Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 1,521 to 1,540 of 15,807

rallydefault

I don't know, April is a pretty long ways to not reveal what's coming up for the rest of this year.

I guess I'm in the minority in thinking the first half of the year is pretty barren, though: I'm not an Animal Crossing fan. So, yea, I don't have that big "Spring game" to look forward to like I do most years, so I'm bummed. I'm sure I'll boot up Fire Emblem for the DLC, and I'll keep doing my Mario Maker thing like I always do between games, but sadly nothing big to look forward to on my Switch for the next while.

So, for a person like me, a Direct sooner rather than later would be great.

rallydefault

NintendoByNature

@rallydefault it's pretty barren for me too. I'm not an AC fan either. So I just have a few games lined up for q1 thus far. Dmc3 megaman zx collection and possibly metro redux.

April is trials of mana

NintendoByNature

rallydefault

@NintendoByNature
Oh, that's good that Trials is April. I'll definitely get that. Metro is a big maybe. I have one of the Metro games on PC and it never really hooked me, but to be fair I didn't really give it my attention much.

Other thing I was thinking was doing the Assassin's Creed ports for the next couple months. I played through the second game and one of the expansions back when they first came out, so I could pick up with 3 on Switch. I have a 25$ Amazon gift card, so I'm gonna wait a couple weeks and see if it goes on sale.

Mana Collection is another possibility, but I feel like I'd buy it and not enjoy it as much as I'm imagining. That tends to happen with super old games: nostalgia is a powerful thing lol (talking more about the first two games of the collection)

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

NintendoByNature

@rallydefault trials is a pretty big release for me even though I never played the original..i have the collection on switch but only played the first 2 games in the collection. So it'll be a brand new experience for me in April.

For the assassins creed games, I have both the releases on switch. Played thru liberation already, only part of 3 since i got side tracked from the witcher 3, and I have the untouched rebel collection awaiting me when I'm done with the witcher. I actually nabbed it for like 22 bucks on Amazon when it went on a sale a few weeks back.

So i have alot to play atm, but i would like to know what's up for the year, and therefore a direct would be helpful. My current backlog will keep me busy until March/April anyway, but still.

NintendoByNature

Xyphon22

@rallydefault Everyone is different so you might have a different experience than me, but I had never played any of the Mana games other than a few minutes of the second one on the SNES Classic once, but I really enjoyed the first game on the collection (it's the only one I've played so far). It's action battle system with the enemies on the map made it much more enjoyable than most older RPGs that have random battles every 5 seconds. I'd say if you like the genre, give it a try, especially if you can get it on sale for $20 which I see frequently.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

link3710

@rallydefault Yeah, my big spring release was Doom: Eternal and well... We all know what happened there. That said, I do have more than enough backlog to last me, plus some small games over the next couple months to check out.

Anyways, as much as I'd love a Direct next week to flesh out the schedule, I'm saying April because I think it's the most likely date, not because I like it.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

@rallydefault Well first half of 2019 was very barren even with the February Direct, first half of 2020 is already more full and there hasn't been a general Direct yet. Main thing that's missing compared to previous years is that June game (ARMS, Mario Tennis Aces, Mario Maker 2) though that could end up being Xenoblade.

I really hope the next general Direct comes soon though I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo's quiet for awhile.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Atomic77

I predict that the announcement of the Next Nintendo Console will be coming soon. I also wish they would come up with some kind of GTA game for the Switch.

Atomic77
Nintendo Switch OLED Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Edition Gamer

BruceCM

The next console, @Atomic77 .... ? Switch will be going for a few years yet!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

MuhBael

@rallydefault I wouldn't buy AC3 if I were you, I heard the port isn't very good. Now Assassin's Creed Collection is great, especially Black Flag

MuhBael

My Nintendo: Martin685

MuhBael

@Atomic77 If Nintendo is smart they'll wait a little bit longer before announcing the new Switch. As for GTA I agree. I have no idea what is Rockstar waiting for to port a GTA to the Switch. It would sell like hotcakes

MuhBael

FragRed

@MuhBael I think the reason is likely that the Switch isn't going to be powerful enough to run the online portion the way the current systems can, and since online is where Rockstar is making most of their money now with that game, it makes sense to just focus on supporting that aspect on the PS4/Xbox One and PC.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

DarkRula

And they also don't seem interested in porting the 3D era games to newer consoles, which is also lost money. People always talk of loving San Andreas and Vice City, and I'm sure plenty of people would buy those were the ported.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

rallydefault

@Grumblevolcano
See, I'm not a Xenoblade fan, either... I have the one on Switch, but I haven't even finished it lol Just something about it not jiving with me. I figured out the battle system, and that's honestly not what I don't like about it. The aesthetics, I think, and I'm not really connecting with any of the characters, and in an rpg that's super important for me.

@Xyphon22
Yea, that's what makes me still think about getting it. I tend to like action combat more than menu-based. It keeps hovering right around 26 bucks on Amazon, but I've seen it for 20 pretty regularly. I'll wait a few more days and maybe I'll go for it.

rallydefault

MuhBael

@FragRed yeah I thought so too but Rockstar already made tons of money from GTA Online so I think they could simply port GTAV without much issue

MuhBael

Atomic77

There is a lot the Switch can do. It has games like doom and diablo 3. So I still think it is possible to do it. There was a GTA on the Ds if I remember right.

Atomic77
Nintendo Switch OLED Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Edition Gamer

MuhBael

@Atomic77 yeah Im sure we'll eventually get a GTA sooner or later. It would be a crime for the Switch not to get one

MuhBael

FragRed

@Atomic77 @MuhBael Call me pessimistic, but I think if we were to get a GTA game, it would have come to the Switch by now - the system has sold approximately 50 million and they haven't done anything other than LA Noire and that was in 2017. Take 2/Rockstar are going to be focusing more and more on online gaming I feel moving forward and the Switch isn't powerful enough to support it the way other consoles can.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

MuhBael

Didn't GTA Chinatown Wars came out very late into the DS life cycle? I say there's still a chance we'll see a GTA for the Switch

MuhBael

DarkRula

I'm thinking early February for the Animal Crossing Direct, with the general Direct sometime in the second week.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic