Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 161 to 180 of 374

LilDoggo48

Whitewatermoose wrote:

So....what I truly believe in my heart. Do not come at me with pitchforks, just hear me out.

I think Nintendo probably has a non Switch 3ds successor this year. Is that VR, a kiddie system, or a smart phone? I have no idea.

I also think Nintendo may realize that they can not "win" this videogame war now with Google and Apple entering and may.be looking for a partner. I also feel this is what Sony is doing. It is not a Nintendo doomed thread. But, maybe they need help moving forward. If tv, movies, gaming and music are all converging into these services, that is not Sony or Nintendo's game. They do not have that type of money or infrastructure.

It is the same reason I feel both EA and to a lesser extent Zenimax (bethesda) is for sale.

I've always found the concept of a console or video game war kind of stupid to be quite honest. Different people enjoy playing different things and that's fine. Also first time hearing Apple and Google are doing video game systems. Interesting if true, best of luck to them I guess.

I don't think Nintendo really views things the way consumers or fans do. They aren't trying to "win" any war just make fun games and good products that people will want to buy and play, and for the most part they do that. As long as people stay satisfied with the switch and to a lesser extent the 3DS for whatever lifespan it has left, its fine.

As for mobile I see that as just some extra easy money on the side. Nintendo probably knew they wouldn't make nearly as much off of that as they would Switch or even 3DS annually. But it's a nice buffer even if it is a tiny one.

Anywho back on topic I don't know if there will or won't be a direct this month anymore but honestly i'm fine either way, the random Twitter reveals have been neat. (Do we call it a Twitter Direct I guess?) And i'm sure Nintendo still has a lot of surprises in store for us over the course of 2019 either way.

Eagerly Awaiting Animal Crossing for Switch!

Whitewatermoose

It appears Amazon, Google, and Apple are all entering with different types of devices. More centered around bundle of services. Getting TV, movies, and games too.

Also big news, Bungie and Activision have parted ways. I am not sure what that means for destiny going forward, but I think it means anything can happen now.

Whitewatermoose

Nintendo Network ID: whitewatermoose

Sadist

Man, Q1 is shaping up quite nicely; NSMB U Deluxe, Yoshi’s Crafted World, Tales of Vesperia, Travis Strikes Again, Dragon’s Dogma, Final Fantasy X/X-2, Final Fantasy XII, Mortal Combat 11...

Anyway, hearing several rumblings, I’m expecting a Direct on January 17th. There is one coming, I’m certain of it. No idea what they will announce though. More third party stuff I assume.

Sadist

Whitewatermoose

@Sadist

I heard the same today as well as new bundles. At this point though, I will believe it when I see it. I am interested in seeing if it is COD Blackout coming to Switch as they appear to be teasing it on the actual game on PC/Xbone/PS4.

I am also very interested in seeing if Nintendo was able to achieve decent Western AA-AAA 3rd party ports now that we are two years into the Switch.

I also want to see "Big Marring". Which I have heard is real, but not the actual name of the game.

Whitewatermoose

IceClimbers

@Whitewatermoose The western support was decent last year. Paladins, Fortnite, Arena of Valor, Warframe, both South Park games, Crash Trilogy, Wolfenstein II, Diablo 3, Civ VI (console exclusive!), Starlink, the yearly FIFA/NBA 2K/Just Dance, Lego games, etc.

This year already has Smite and Saints Row the Third as confirmed ports. On top of that we have multiple big new multiplats coming with Mortal Kombat 11, Trials Rising, Crash Team Racing, Wolfenstein Youngblood, and Doom Eternal. Off to a good start I'd say.

And if a certain rumor is true, then Doom Eternal is going to receive the ultimate promotion from Nintendo.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Whitewatermoose

It is a great start for sure. My hope was for a full well rounded catalog. I am not sure if that happens, but it would be great if it did. Time will tell. I wanted the catalog to be more like 3rd party Gamecube and less 3ds but, that may be expecting too much.

Whitewatermoose

Grumblevolcano

I think if 3rd parties are going to take Switch seriously this year that Smash is involved, the bigger 3rd parties gain nothing in normal circumstances for releasing Switch versions at the same time as PS4/XB1 versions.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

nintendobynature

Man I just sat here thinking.. how great it would be for a direct to drop right now. I can actually enjoy a beer and watch it live since they're usually in the mornings or early afternoon where i live.

nintendobynature

Agriculture

nintendobynature wrote:

Man I just sat here thinking.. how great it would be for a direct to drop right now. I can actually enjoy a beer and watch it live since they're usually in the mornings or early afternoon where i live.

Morning beers are the best

Agriculture

nintendobynature

@Agriculture haha im not saying you're wrong, but I think my boss would have a problem with me enduldging in the AM lol

nintendobynature

Whitewatermoose

some Twitter "insiders" and leakers are stating the Direct is now coming Jan 17th. So, as always. Take with a grain of salt and we will find out in one week.

It is also the reveal day for Mortal Kombat 11, so I don't know if it makes it more or less likely then.

Whitewatermoose

Dezzy

Whitewatermoose wrote:

It is also the reveal day for Mortal Kombat 11, so I don't know if it makes it more or less likely then.

Reggie: "So that's Kirby's Epic Yarn, coming soon. But now.....have you ever wanted to rip someone's spine out through their ass?"

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

IceClimbers

@Whitewatermoose Who are the insiders?

The only insiders I'd pay any attention to are the Era insiders (Emily, Nate, Matt, Vern) and the GameXplain crew, particularly Jon.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Whitewatermoose

@IceClimbers alleged people with connections to Nintendo.

I find Emily, Nate, Matt, and Vern and Jon far more credible, but also "spin" machines for Nintendo at times.

Either way I am over it, Nintendo needs to show their hand at some point, but for now, I choose to believe that "new" Nintendo is the same the "old" Nintendo. I think they ride off the success of Smash and New Mario Bros U a bit longer.

Honestly, If I was in charge, I would probably due the same. Then come out swinging in Feb with stuff to announce.

We will find out when we find out.

Edited on by Whitewatermoose

Whitewatermoose

TheAwesomeBowser

Good things come to those who wait. Just putting this here so fellas don't overhype something that might not even happen.

Check out my Mario Maker troll level! Level code: 4CDF-0000-03CE-3189

PikPi

eh, that's inevitable. Once the direct does air you always see people start wondering when the next one will be. It's a never ending cycle.

PikPi

bluemage1989

I would love a Direct right now but at the same time I like that Nintendo are playing with expectations by not putting one out when we all expected one.

@Whitewatermoose that while Big Marring thing sounds familiar but not quite sure. You couldn't tell me more about it could you??

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Switch:Super Smash Bros: Ultimate, Mario Odyssey and The Banner Saga Trilogy.

N64: Top Gear Rally.

SNES: F Zero

Whitewatermoose

@bluemage1989

So BIG Marring showed up on 4chan, and I believe reddit or Reset almost a year ago.

I don't think this is private knowledge, but we all know Fire Emblem was initially planned to release in 2018 and it was delayed. I assume because the developers needed more time. Anyway, around the time of that Fire emblem trailer reveal all these things started popping up for something called Big Marring!

Someone created a Mario looking logo and made it look like a Nintendo Direct leak...what people didn't understand was the person who leaked the information didn't speak native English and something was lost in translation. Marring means "to spoil" in English. So the person was saying Big Spoiler.

They never revealed what the title was. Just said it was a big Spoiler. Lots of "insiders" have speculated that the game is indeed real and it was a 3rd party exclusive Nintendo paid for. Possibly as far back as Wii U. Starlink mind you started as a Wii u title and shifted development. Some have speculated it is made by Platinum, some others have said EA. So, IMO people are fishing here.

Allegedly Big Marring is set to be revealed in 2019. I have heard the same. I have no idea what it is though. We could all speculate that it is this game or that game. I have a few personal thoughts on what it could be, but I truly have no idea.
Again though, it appears to be real, and revealed sometime this year. Probably E3.. I fully expect Nintendo returns to e3 this year in person and not in direct format.

Whitewatermoose

bluemage1989

@Whitewatermoose whatever it may turn out to be I'm certainly intrigued but its hard to know what's real in this modern gaming world of leakers, insiders and analysts.

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Switch:Super Smash Bros: Ultimate, Mario Odyssey and The Banner Saga Trilogy.

N64: Top Gear Rally.

SNES: F Zero

Whitewatermoose

@bluemage1989

I absolutely agree. I like to think I hear more than most but, I don't really share. Some stuff i am hearing now is really out there, and can not possibly be true.

You almost wonder if people are purposely putting out false information.

• Or that people are so desperate for attention they seek it out online since we don't communicate as much in person anymore as a society. -

Whitewatermoose

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic