Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 1,881 to 1,900 of 15,872

Tyranexx

I'd kinda like to see a Nintendo Direct soon as at the very least I want a release date for Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition. I'm not in a huge hurry though; my backlog is meaty enough as it is, plus there are plenty of retail Switch games I want to grab.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NotTelevision

Maybe we need some psychic to tell us Nintendo’s plans. Is Miss Cleo still available?

Edited on by NotTelevision

NotTelevision

link3710

Honestly, more than a release date I just want to know if they'll have a special edition for XC:DE with the full soundtrack included.

link3710

Dezzy

Is there any particular reason they need to be on tuesday/wednesday/thursday?

We seem to just have decided they should be. Is there any particular reason they can't have them on a Saturday?

Maybe less media at work to report on it. But then again, more people free to watch it.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Dezzy

@link3710

I don't get this interest over soundtracks at all. The whole thing is on youtube for free already. And if they redo any of the tracks, those will be on youtube within a week of launch.

link3710

@Dezzy That's pretty much exactly why from what we can tell. They used to do them on any day of the week back when they first started, but they seem to have decided that pissing off news outlets by suddenly making them work overtime on weekends wasn't worth it lol

I do remember back then there tended to be less or slower coverage, especially on weekend directs.

EDIT: Also yeah, what Rexenokid said. Plus, I like being able to own and rip tracks (legally), and put them on other devices. Plus then I don't need internet to listen (like in the car on my frequent work trips)

Edited on by link3710

link3710

DannyBoi

How do we know the playlist updated?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

DannyBoi

When their playlist is updated, how soon does the direct come?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Dezzy

@Rexenokid

Well no digital music is technically lossless though is it? Encoding something digitally necessarily creates a loss of accuracy.

I really can't hear the difference myself.

Edited on by Dezzy

link3710

@Dezzy Mmm well, yes and no. It's possible to store any frequency by sampling at a rate of twice what it's at.

Lossless just means it's stored with reversable compression, as opposed to Lossy, which is irreversable without changes.

But combine a sample rate that's as twice as high as the best speakers with a lossless storage system and you have the top quality music possible.

@Dannyboi Anywhere between later that day and 4-5 weeks out.

Edit: a better example might be images. JPEGs are Lossy, so they have artifacts when you look at them, the more compressed the more artifacts. PNG are lossless, so the image is always the same as expected. But neither has as much detail as the image does in real life.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Dezzy

@link3710

Yeah I wasn't aware that was the actual definition of what Lossless meant. I guess the old .wav files on standard CDs are technically Lossless then.
I was trying to be smart rather than checking the actual definition! Lol.

Dezzy

@Rexenokid

Well I don't normally pirate music, but with a video game I feel like it's part of the price of buying the game.

I mean you wouldn't consider it pirating if I just rewatched the in-game scenes where the music happens to be played, would you? Cos I have done that quite often actually. I like that interplay between music and a dramatic story scene.
It doesn't seem a whole lot different to me.

Bunkerneath

F-Zero Switch please

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Neoguardian86

In my wildest dreams, I’d love to see a new Kid Icarus, if Atleast a port with adjusted controls of the Uprising game.

CURRENTLY PLAYING
Switch: live A Live
Playstation 5: Assassins Creed Origins
Xbox Series X:
iOS: Final Fantasy 6 Pixel Remaster
3DS XL:

PSN : Neoguardian86
Steam : GhostinShell86

Switch Friend Code: SW-5194-5130-4929 | 3DS Friend Code: 5430-0557-6118 | Nintendo Network ID: Neoguardian86

OorWullie

@Rexenokid Yep, I'm hoping for a new IP and I think we're going to get one this year. Something big and totally out there, like Splatoon was on Wii U. ARMS is great and I really hope we'll get a sequel one day but it was never going to be a console defining game like Splatoon was. My money is on a racing game that isn't Mario Kart 9. Starfox GP fits the bill,I still believe in it.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Grumblevolcano

So more insanity over no general Direct announcement for at least another 4+ days, eh?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

@NintendoByNature Indie presentations, yes and also a Smash Direct did get announced on a Sunday though a special case as it was an EVO announcement. Outside of those, don't think so.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

Yeah check out Twitter. Every tweet Nintendo makes is just people moaning about not getting a Direct. Even when Nintendo are promoting new games people are still moaning about no Direct. It’s only going to get worse.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic