Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 1,641 to 1,660 of 15,474

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy Well there was a 16 minute Animal Crossing Direct in 2016 that was just about a free update for New Leaf (Welcome Amiibo). Whether there is one for New Horizons probably depends on when the next general Direct is. So like if a general Direct comes first with Animal Crossing spotlight then there's probably no Animal Crossing Direct meanwhile if an Animal Crossing Direct comes first, that may mean no general Direct until March/April.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Atomic77

I predict the big direct will be February 14, 2020. The day we show our love. Valentines Day.

Atomic77
Nintendo Switch OLED Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Edition Gamer

NintendoByNature

I'm in the same boat as I was last year. With each day that passes in January, I get a little bummed when no announcement of a direct happens. I remember sitting here thinking, "This year is going to be miniscule like it was for 2018." Then that February direct hit and blew my expectations away. And I even felt that 2019 was better than 2017, and botw is my favorite game on switch so thats saying something.

I guess my point is my hype level for a direct is at an all time high in the month of January and then once February rolls around, I relax a bit as I know a direct is bound to come soon. So that's where I'm at. I've moved on from the idea of a January direct, and I'm passively awaiting a direct in the coming months.

NintendoByNature

Dezzy

@NintendoByNature

I'm 90% certain this year will be better than 2018. 2018 was really bad for the second year of a new console. Smash Bros was pretty much the only AAA first party game. Unless you count the Xenoblade expansion.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

NintendoByNature

@Dezzy I'm not doubting it. 2018 was very poor, and I fully expect 2020 to be much better, in fact it already is and it just started. So I'm not too worried.

NintendoByNature

MuhBael

At this point Im looking forward to a Direct so bad I'm scared I will end up dissapointed if they don't show anything I want.

MuhBael

My Nintendo: Martin685

DannyBoi

It's Nintendo's investors meeting tommorow. Should be interesting to see what Nintendo say.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Dezzy

@NintendoByNature

How can it already be better? Nothing's been released yet.

Grumblevolcano

@MuhBael That is kind of what happened for me last year. Desperately hoping for a Direct and then when the Direct came, the lineup of games I wanted for the first half of the year was still as barren as it was before (Mario Maker 2 was announced for June but Fire Emblem Three Houses was delayed from Spring to July so net gain of 0, also was disappointed by the monastery stuff at the time).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoByNature

@Dezzy dmc3, megaman zx collection, metro redux, doom 64, pokemon mystery dungeon, and trials of mana In the first 4 months is a good start to me. Toss in animal crossing even though I'm not getting it and some would even say it's great

NintendoByNature

Agriculture

It has been 5 months since last proper Nintendo direct. We've of course had game specific directs, and indie directs, but it was all the way back on the 4th of September 2019 that they had a proper Nintendo direct.

Agriculture

Kyloctopus

Oh boy, Nintendo likes to keep us waiting. I kind've suspected it wasn't gonna be this week, due to the shareholder meeting, but a guy can dream.

I wonder if the coronavirus outbreak has Nintendo willing to delay a Direct. We've seen them delay announcements in relation to natural disasters in the past and with the Switch now fully released in China, with the assistance of Tencent, would they wait in hopes that in the coming weeks that the outbreak will be less of a threat?

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

link3710

@Kyloctopus I'd say it's unlikely to delay it. There's the issue of a lack of a clear timeframe to resolve and the fact that there's less that actively has to be done that it would act as a distraction. Thooough I also don't think one's planned for a few weeks until we get an AC one.

link3710

Dezzy

@Kyloctopus

I doubt China will get the same Directs as we do. Every non-Chinese product gets massively vetted by their "Ministry of Culture", and they force you to make quite a lot of changes (if Hollywood is to be taken as an example).

I'm guessing Nintendo do all of their China marketing entirely separately.

NotTelevision

Tencent really botched the launch of the Switch. Releasing only one game that is region locked and not having anything available on the digital storefront. Luckily it’s easy to get hardware and software from Japan and Hong Kong on Taobao and people seem wise to that.

NotTelevision

DannyBoi

I don't think Nintendo would delay a direct because of coronavirus. It's possible, but I don't think so. And I don't think China have directs.

Grumblevolcano

Unless it becomes a big problem in Japan, I doubt it. The Direct delay due to the earthquake was because the earthquake was in Japan.

It's clear that Nintendo's focus with January and February is Fire Emblem.

Grumblevolcano

DannyBoi

Bringing news DIRECTLY to you! Used to love Iwata saying that.

Octane

Where's mah Pikmen?!?

Octane

DannyBoi

Does anyone think we will get free games on SWITCH online eventually?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic