Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 1,261 to 1,280 of 15,822

Grumblevolcano

@iKhan 2019 was very similar to 2017 in quantity so it's a reasonable guess to think 2020 will be like 2018 (more relaxed lineup for the whole year with a focus on ports/remasters).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

iKhan

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@iKhan 2019 was very similar to 2017 in quantity so it's a reasonable guess to think 2020 will be like 2018 (more relaxed lineup for the whole year with a focus on ports/remasters).

I suppose that's fair. I just had a burning hunch that 2020 would be big given that we are due for Bayonetta 3. EAD Tokyo is due for a game, the Mario Kart team is due for a game, and I have a very strong suspicion that BOTW2 is coming out next year.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

AndreaF96

@iKhan I believe in a 2020 botw2 release too.
Also, I think we will see soon something about odyssey 2/odyssey dlc kingdoms.

AndreaF96

Grumblevolcano

@iKhan The Game Awards would be a more fitting place for Bayonetta 3 and BotW 2 if they're coming in 2020.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

Whatever happened to Bravely Default? Did they just ditch that series?

@AndreaF96

No way are they gonna do Odyssey DLC this far after the original game launch. They'll be doing Odyssey 2. I'm 90% sure!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

AndreaF96

@Dezzy yeah I agree with you. It's just that I would be fine with a kingdom or two in the form of dlc, even though I would prefer odyssey 2 and I also think that it is more likely.

AndreaF96

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano Even then, would they really take up 3 world premieres at The Game Awards? We all know Smash DLC is getting announced there.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

iKhan

IceClimbers wrote:

@Grumblevolcano Even then, would they really take up 3 world premieres at The Game Awards? We all know Smash DLC is getting announced there.

If I were to rank the likelihood of announcements at TGAs, it would go

1. Smash DLC
2. BOTW 2
3. Bayonetta 3
4. Metroid Prime Trilogy
5. Whatever EAD Tokyo has in store.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers Well we got 3 in 2017 (BotW Champion's Ballad, Bayonetta 1+2, Bayonetta 3) and 2018 could've been 3 or 4 if Prime 4 wasn't restarted, so maybe. That said even with the September Direct, Switch's lineup is rather barren after Pokemon Sword/Shield so maybe Nintendo does a November Direct around the time Terry Bogard is released and announces DLC fighter 5 there.

Grumblevolcano

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano That was 3 announcements in 2 world premieres since the Bayonetta news was together though.

I think the two Doom games, Assassin's Creed, and Dauntless are enough to wrap up the year. Wouldn't be surprised if DMC3 got released before the end of the year either.

A November Direct could certainly happen, but I definitely don't expect it.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

kkslider5552000

If I had any real problem with this Direct, its that way too many game companies (Nintendo included) feel the need to put so many games out in the last few months of the year. Like some of these games would almost certainly do better if released around like February instead of having to compete with Pokemon and Luigi's Mansion and Link's Awakening and Witcher and Overwatch and Spyro etc etc.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

NintendoByNature

@kkslider5552000 I'm with you on that. Why the big end of the year push by everyone? It's like the 3 stooges all trying to cram thru the same door. On the flip side, it just means theres really something for everyone this part of the year. No one should feel disappointed.

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers Yeah, I think a November Direct could happen but it not happening wouldn't be surprising either. With the insanity moving into October and November rather than just being an August 30 to September 27 thing, I'm not sure whether the insane lineup is caused by the Switch Lite or there's plenty happening in early 2020 that's unknown and an insane late August to mid-November is better than an insane January to March for example.

From what we know so far, a fair number of these games would probably do better in early 2020 than the holidays.

Grumblevolcano

farrow000

I doubt there will be another direct until the games awards as they want to keep the big reveals until then. I do think there will be a pokemon direct as Gamefreak are having a 30th anniversary video next month which might be included in that.

farrow000

My Nintendo: SW-3219-1520-3721

Anti-Matter

I'm sure there will be Pokemon Direct before 15 November 2019. I think it will be on October 2019 or early November 2019. Probably the agenda will be revealing the evolution of starter Pokemons.

Anti-Matter

JihyoFanboy

Oof, no SMT V in this direct either. Atlus announced it way too early.

JihyoFanboy

Ninja84

So when do we think the next Direct Will be? We just had a Indie Direct and no real annoncements at TGA so we should see one very early january right? the 2020 Line-up is looking Pretty sparse at the moment..

Ninja84

GrailUK

I'm going to go nuts and predict either a boxing day or Jan 2nd Raar! Next year is going to be THAT good!!!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

link3710

January 9th for me, Gonna wait til the post-Christmas shopping winds down then hit us.

link3710

BruceCM

Well, they could do some reveals on Social media to keep us going, @Ninja84.... But I think a January direct is likely, though I'll say nearer the end of the month
It all depends on how games are coming along & info from various third parties, as well as the known Nintendo own stuff

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic