_Korean I wouldn't say you're dumb! We're all passionate about games here. I just feel like getting people to change their minds on the Internet is a tall order. And again, specifically with Anti, you're going to be running into a brick wall, so it's not worth your energy.

I do agree with you though, BotW is fantastic! I've gotten almost 300 hours out of it and still haven't done everything!

klingki

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic