Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 1,541 to 1,560 of 15,822

MuhBael

@Octoguy Yes please the last Kirby game was incredibly disappointing

MuhBael

My Nintendo: Martin685

link3710

@MuhBael The good news is if they reuse that engine (which they usually do for a few games on each system), the mechanics are super good and they have a ton of playable characters already built.

If the next one focuses on making a good single player adventure with optional co-op instead of the other way around, I think we could see something really special. Especially since the DLC swung back around to good level design from the blah base game.

link3710

Atomic77

@MuhBael that’s exactly what I was thinking. I had Chinatown GTA on my DS. Back when I had a DS.

Atomic77
Nintendo Switch OLED Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Edition Gamer

MuhBael

@link3710 I remember falling in love with Kirby because of The Crystal Shards in the N64. I wish they could do something like it again but sadly the main developer disappeared from the face of the earth

MuhBael

Octane

@MuhBael HAL? They're still around.

Yeah, Kirby 64 was pretty neat, but I also liked the yarn kirby and the Wii U clay kirby. The Switch game and return to dreamland feel like the NSMB entries of Kirby; just very safe entries and kinda boring, and simple aesthetics.

Octane

NintendoByNature

My first experience with Kirby was his first outing on the gameboy and was a favorite of mine as a child. I really didn't play a Kirby game again til triple deluxe and it was only for a couple minutes. Star allies was after that and i liked it, but didn't love it. It was a pretty game to look at but bland gameplay wise. I'd love another entry though to see where they take it next

NintendoByNature

RR529

Planet Robobot was brilliant. I hope we get another Kirby like that, in that it's built upon the core series gameplay, then adds another layer on top with the Robobot gameplay (or whatever twist they come up with next).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Harmonie

@MuhBael Yeah, I adored Kirby 64. I don't know if it was because of the gameplay or something more shallow like the dynamic 3D environments (with a camera) that have been lacking from every Kirby game since, but I have never really enjoyed any other Kirby game I have tried.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

FragRed

@MuhBael Chinatown Wars was specifically made for portable handhelds at a time when developers would create different games for these devices to the home consoles. You won’t find Rockstar doing that today.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

link3710

I grew up playing Kirby: Super Star as much as possible. I'm pretty sure i've beaten that game dozens of times now since the save files had a tendency to vanish on me. Ultra is still my favorite game to this day.

But yeah, I always enjoy the series tendency to try something new. Even if, with Star Allies, the ally system was just fundamentally flawed, at least they tried it.

That's why I consider Star Allies far above NSMB in terms of experiementation. The systems in the game were all brand new, the aesthetic, though mild compared to other titles, was incredibly out there in terms of what it depicted. I mean, the ancient temples, strange loops in the background, realm of darkness, distant planets, they all had their own styles we'd never seen before in a Kirby game.

link3710

NotTelevision

I want to like Kirby more. I loved the character. Kirby’s Adventure was a real revelation on the NES, Dreamland was also a beautiful looking on the GB. I think I find the gameplay a bit too laid back now, as I want more of a threat with the enemies. I can’t see them doing something really radically different with Kirby, at this time at least,

NotTelevision

Sisilly_G

MuhBael wrote:

Didn't GTA Chinatown Wars came out very late into the DS life cycle? I say there's still a chance we'll see a GTA for the Switch

It wasn't quite "very late", it was in 2009, and coincided with the release of The Lost and Damned expansion for GTA IV, if memory serves.

It was also designed from scratch with the DS in mind, though it was ported to the PSP later that year (which I never understood as Liberty/Vice City Stories were already available on the system) and mobile some time after that.

A complete edition of GTA IV with the two expansions on a single cartridge would be amazing and mark the portable debut of the game, and a port of GTA V some time after will see the game topping charts for some time yet.

I would also love a complete collection of the III series games, including ports of the PSP "Stories" games.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

link3710

@StephanDLW Mhm, they'll always have the niche of being fun to playthrough with people who don't otherwise play games. Though one's like Woolly World and Planet Robobot make it clear it's possible to walk the line of accessible to newcomers and fun for veterans for either series.

link3710

rallydefault

@StephanDLW
I've beaten some tough platformers, and Yoshi games are pretty much always fun for me. Some of them are even a bit tricky at certain parts. Crafted World's post-game is a good example, actually.

rallydefault

link3710

@StephanDLW Nah I knew what you meant, I was just sharing my own thoughts and experiences as well.

link3710

MuhBael

@Silly_G As much as I would love a GTA 4 port that's very unlikely because of all the problems the game has had these couple of years. You know with the music and stuff. I see a port of GTAV more likely but who knows really. Does anyone know if L. A. Noire sold well?

MuhBael

rallydefault

@StephanDLW
It's totally fine. Some Yoshi stuff I don't like. Beat Wooly World but didn't truly get into it.

Speaking of Animal Crossing, I always try to get into those games but I can't. I like the aesthetics but the gameplay is just like ultra-slow harvest moon to me. I'm finally gonna be honest with myself and not get the new one.

rallydefault

Sisilly_G

MuhBael wrote:

Does anyone know if L. A. Noire sold well?

I hope not as I do not want publishers to be rewarded for skimping on cartridges.

I did eventually cave in and pick up L.A. Noire for AU$28 sealed as I suspected that it had gone out of print and this would have been my last chance to pick up a new copy, but I would have preferred to wait and pay even less if I had suspected that the game was still in print.

It's a great game and a great production, but it's shameful that they would skimp on the cartridge like that. I would have more than happily paid full price otherwise.

DOOM/L.A. Noire/Wolfenstein have been exceptions that I have made, but now that I have a gaming PC, I will be even less open to buying any further games that skimp on the cartridge.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Atomic77

Animal Crossing is cool. It was my first ever game on the DS back in the day.

Atomic77
Nintendo Switch OLED Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Edition Gamer

Grumblevolcano

Seems the main thing about announcement timings are the Directs around 2pm UK time are announced 2 days before but the ones later on in the day (e.g. the normal Directs and the Mario Maker 2 Direct last year were at 10pm UK time) are announced a day before.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic