Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 161 to 180 of 1,209

Dezzy

The 2 most likely explanations is that it's either been cancelled, hence why they announced the Yoshi release date by itself, or they're waiting for one of the game trailers to be finished. Maybe Fire Emblem, given that that should be one of the main focuses.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

One rather interesting thing is that out of all the twitter announcements, only Yoshi reached the Switch news section. No Dragon's Dogma, no FFXII and no FFX/X-2 HD. Another thing to note is that Yoshi being put on the eshop on 22nd December or earlier (I noticed it on the 22nd) means the decision to give Yoshi a release date outside a Direct may have been decided last month.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

troy258

I think we still need a direct, in january or early february. Fire emblem three houses, daemon x machina, ninjala still don't have any release dates and I expect that they drop final fantasy 7 on the eshop right after the direct.
@Grumblevolcano I fully agree with the Yoshi argument.

troy258

DannyBoi

The Direct won't be big. Although Idid believe Yoshis crafted worldrelease date would be announced in the direct. And I think that the direct could be a late january air date.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

NintendoByNature

I'm thinking the direct might be pretty big since they revealed alot of good stuff already. Personally I don't see an incentive for them to release some info prior to a direct only to have a smaller one when all that into couldve been packed into a direct to make it even bigger. I also thought we wouldve had a direct by now though, so clearly I get things wrong haha

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

February makes this situation weird, if say Travis Strikes Again was February instead of this week I'd say probably this is it until April but that gap between Travis and Yoshi is unnatural by Switch era Nintendo standards.

If no Direct this week, I think they'll have a Direct in February where a small eshop exclusive like Mario vs. DK or Pushmo is an "available after the Direct" announcement.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

troy258

I still hope it's happening this week or next week, I would like to plan my purchases through the year and it's pretty hard if you don't have any release dates.

troy258

NintendoByNature

@troy258 tell me about it. I'm sitting on 3 zelda games and a few metroid games on Wii u that I want to buy right now but don't want to make a purchase without knowing what's in store for these first 6 months of 2019

Edit: what's in store for switch*

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

DannyBoi

When do they usually do them in january?

HobbitGamer

@nintendobynature Yeah, I still haven’t gone back to MP Trilogy after the first boss in 2, just because since September I’ve been wondering about a new Trilogy release. And I’ve never play Skyward.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

troy258

@nintendobynature I have the same problem, I also own a PS4 and I have games that i'm interested in that are not comming to switch (at this point) and I want to plan out which games to buy and play. For example I like the look of rage 2 but if they release fire emblem, I would rather pick up fire emblem that month.

troy258

Grumblevolcano

January Directs:
January 8th 2013 - Pokemon X & Y
January 23rd 2013 - Wii U
January 14th 2015 - Wii U & 3DS (New 3DS reveal)
January 12th 2017 - Switch Presentation
January 18th 2017 - Fire Emblem
January 11th 2018 - Mini

So if there isn't one this week there probably isn't one in January.

Grumblevolcano

DannyBoi

There is that private event at the Nintendo Store tommorow. If that has anything todo with it.

NintendoByNature

@JackEatsSparrows I'm thinking about other m and some of the gba ones. As for skyward sword and trilogy I think both are coming to switch but who knows.

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@troy258 I hear you. The only game on ps4 that has my interest peaked is re2 remake. But still I wana know so i can plan my year and budget properly.

NintendoByNature

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano They've had a similar gap before during the Switch era. Remember the 2.5 month gap between Xenoblade 2 and Bayonetta 1+2? At least this time around there's other non-indie stuff releasing.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers There was lots of DLC and post launch support happening between in December 2017 - February 2018. Xenoblade 2 extra quests and Blades, Luigi's Balloon World, Splatoon 2 maps and weapons, Champions Ballad, FE Warriors DLC, Pokken DLC, etc.

Meanwhile for now you have maybe Piranha Plant for Smash and 2 characters for Mario Tennis Aces.

Grumblevolcano

NintendoByNature

I dk.. I'm still hearing some guys on YouTube mention mp trilogy coming and possibly in February being mentioned in a direct. A couple are certain it was to be announced during the game awards show. Only makes sense to announce it this next direct if it was actually true

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic