Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 1,561 to 1,580 of 15,873

Anti-Matter

I said the Direct will not be aired before the year of Golden Mouse, after 25 January 2020 for Chinese New Year.

Anti-Matter

DannyBoi

I don't think there will be dire. this year. Nintendo sent out a games roadmap in an E-mail. I think they will not do directs anymore. They will announce games that are coming out on Socail media and do things like the roadmap they sent out

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

MuhBael

@DannyBoi won't do Directs anymore? That's as crazy as Nintendo putting one of its exclusives on PC

MuhBael

My Nintendo: Martin685

link3710

@DannyBoi For the record, they release a minimum of two infographics every year. One in the winter, and one after E3, but also sometimes one in Spring or Fall.

For reference, here's the first 2017 one we received since Toy_Link posted the second one. https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/06/nintendo_infographic...

Keep in mind, none of these infographics have ever contained any new information, nor have they ever hinted at directs coming or not. The one thing we can gather from this is that there likely won't be any additional major titles added to the schedule in February or March (no surprise) and probably not April either. Though Panzer Dragoon and Outer Worlds are both possible for any of those months of course.

Also, looking back at that topic, found the first comment was SLIGEACH_IRE posting a video on how MH World was proof Capcom wasn't going to release another game on Switch. Memories lol

link3710

TheAwesomeBowser

No sign of an announcement. F in the chat bois.

Own up to Joy-Con Drift, Nintendo. We all know it's your fault

MuhBael

Let's pray for a February Direct

MuhBael

Anti-Matter

@DannyBoi
Why so impatient ?
Even you are not getting upcoming Switch games right now, there are a lot of things you can do.
I'm not worried with upcoming Switch games on 2020 because i have planned to buy some of quite interesting Switch games not on Day One. I can buy them later while i'm building my games library on other gaming devices (Retro games, other machines i don't have yet)
I am also keep delaying some of previous release of Switch games until i got right time to buy them since i know i have very low interest with them but still want to play them.
I will not upset just because there is no Direct at the moment.
I'm sure the Direct will appear soon.
Just only matter of time.
Btw, do you play other gaming devices, right ?

Anti-Matter

Magician

As more time passes the more I believe Nintendo is really really going to lean heavily on Animal Crossing. Looking at the practically empty release schedule for Switch past March is nerve racking. At the same time this is all exquisitely exciting. A platform as popular as the Switch, not yet halfway through its lifecycle, has so few games scheduled for release from April to December?

It's unheard of.

I can only surmise that developers and publishers are either scrambling to port their back catalogue to the Switch, or too busy with PS5 and Xbox Series X development. I hope it's the former and not the latter.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

MuhBael

Exciting? Anyway I have plenty enough to play this year and I'm sure more ports will come in due time so I'm calm

MuhBael

Magician

MuhBael wrote:

Exciting? Anyway I have plenty enough to play this year and I'm sure more ports will come in due time so I'm calm

Absolutely exciting. With the release schedule being so empty, surely there will be a surprise or two unveiled during the next Direct. Since the Switch is my all-time favorite port machine, I eagerly await any and all possible third party announcements. It's really unfortunate that EA doesn't think much of the Switch as a platform, that locks off quite a few great non-sports games from ever appearing on Switch.

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

MuhBael

Yeah, what's with that? I thought EA would be all over the Switch but apparently they don't care. Does Nintendo and EA have a fight going on?

MuhBael

DannyBoi

@MuhBael Some developers treat the Switch as a secondary system. Which it isn't. It has just as much right to stand alongside the Xbox One and PS4. EA is EA.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Magician

MuhBael wrote:

Yeah, what's with that? I thought EA would be all over the Switch but apparently they don't care. Does Nintendo and EA have a fight going on?

I assume Nintendo and EA's business relationship was damaged due to the Wii U's lack of success. To their credit, EA backed the Wii U strongly in the beginning. Need for Speed Most Wanted, Mass Effect 3, and Madden 2013. But EA quickly abandoned the Wii U once it failed to match the Wii's sales figures.

Now Nintendo fans only get lazy FIFA ports and the scant few indie games EA generously publishes once or twice a year. sigh I remember when EA used to care about video games as a form of entertainment rather than seeing them as an investment opportunity.

link3710

@Magician When... exactly was that? I don't recall EA every not being the mess it is.

link3710

MuhBael

@Magician To be fair that new Star Wars game was pretty cool.

MuhBael

rallydefault

@link3710
EA's not a "mess." That's just internet hype.

Sims, Dead Space, Dungeon Keeper, Fifa, Titanfall... EA has some awesome franchises, storied (Dungeon Keeper... ah the memories) and current.

rallydefault

Magician

link3710 wrote:

@Magician When... exactly was that? I don't recall EA every not being the mess it is.

For me, up until 2012 (Mass Effect 3 and Need for Speed Most Wanted) was the last time I had a great time with an EA published game. Looking at their games list I can't recall a memorable experience after that. Although I have Titanfall 2 and Unravel 2 on the backlog.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/company/619-electronic-arts

link3710

@rallydefault Uh.... Sims was made by Maxis back when the games were good (Sims 1 & 2), Bullfrog Productions made Dungeon Keeper, FIFA is a microtransaction filled mess, Titanfall 1&2 were made by Respawn Entertainment, and I'll give you Dead Space (I think, I know nothing about it), not that I've ever played it. They just bought out the companies you're talking about that made those games at some point after they were made, they didn't make them with their own internal studios.

link3710

Dezzy

Say what you want about EA, but Titanfall 2 and Jedi Fallen Order are 2 of my favourite games of this generation.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic