Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 1,161 to 1,180 of 15,474

FragRed

@Lemmy_the_Koopa @Magician I feel if a new F-Zero game were to emerge, this is the success of the Switch and the high attach rate maybe it's best shot at being seeing as a big deal. It would certainly receive a lot of hype, which may in turn attract the attention of those who would normally have passed it up.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a new Wave Racer before we see a new F-Zero, as the former was kinda "teased" a while back. Not that Nintendo teasing anything means it will happen.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

GrailUK

Ohhh is it that time of the year to be nowhere near at guessing what's at E3? Ok then...
Super Monkey Ball (Yes I know I say this every year)
Metroid Prime Trilogy (Yes I say this every year too.)
Popeye
A Nintendo Star Wars game (I figure since the Switch isn't really figuring in EA's plans, this doesn't affect their license, especially as Star Wars is in a bit of a lull at the moment.)

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

FragRed

@GrailUK I’m a bit confused by what you’re saying about the Star Wars license. Are you saying that Nintendo themselves develop and publish a Star Wars game for the Switch? That’s never going to happen as long as EA remains holder of the video game license for that franchise. However if you are suggesting it’s a game developed for the Switch by EA then I also don’t see that happening. EA really doesn’t care about the system no matter how popular continues to be, outside of FIFA.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

GrailUK

@FragRed Shhh Frag, it's my twisted logic

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

-Green-

Less than 2 weeks until e3 starts

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Lemmy_the_Koopa

@FragRed Why not both ;p?

But kidding aside, I would not be mad if F-ZERO is delayed for a new Wave Race, even if the last entry was also on GameCube with Blue Storm (though that was two years earlier than F-ZERO). With me also anticipating Astral Chain, Luigi's Mandion 3 (that will be my first LM game), and Dragon Quest IX, an F-ZERO will just be icing on the proverbial cake. So I will cross my fingers for you, too, though not as hard as for F-ZERO ;p.

Edited on by Lemmy_the_Koopa

Lemmy_the_Koopa

Laoak

New IP from Ubisoft is a definite now after the leak...

{funny quote here}

FragRed

@LetsGoSwitch To be fair to Ubisoft, no matter how average their games generally are, they do at least attempt to create new IP, something EA and Activision could perhaps try every once in a while.

Magician

Just thirteen more days till ze E3 Direct.
Untitled

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

HobbitGamer

That’s almost two weeks away!! That’s like twelve bed times!

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

FragRed

@HobbitGamer That time will fly by. I mean I still struggle to get over how it's been almost a whole year already since last E3.

Anti-Matter

Three Directs i have interest about.
1. Pokemon Direct at 5 June 2019
2. EA Play : The Sims 4 on 8 June 2019
3. Nintendo Direct on 11 June 2019

Anti-Matter

NintendoByNature

Can't believe only 8 days (if im correct ) until e3 kicks off. And we get a little teaser next week with Pokemon direct. My hype level is thru the roof

NintendoByNature

Laoak

What I expect:

• Mario Odyssey DLC
  • Info on Fire Emblem, Astral Chain, Luigi's Mansion 3 and 3rd and 1st Party title updates
  • Animal Crossing Trailer
  • News on Bayonetta 3 (brief)
  • 3rd Party support
  • 1st Part updates
  • That new Ubisoft IP

Wild Cards:

• New IP
  • Mario Kart 9
  • F-Zero

What I don't expect:
-Mother 3 (They would of got Reggie to do it)

• Another old IP revived (eg. Kid Icarus)
  • Metroid Prime 4

{funny quote here}

Magician

One...week...left...until the E3 Direct. LETS GO!
Untitled

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

NintendoByNature

Can't wait, and we get some e3 stuff Saturday I believe. Although i think it's mostly tournaments

NintendoByNature

Diddy64

So now that has been almost 2 months since Nintendo E3 Direct, would we have a new direct in the next month? I'd say it may come at the end of September, due to many games releasing that month.

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Grumblevolcano

I'd guess September 12th for the next Direct. There are 4 main things we don't know about regarding the last few months of 2019 on the Nintendo side:
1. What is Nintendo doing to improve NSO going into year 2?
2. Is Link's Awakening getting anymore content or is it the GBC game with better visuals and a dungeon creator?
3. Is there a game for December?
4. Smash stuff (e.g. when is Banjo coming, who is character 4)

Though I do think the last 2 weeks of August will have Nindie events (one for Gamescom, one for PAX West).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoByNature

@Grumblevolcano i know you usually have a beat on this stuff. We Will prob have a nindies showcase of some kind this month based on previous years right?

As for the next main direct. It has to be within 4 weeks. I really don't see people renewing subs with what's on the table unless they come out and offer something via a direct or on their YouTube page.

For direct predictions...
Sometime in the next 4 week's
A Wii u port for December and Jan or Feb. Probabaly wonderful 101 and Mario 3d world.
A new dk game for 2020 as well as a 2d metroid.
For nso, they HAVE to bring in more consoles. Snes and n64 are musts at this point or alot of people are out. I for one will keep it though for smm2

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic