Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 1,901 to 1,920 of 15,822

Matthew010

Honestly at this point I'd be surprised if we get one before March. A Direct in March would fit in nicely with a 2 month gap then E3 and a 3 month gap and then a September Direct. An Animal Crossing Direct I can see happening this month, however.

Matthew010

DannyBoi

I think there is trouble at Nintendo. They are being too quiet. No plans for 2020, longest we have gone without a direct, Eshop sales happening a lot. It's like they are trying to keep people interested until they sort out whatever the problem is. And I know that people shouldn't be demanding a direct on every twitter post that Nintendo does, but they could say something.

Edited on by DannyBoi

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

link3710

@DannyBoi You do know that this happens literally every year, right? Fanboys get overzealous and attack Nintendo on Twitter as soon as the turn of the year occurs and (per usual) there's no general direct. Which let's face it, this year we got WAY more in the gap than usual. A Pokemon Direct, a Smash 'Direct', and an Indie World during December and January, usually silent months? There's no reason to suspect anything's up.

link3710

FragRed

@link3710 It’s because people are worried about the lack of first party games after March. That and the fact it’s Twitter.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

DannyBoi

@FragRed For me, it's the lack of games in the first half of 2020 and no direct for getting on for 6 months now. They updated their direct playlist, so something is coming. But we don't know when.

1UP_MARIO

Somethings coming and it’s BIG.

BIG I tell you.

BIG

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

DannyBoi

@1UP_MARIO It's this week. No next week... Definitely the week after. Next month has to be it.

1UP_MARIO

@DannyBoi yep.

All you have to know for now is

It’s BIG

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

DannyBoi

@1UP_MARIO Which playlist on Youtube did they update, could you get a link for it?

Edited on by DannyBoi

link3710

@FragRed Oh I'm aware. But... quite frankly, I've been following Nintendo since the 90s. Letting things get down to the wire with nothing announced isn't new, it's just that the move to simultaneous worldwide releases over the last decade means we're now feeling it far more, whereas we used to know nearly a year ahead of time thanks to the usual 6-9 months delay in getting games after release.

link3710

FragRed

@link3710 It’s only been with the Switch that we have seen the end, nearly, to split releases. That’s pretty crazy. I just assume Nintendo has no plans for the rest of first half. Animal Crossing is the game they are placing their hopes on.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

DannyBoi

We should make an LA Noire case of this. The name of the case. DIRECT to murder.

DannyBoi

@link3710 The Nintendo direct for 2.13.19 and the one on february 13/14 2014 isn't there. Must have privatied it. On the Japan playlist.

Edited on by DannyBoi

link3710

@FragRed Heavily unlikely. We'll see something in May or June, no question. But Nintendo tends to treat June as the start of their ramp up, so I'm expecting that to be the month with something major, even if it's Xenoblade.

@DannyBoi Yeah, but I still suspect that just means we're getting an Animal Crossing specific direct next week.

link3710

DannyBoi

@link3710 Wouldn't the animal crossing direct be on the 20th though, cos of that animal crossing event? If they were having the direct today, it would make sense. As it is the 14th.

Anti-Matter

@DannyBoi
You know, i have found some upcoming Switch games from playasia even without Direct. 😉
Well.... some of them are Japan exclusive Switch games. 😅

Anti-Matter

gcunit

1UP_MARIO wrote:

Somethings coming and it’s LABO.

LABO I tell you.

LABO

FTFY

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic