Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 1,921 to 1,940 of 2,312

Dezzy

@Rexenokid

Well I don't normally pirate music, but with a video game I feel like it's part of the price of buying the game.

I mean you wouldn't consider it pirating if I just rewatched the in-game scenes where the music happens to be played, would you? Cos I have done that quite often actually. I like that interplay between music and a dramatic story scene.
It doesn't seem a whole lot different to me.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Rexenokid

@Dezzy
I listen to music on the commute every day. Having actual soundtracks makes things a whole lot easier then.

Anyway, back on topic: are you guys hoping for a new IP from Nintendo like I do? Something that can stand among the Mario, Zelda and Metroid games as a long running franchise with a returning protagonist? It's been ages since we got a new franchise like that.

Rexenokid

Anti-Matter

@Rexenokid
I really wish for ARMS 2 with more features.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4 (96)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (95)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (91)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Bunkerneath

F-Zero Switch please

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Neoguardian86

In my wildest dreams, I’d love to see a new Kid Icarus, if Atleast a port with adjusted controls of the Uprising game.

CURRENTLY PLAYING
Switch: Sonic The Hedgehog (Sega Ages), Sonic Mania, F-Zero (SNES on NSO)
WiiU:
New 3DS XL:

PSN : Neoguardian86 Steam : GhostinShell86

Switch Friend Code: SW-5194-5130-4929 | 3DS Friend Code: 5430-0557-6118 | Nintendo Network ID: Neoguardian86

Rexenokid

@Neoguardian86
Kid Icarus has so much potential as a franchise. It's crazy Nintendo aren't taking advantage of that.

@Bunkerneath
F-Zero would be a very welcome change of pace on Switch. It's been so long though. I've lost hope we'll ever see another one.

Edited on by Rexenokid

Rexenokid

OorWullie

@Rexenokid Yep, I'm hoping for a new IP and I think we're going to get one this year. Something big and totally out there, like Splatoon was on Wii U. ARMS is great and I really hope we'll get a sequel one day but it was never going to be a console defining game like Splatoon was. My money is on a racing game that isn't Mario Kart 9. Starfox GP fits the bill,I still believe in it.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Rexenokid

@OorWullie
Yeah, Arms definitely didn't live up to its potential. And while Splatoon is great and all in multiplayer, its single player content just didn't do much for me, which is still the most important aspect of a game for me.

That's why I'm looking forward to a new single player focused IP from Nintendo. A third-person action adventure franchise like Tomb Raider but more family friendly and with a unique Nintendo spin could be wonderful I think. But whatever Nintendo comes up with next, I'm sure it will be at least interesting.

Rexenokid

Grumblevolcano

So more insanity over no general Direct announcement for at least another 4+ days, eh?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoByNature

@Grumblevolcano They've announced directs on Friday for early to middle of the following week right?

Nintendo Switch Friend Code:SW-5367-2536-4308

Grumblevolcano

@NintendoByNature Indie presentations, yes and also a Smash Direct did get announced on a Sunday though a special case as it was an EVO announcement. Outside of those, don't think so.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

Yeah check out Twitter. Every tweet Nintendo makes is just people moaning about not getting a Direct. Even when Nintendo are promoting new games people are still moaning about no Direct. It’s only going to get worse.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

Matthew010

Honestly at this point I'd be surprised if we get one before March. A Direct in March would fit in nicely with a 2 month gap then E3 and a 3 month gap and then a September Direct. An Animal Crossing Direct I can see happening this month, however.

Matthew010

DannyBoi

I think there is trouble at Nintendo. They are being too quiet. No plans for 2020, longest we have gone without a direct, Eshop sales happening a lot. It's like they are trying to keep people interested until they sort out whatever the problem is. And I know that people shouldn't be demanding a direct on every twitter post that Nintendo does, but they could say something.

Edited on by DannyBoi

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

link3710

@DannyBoi You do know that this happens literally every year, right? Fanboys get overzealous and attack Nintendo on Twitter as soon as the turn of the year occurs and (per usual) there's no general direct. Which let's face it, this year we got WAY more in the gap than usual. A Pokemon Direct, a Smash 'Direct', and an Indie World during December and January, usually silent months? There's no reason to suspect anything's up.

link3710

FragRed

@link3710 It’s because people are worried about the lack of first party games after March. That and the fact it’s Twitter.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

DannyBoi

@FragRed For me, it's the lack of games in the first half of 2020 and no direct for getting on for 6 months now. They updated their direct playlist, so something is coming. But we don't know when.

1UP_MARIO

Somethings coming and it’s BIG.

BIG I tell you.

BIG

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

DannyBoi

@1UP_MARIO It's this week. No next week... Definitely the week after. Next month has to be it.

1UP_MARIO

@DannyBoi yep.

All you have to know for now is

It’s BIG

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic