Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 2,021 to 2,040 of 15,474

DannyBoi

Nintendo: due to the coronavirus, we will be delaying some of our games. Because we do not want to bring the coronavirus DIRECTLY to you!

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Grumblevolcano

Less than 1 hour until we find out if a Direct is happening before Thursday evening.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Yoshi87

@troy258 I feel the same way – although it is kind of difficult to know. This is just a guess on my part, but I can’t think why they would otherwise delay the Direct given that the lack of game announcements is starting to be detrimental.

Nintendo’s share price is obviously dipping, and we all want some idea of what games are coming this year, so we have something to get hyped out. I know we have Animal Crossing – but personally I’m not really a fan of that series. Each to their own and I am pleased that many Switch fans are excited, but honestly, I am getting tired of Nintendo just keeping us all in the dark.

Even if we are just getting a few Wii U Ports to start off the year, that would be at least something to look forward to.

I just get the feeling that Nintendo is not being completely straightforward about how the coronavirus is likely to impact supply over the long term – it seems naïve to me to think that only the Switch hardware units will be affected by the current drought in electronic components coming out of China as opposed to game manufacturing generally as well.

I know people will ask why possible problems with cartridge manufacturing (if that is the case) will impact games, given that Nintendo could just distribute them digitally – for which they earn a higher profit margin. However, realistically speaking, lots of gamers only buy physical and also Nintendo needs its games to have a physical presence on retailers’ shelves to promote the Switch.

As such, I’m sure this is having an impact.

Yoshi87

TuVictus

Dezzy wrote:

Hmmmm youtube keeps recommending old Nintendo Directs to me for some reason.

I don't know if that's just the algorithm correctly predicting what I'm looking for based on my video choices, or if it's signalling the fact that something's on its way, like with their playlist being updated.

IIRC Youtube tends to recommend videos related to your interests that also are getting recent activity. So most likely people antsy for a new Direct are being active on former direct videos, leading to your recommendations.

TuVictus

Grumblevolcano

It's past 2pm UK time so no Direct until Thursday evening at the earliest. If it is on Thursday evening, the announcement will come tomorrow.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Anti-Matter

If the Direct not happening on beautiful numbers 2.0, last chance will be same day as new Mystic Pokemon reveal.

Anti-Matter

DannyBoi

@Anti-Matter They wouldn't have a direct on the same day as the mystic pokemeon reveal or day before it.

DannyBoi

Can we agree that something is going on at nintendo?

DAHstroy

A popular leaker says an Animal Crossing Direct is coming next week, I don't know if that means anything or not.

DAHstroy

Harmonie

@DAHstroy And weren't popular leakers saying that it would be on the 20th?

At this point, either the supposed leakers don't actually know what they're talking about or something is causing Nintendo to keep on delaying Directs. It's probably the former.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

troy258

@DAHstroy I that case I hope that we get an regular direct this week otherwise next week a lot of nintendo fans are going to be upset.

troy258

DannyBoi

@DAHstroy Didn't zippo say we were getting two directs this month? One of them being an animal crossing on the 20th.

link3710

@DannyBoi And you believe Zippo why?

@Yoshi87 Their share price is just fine. You need to look at it in context, not just the current direction. If it's coming back to a proper value after being overvalued, and approaching it at a very slow rate, that's exactly what you'd expect, and doesn't indicate lack of investor confidence.

EDIT: @Dezzy whoops missed your question. Simply put, the price spiked unreasonably before Christmas despite no news that should have caused it. As such, it would be natural for it to return to where it was before slowly starting to grow again. And keep in mind, the spike was nearly a month after Pokemon had launched. And to clarify unreasonably means compared to the earnings report at the end of January. Despite them performing above expectations, stock had risen to a value of the company equivalent to even higher earnings.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Grumblevolcano

Probably the most reliable thing we can go on is for the whole Switch era so far, Nintendo has done indie presentations before PAX so at the least we should be getting another Indie World this week or next week if Nintendo sticks with this.

Grumblevolcano

DannyBoi

Anyone know when the nes and snes games are coming? We have some maintence tonight, so it could be for the nes and snes games.

Edited on by DannyBoi

Octane

Where's Pikmin 4?

Octane

FragRed

@Octane It’s still nearly done

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

IceClimbers

I don't think any Directs were actually delayed. They just didn't have one planned until March at the earliest.

I stick by my prediction: a general Direct the second week of March, no dedicated Animal Crossing Direct.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic