Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 1,501 to 1,520 of 15,822

Heavyarms55

@rallydefault I was absolutely being serious. Your reasoning was so surprising to me that I thought I was misunderstanding you. You ask if you were being punked, but here I am feeling like you must be trolling me.

You actually don't want games made that other people like, because you don't like them? That doesn't seem a tad selfish?

The games industry is huge, there are literally thousands of developers around the world churning out thousands of games every year. There's room for games for everyone.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Bucky

Assuming the Smash character is Dante, I'm guessing that he will be made available on January 30th and that the next direct will be on February 13th which will include news about a special feature in DMC3 exclusively for Switch (maybe something Bayonetta related) based on the remaining dates that the DMC producer teased

Edited on by Bucky

Bucky

Grumblevolcano

I'm torn between January 30th and February 13th for the next Direct. Nintendo could be doing all these things separately to make sure they're not drowned out by the sound of next gen and inevitable teraflop discussions (you can already see the debates about rumours regarding which is more powerful between PS5 and Series X and those are just rumours).

So I think it could be that the entire month is Directs:

• January 9th - Pokemon Direct (Sword/Shield DLC and Mystery Dungeon DX announced)
  • January 16th - Smash livestream (5th Fighters Pass character announced, maybe more?)
  • January 23rd - Animal Crossing Direct (Shows off a lot more about New Horizons which we don't know that much about despite release March 20th)
  • January 30th - General Direct (no Pokemon or Animal Crossing info because Directs already happened for those, Smash info is on Fighters Pass 2)

But I could see instead something like:

• January 30th - Nintendo announces a new mobile game and that gets its own presentation
  • February 6th - Indie World
  • February 13th - General Direct

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Anti-Matter

2020 is a beautiful number.
Nintendo Direct on 20 February 2020 everyone ?

Anti-Matter

NotTelevision

I was going to bite on the Steam version of Disco Elysium, but I get the feeling that one is definitely coming to Switch. Text heavy games I’d rather play in the comfort of my bed or on the balcony. The game also has low specs for the PC, so getting it running would be easy.

My prediction is that we see it featured on the next direct.

NotTelevision

MuhBael

@Octoguy Funny you mention 2018 because that year was really bad except for a few exceptions like Outlast and Smash. Im still hoping for that Nintendo Direct to come this month.

MuhBael

My Nintendo: Martin685

link3710

Fire Emblem: Three Houses DLC is now out for the next Direct, they just posted the full reveal on youtube. It's coming out in February too, surprisingly enough. Still not expecting a direct til April but I'll admit Byleth being the DLC character would explain why they didn't want the bad press in a direct if there is a February one.

link3710

Anti-Matter

I didn't even watch the last Direct just now.
I knew it will drive me upset from what contents revealed.
I don't need to know, even if i accidentally knew and saw from the articles above, i quickly scroll the page, roll my eyes and pretend they don't exist and will never bothering me.

So, i just wait for another Direct that focusing on Animal Crossing New Horizons and other Nintendo Switch games.

Anti-Matter

1UP_MARIO

@Anti-Matter it wasn’t really a direct anti. I thought you don’t like smash. Why would it upset you. It was a character reveal.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Anti-Matter

@1UP_MARIO
Just take a look the latest additional Mii costume from Ubisoft.
I saw something from rated Mature games.

Anti-Matter

1UP_MARIO

@Anti-Matter oh it was only a costume but I guess you have your views.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Grumblevolcano

@link3710 I'm starting to lean towards your April general Direct idea:

• January 17th - TMS#FE Encore
  • January 28th - Byleth as DLC for Smash Ultimate
  • February 12th - FE Three Houses story DLC (the 4th house path is probably as long as the others?)
  • March 6th - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX
  • March 20th - Animal Crossing New Horizons

Between these, LM3 DLC (Pack 1 comes sometime before 30th April), Mario Maker 2 3.0 and 3rd parties Nintendo could probably make do with no general Direct before April provided there's a mobile game announcement around January 30th to satisfy investors.

EDIT: Nintendo could even announce Brain Training in NA for April and then problem solved also on the retail front.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MuhBael

@Anti-Matter Sorry but i still don't understand what made you dislike this Smash Direct so much

MuhBael

link3710

@MuhBael Altair showed up as a costume (without even referencing Assassin's Creed somehow), and anything that was ever in an R rated game they hate with a passion.

And yeah, that's what I was thinking. The next quarter is literally packed with stuff happening every 2 weeks, they don't need to draw attention away from that right now.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

RR529

I'll admit to wanting a Direct simply for the hype & excitement, when in reality I don't really need them to announce anything new for awhile.

I'm in the middle of Torna, recently obtained Blade Strangers & SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy (I got them more to play when inbetween other things, so I've barely scratched the surface of either of them), and there are still many things out I want to play such as New Super Lucky's Tale, Daemon X Machina, Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz HD, the plethora of RE games (which is a series I've yet to touch), the latter two DMC games, and even TMS #FE (though I generally disagree with the censorship).

Even as someone who generally doesn't give a flip about indies I have more than enough to look forward to on Switch.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

IceClimbers

@RR529 I'm in the same boat. I'm currently in the middle of Luigi's Mansion 3 and still need to finish Astral Chain. I haven't even touched any of the games I bought in the sales over the past few months like Ori or AC: The Rebel Collection, let alone the other games in my Switch backlog.

Smash is gonna take up a week or two again thanks to Byleth's release, plus Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is coming soon and will last me quite a while on its own.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

MuhBael

What i need for my Switch are more ports. I would love to see a Dead Space Collection, Metroid Prime Collection, Fallout 3/4 or a GTA. Direct can't come soon enough

Edited on by MuhBael

MuhBael

Krull

There have been so many announcements or leaks already by now - Bioshock, Metro, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, Fire Emblem Four Houses - that I am increasingly inclined to believe that we simply aren't getting a Direct this month. However, we're sure to get something before Animal Crossing releases, even if it's just an Animal Crossing-only presentation.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

Anti-Matter

I think the Direct will be after 25 January 2020, the year Golden Mouse based on Chinese Zodiac.
Nintendo want to start on the year of Golden Mouse since Nintendo (Ox sign) will got great fortune on Rat year.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

MuhBael

Direct in February screencap this

MuhBael

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic