Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 2,101 to 2,120 of 15,859

Grumblevolcano

This pretty much deconfirms a general Direct for February 27th. General Directs take place at 5pm eastern time and there's always a Nintendo NY store live viewing for Directs but at that time on February 27th (and 28th) there's Pokemon Day celebrations.

@NintendoByNature Announcement on Friday, airing on Monday/Tuesday has happened a few times for Indie presentations but not for general Directs.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Heavyarms55

Guys relax. My ex-wife's 3rd cousin married the sister of the janitor who cleans the reception office at Nintendo of Bangledesh. She confirmed that the next Direct will be on February 30th! and will feature news about Metroid Prime 4 AND 5, Bayonetta 3 season pass, Call of Duty: Nintendo OPs, and Halo Master Chief Nintendo DX, which will apparently have a Mario red and blue armor set for Master Chief.

She also said the rumored Pokemon Stars, the Alolan remake for Switch, will be announced on Pokemon Day.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Heavyarms55

@Anti-Matter What's so funny!? My sister's boyfriend was born on February 30th!

@NintendoByNature Whoops! You're right, silly typo there. I meant her 4th cousin! Her 3rd cousin died in the Canadian invasion of Florida in 2007.

But regardless, this info is LEGIT!

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Anti-Matter

@Heavyarms55
Aah...
I got it.
You might be used a 31 days all months Calendar, so 1 year = 372 days. 🤣

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

Heavyarms55 wrote:

Guys relax. My ex-wife's 3rd cousin married the sister of the janitor who cleans the reception office at Nintendo of Bangledesh. She confirmed that the next Direct will be on February 30th! and will feature news about Metroid Prime 4 AND 5, Bayonetta 3 season pass, Call of Duty: Nintendo OPs, and Halo Master Chief Nintendo DX, which will apparently have a Mario red and blue armor set for Master Chief.

She also said the rumored Pokemon Stars, the Alolan remake for Switch, will be announced on Pokemon Day.

Untitled

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Dezzy

Xenoblade DE just got an age rating in Korea. That usually means it's nearly done:

https://nintendoeverything.com/xenoblade-chronicles-definitiv...

Definitely sounds like the Direct is quite soon. It could end up being their next big game. April/May perhaps?
Unless of course they let you get the age rating by just saying "it's exactly the same as the original, just go and rate that". In which case it doesn't mean anything.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

link3710

@Dezzy We know there's an entire brand new story area, any rating board should have at least requested information from that. I'm still on board with the idea that it's the big May release, with a surprise new game in June.

link3710

Dezzy

@link3710

We don't know for sure it's a new story area. They could be using it as a kind of end-game unlock where the new area just features a series of superbosses to fight. Or something like that.

I do hope it's integrated into the story though. In the original game they used that annoying teleport to skip the Shoulder area. It would feel more continuous if they insert it back into that place.

DannyBoi

Direct on Saturday perhaps😉😉😉😉😉

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Dezzy

I'm so excited to see how good the environments look. That's the absolute highlight of Xenoblade Chronicles, and from the limited amount we saw in the original trailer, it looks like they have been massively upgraded.

From what we saw, they've redone all the textures in higher resolution (which you'd pretty much assume for an HD remaster), but they've also remade the actual geometry with a higher polycount (see the Bionis Arm area in the trailer for an obvious example), added more detail (see the extra plants on the Arm), and also added new material shaders (see the reflective metal on Metal Face)

Tyranexx

Dezzy wrote:

Xenoblade DE just got an age rating in Korea. That usually means it's nearly done:

https://nintendoeverything.com/xenoblade-chronicles-definitiv...

Definitely sounds like the Direct is quite soon. It could end up being their next big game. April/May perhaps?
Unless of course they let you get the age rating by just saying "it's exactly the same as the original, just go and rate that". In which case it doesn't mean anything.

As mentioned earlier, they'd still have to scrutinize any new content. So I think this is a pretty good indicator that the game will show up before long. I'm banking/hoping for May or June.

I haven't played this game, but I've heard so much about it! I'm now glad I wasn't able to get a hold of the N3DS version and also didn't cave for the Wii U eShop download.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Octane

Does anyone remember Pikmin?

Octane

Ralizah

@Dezzy I'm just glad the character models aren't hideous in XC1 now. Also hoping they tinkered with the game design a bit and ditched the arts palette. It's so much nicer in XC2 just clicking a button and activating a skill.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NintendoByNature

My eshop credit is dwindling every day 😥. And here I was, hoping to enough for some shadow drop during a game type of game. Oh well.

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic