Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 141 to 160 of 15,818

NintendoByNature

Man I just sat here thinking.. how great it would be for a direct to drop right now. I can actually enjoy a beer and watch it live since they're usually in the mornings or early afternoon where i live.

NintendoByNature

Agriculture

nintendobynature wrote:

Man I just sat here thinking.. how great it would be for a direct to drop right now. I can actually enjoy a beer and watch it live since they're usually in the mornings or early afternoon where i live.

Morning beers are the best

Agriculture

NintendoByNature

@Agriculture haha im not saying you're wrong, but I think my boss would have a problem with me enduldging in the AM lol

NintendoByNature

Dezzy

Whitewatermoose wrote:

It is also the reveal day for Mortal Kombat 11, so I don't know if it makes it more or less likely then.

Reggie: "So that's Kirby's Epic Yarn, coming soon. But now.....have you ever wanted to rip someone's spine out through their ass?"

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

IceClimbers

@Whitewatermoose Who are the insiders?

The only insiders I'd pay any attention to are the Era insiders (Emily, Nate, Matt, Vern) and the GameXplain crew, particularly Jon.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

TheAwesomeBowser

Good things come to those who wait. Just putting this here so fellas don't overhype something that might not even happen.

Own up to Joy-Con Drift, Nintendo. We all know it's your fault

TuVictus

eh, that's inevitable. Once the direct does air you always see people start wondering when the next one will be. It's a never ending cycle.

TuVictus

bluemage1989

I would love a Direct right now but at the same time I like that Nintendo are playing with expectations by not putting one out when we all expected one.

@Whitewatermoose that while Big Marring thing sounds familiar but not quite sure. You couldn't tell me more about it could you??

bluemage1989

bluemage1989

@Whitewatermoose whatever it may turn out to be I'm certainly intrigued but its hard to know what's real in this modern gaming world of leakers, insiders and analysts.

bluemage1989

TheAwesomeBowser

If there's one hope I have for this Direct, it's that they don't waste any time talking about NSO.

Own up to Joy-Con Drift, Nintendo. We all know it's your fault

Dezzy

The 2 most likely explanations is that it's either been cancelled, hence why they announced the Yoshi release date by itself, or they're waiting for one of the game trailers to be finished. Maybe Fire Emblem, given that that should be one of the main focuses.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

One rather interesting thing is that out of all the twitter announcements, only Yoshi reached the Switch news section. No Dragon's Dogma, no FFXII and no FFX/X-2 HD. Another thing to note is that Yoshi being put on the eshop on 22nd December or earlier (I noticed it on the 22nd) means the decision to give Yoshi a release date outside a Direct may have been decided last month.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

troy258

I think we still need a direct, in january or early february. Fire emblem three houses, daemon x machina, ninjala still don't have any release dates and I expect that they drop final fantasy 7 on the eshop right after the direct.
@Grumblevolcano I fully agree with the Yoshi argument.

troy258

DannyBoi

The Direct won't be big. Although Idid believe Yoshis crafted worldrelease date would be announced in the direct. And I think that the direct could be a late january air date.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

NintendoByNature

I'm thinking the direct might be pretty big since they revealed alot of good stuff already. Personally I don't see an incentive for them to release some info prior to a direct only to have a smaller one when all that into couldve been packed into a direct to make it even bigger. I also thought we wouldve had a direct by now though, so clearly I get things wrong haha

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

February makes this situation weird, if say Travis Strikes Again was February instead of this week I'd say probably this is it until April but that gap between Travis and Yoshi is unnatural by Switch era Nintendo standards.

If no Direct this week, I think they'll have a Direct in February where a small eshop exclusive like Mario vs. DK or Pushmo is an "available after the Direct" announcement.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

troy258

I still hope it's happening this week or next week, I would like to plan my purchases through the year and it's pretty hard if you don't have any release dates.

troy258

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic